VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support and it works flawlessly with Aerofly FS2

• you have seen that the VRK download includes a leap motion integration i presume?

I saw that it was an installer was in the archive, but didn't know if VRK use it directly.

I think it vould be a good solution with the wacom VRK pen and I like to fly without joystick, for me, it adds a lot of realism to take the virtual stick of the plane in virtual hand.

Does VRK link the leap motion driver ? to do what ?

• I saw that it was an installer was in the archive, but didn't know if VRK use it directly.

I think it vould be a good solution with the wacom VRK pen and I like to fly without joystick, for me, it adds a lot of realism to take the virtual stick of the plane in virtual hand.

Does VRK link the leap motion driver ? to do what ?

he comments on it in the pdf, but i think its just a separate thing rather than an ‘integration’ with vrk as i implied earlier.

• My Intuous S has arrived and I like it. I can load in airport info, navigation notes, even screen grabs from google maps for a bit of pilotage navigation - if anyone's interested I found a nifty way of creating a single large JPEG screengrab (8,000px x 8,000px) from google maps and with the kneeboard you can scroll around it like a live google map.

With my 3d printed bracket it all works very nicely. The slot is for a webbing belt. The right hand clip is for the pen.

• Nice, thanks for sharing Phil,

VRK software is realy great I didn't order my wacom yet, but I began to use that software.

To workarround the static configuration of VR controleur in aerofly, I found a software bridge to map buttons/sticks from VR Controler to a standard virtual joy. I can now use the two B buttons for Pause and Back functions of Aerofly and small joys of valve knuckles to navigate in VRK. ;)

I used two a teensy board to make an ADC usb joystick connected to my old g940 pedals and remove all other paired G940 devices (stick and throttle).

Now I'm using only valve index knuckles and G940 pedals (no needs of keyboard, mouse etc). I love it.

steam-vr-wheel-2.5.3 : https://github.com/mdovgialo/steam-vr-wheel/releases

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

Edited once, last by jpx (April 23, 2020 at 1:37 AM).

• Thanks for the github link jpx . It is interesting to see people moding the vr controls so that they do not automatically grab things. My view of the future of VR simming is that a popular option will be a blend of physical controls (yoke and stick and probably throttle quadrant at least) and virtual hands for smaller items used less often. To make that work we will need the option to disable grabbing functionality with the virtual hands around the yoke/stick. Nice to see that starting to appear. How easy was vrjoy by the way? I like the BU0836a as there is absolutely no software config needed. Anyone could follow an ikea style instruction sheet and build a working controller.

• Hi Phil,

You are right the BU0836a is better for ikea style, I just have a lot of teensy at home and working often with that device since you can do a lot of thing with it. Concerning the teensy there are a lot of samples code for all, but of course some C skills are needed ;)

DB9 For g940 pedals

- 1 : ground (black)

- 2, 3, 4 : ADC channels (white)

- 5 : +3.3V from teensy (red)

Cheers,

JP

• To make that work we will need the option to disable grabbing functionality with the virtual hands around the yoke/stick. Nice to see that starting to appear. How easy was vrjoy by the way?

Yes, but sine all aircrafts or helicopters are so different, with only pedals it differs less from aircraft to another... Of course with knuckles, the FFB is more limited, but it simplify greatly the installation and it's better for my WAF (Woman Acceptance Factor) !!!

;-p

Cheers,

JP

• To get a massive JPG map/skyvector offline do this

1) Use Firefox

2) Do Ctrl-M for responsive developer mode and create a custom screen size of 8,000px x 8,000px or whatever suits

3) Load your map/skyvector as normal

4) Get a firefox screen grab plugin which will snapshot the browser contents full size

• To get a massive JPG map/skyvector offline do this

1) Use Firefox

2) Do Ctrl-M for responsive developer mode and create a custom screen size of 8,000px x 8,000px or whatever suits

3) Load your map/skyvector as normal

4) Get a firefox screen grab plugin which will snapshot the browser contents full size

Excellent, thanks

Does VRK support 8kx8k png files ?

I noticed some display bug with image. Pdf seems to be more supported by VRK. is it the same for you ?

Jean-Pierre

Edited once, last by jpx (April 24, 2020 at 10:31 PM).

• Ok, I tried,

It seems to work in VRK with 8k*8k but original ratio is not respected. Is there a checkbox somewhere to avoid that or should I make snapshot with respect of VRK portrait ratio.

Do you know a solution to convert big png into in pdf ?

Cheers,

JP

• Hi Phil,

I install the last version yesterday, I still have the same problem,

I noticed that on configuring VRK, in the tab VR, several time the VRK window reduces its width when I pressed on Apply button.

Perhaps VRK as memorized that new reduced width permanently and that the origin of the issue roblem

• My Intuous S has arrived and I like it. I can load in airport info, navigation notes, even screen grabs from google maps for a bit of pilotage navigation - if anyone's interested I found a nifty way of creating a single large JPEG screengrab (8,000px x 8,000px) from google maps and with the kneeboard you can scroll around it like a live google map.

With my 3d printed bracket it all works very nicely. The slot is for a webbing belt. The right hand clip is for the pen.

Hi Phil,

I just received mine !!!
    Could you share your adapter design with us/me? Parasolid or step files should be great ! 😉

Thanks in advance,

JPX

• Here it is. It's a tight fit for the Intuos by the way. Maybe too tight? You may want to shave a touch off this overhang.