VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support and it works flawlessly with Aerofly FS2

• Hallo Leute,

Kann mir bitte jemand Punkt für Punkt erklären, wie man mit VRK in AF2 und auch in DCS hineinkommt. Wie muss ich VRK mit den beiden Sims verbinden?

Habe bisher kein Erfolg gehabt, von daher wäre ich froh, wenn mir jemand dabei helfen kann.

Und noch eine abschliessende Frage: kann ich VRK nicht auch offline benützen, also nur 2dFlat ohne VR? Wie gehe ich hier vor?

Merci für Eure Hilfe!

inglisch:

Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain to me point by point how to get into AF2 and DCS with VRK. How do I connect VRK to the two Sims?

Have not been successful so far, so I would be happy if someone can help me.

And another final question: can't I use VRK offline, so only 2dFlat without VR? How do I do this?

Merci for your help!

Froher Gruss :)

Para

• Hi Paraovski,

What type of VR headset do you have (Oculus, or open VR compatible) ?

For Oculus it's particular, VRK has to modify the simulator on the fly (via code injector) to be able to use VRK in the same time. I have an Oculus CV1 too but I did'nt success to run VRK inside Aerofly with Oculus.

With my valve index (openVR or steamVR) it's more simple and works well with Aerofly. Both softwares VRK and the simulator are speaking directly with OpenVR/steamVR. Actually OpenVR/SteamVR give the possibility to have several VR applications running at the same time. VRK use this natural feature in that case.

With OpenVR you can use VRK alone too since VRK speak directly with openVR. Just launch OpenVR and look inside your headset. If not, go in Configuration (Gear button), VR tab and set the VRMode you have. I advice to use steamvr).

If you have an oculus perhaps you can try "revive" software to emulate an openVR headset but you will loose framerate

good luck,

• I use a wmr and my sequence is thus:

1. Start pc, steam boots in background
    2. Launch VRK, which kicks off the WMR window, but also straight into steam vr
    3. Headset on,VRK window is already there
    4. then launch fs2
  • Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR should be installed from Steam for WMR headsets too...

Frame rates are better with the beta version..(Lenovo Explorer over here)

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Alles funktioniert nun bestens!

Ausserdem habe ich mir noch eine Tastatur gekauft, mit welcher ich alle beliebigen Tastaturkommandos auf eben diese übertragen kann und mit vier Layer kann ich mir für verschiedene Sims schwierige Kommandos für VR-Benutzer einfach programmieren und muss diese nicht gross ertasten. Zb. Sitzverstellung, Aussensichten oder eben was gewünscht ist...

Hier ein Beispiel; http://www.koolertron.com/electronics-ke…-c-106_109.html

Viel Spass

------------------------------------

Everything works fine now!

I also bought a keyboard with which I can transfer any keyboard commands to these and with four layers I can easily program difficult commands for VR users for VR users and do not have to feel them. Eg Seat adjustment, outside views or whatever is desired ...

Here's an example; http://www.koolertron.com/electronics-ke…-c-106_109.html

Have fun

Froher Gruss :)

Para