Searching for Mac users

• Hi Folks,

I'm desperately seeking for feedback from Mac users of AFS2, are there any on the forum ?

The information I'm searching is :

a) are AFS2 and DLCs accessible via Steam in your Mac enviroment? or do you need to get them from other servers?

b) in case you use France VFR Paris Ile-de-France scenery, did you install it with the installer or via Steam?

c) how does this scenery run on your system? what are your computer specifications?

Thanks in advance, you can reply in PM

Cheers and Happy Easter to everybody

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi,

I am also a Mac user (and PPL/A). I have both an iMac (mid-2013) which runs not so bad at the lowest graphics quality and a brand new MacBookPro without GPU but which runs very decently (~30fps). I run the AppStore version with no other DLC, except for the content found on flight-sim.org. I'd like to thanks the contributors by the way, they have done an amazing job! I wish I had the whole western part of France with top quality. No PC at the moment to build my own tiles.

I am eager to replacing my old iMac by a brand new PC and this is the reason I am not buying any DLC at the moment. Of course, I am also expecting FS2020 specs to come out.

Cheers

Guillaume

• Hi Antoine,

my nickname ist "AppleFlyer“ (= ApfelFlieger) and I use a Mac. I'll give you more details on my configuration later.

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi all,

Macbook pro 2018 user.

All work fine, graphics very nice but steam version no work with orbx central app, you cant use purchases from orbx. It is a small fix, i think orbx team will fix it.

On appstore version, all work fine but you have a graphical issue for macbook pro 2018.

• Moin Antoine,

a) are AFS2 and DLCs accessible via Steam in your Mac enviroment? or do you need to get them from other servers?

Basically I can download AFS2 and DLCs from Steam and for a beta version for the Mac I have already done so at the request of IPACS. But I don't like Steam that much, I prefer to get the software from the AppStore, Flight-Sim.org an FSCloudPort.com.

b) in case you use France VFR Paris Ile-de-France scenery, did you install it with the installer or via Steam?

Unfortunately I don't use the scene „France FS 2 - France VFR - Paris-Ifl-de-Frynce“ not because there is not for a Mac.

c) how does this scenery run on your system? what are your computer specifications?

The specification of my computer is now in my signature.

By, stay healthy

Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi all,

Macbook pro 2018 user.

(...)

On appstore version, all work fine but you have a graphical issue for macbook pro 2018.

What kind of issue?

I’not sure to understand : can you get DLC via Steam or not Steam doesn’t work at all for mac ?

If steam is not available for mac users we can find workarounds for scenery installers.

What are the specs of your computer, can you run Paris smoothly on mac ?

Thanks

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Most DLC is available for Mac on Steam although there are some prominent exceptions:

France VFR

Lukla

Helgoland

NE USA

Scenery from Orbx can be installed manually by copying from: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/Backup

Then pasting to: ~/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/addons/scenery

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9 with Radeon Pro Vega 20 & everything runs fast & smooth on the built-in display, not so much on an external 4K display.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Steam work for Mac :)

You can get ORBX scenery from two ways:

- From Steam directly : no problem

- From ORBX Direct app: problem: Aerofly steam version are not detected and ORBX Direct refuse to launch.

If someone who use Aerofly + ORBX Direct can submit is central.json, i can try to fix that.

• Ok, thank you guys,

So steam is available for Mac users, but the Paris scenery was obviously not yet released on Steam for Mac users.

We'll check whether it runs smooth in that environment.

Cheers

Antoine

• Dear Mac users

Quick question. Do you know how to disable the zoom function on my magic mouse. Always annoying, if I'm on final and instead of switching the lights on, I zoom in...

Thank you so much and kind regards,

GrandToledo