Animated Traffic for Downtown Chicago - Meigs Field KCGX

• Inspired by Jeff (drhotwing1) for bringing life to Aerofly.

Also inspired by Colin (brunnobellic) for adding life throughout various Aerofly sceneries.

https://flight-sim.org/filebas…chicago-meigs-field-kcgx/

Chicago animation works great with ORBX Meigs Field DLC Add-on

Disclaimer:

Some paths with large curves were difficult to get vehicles to obey paths. You will see some off road drunk drivers in few areas.

Great HINT: Don't look for it, just fly and have fun.

Mad respect for Jeff (drhotwing1) for animating the areas he did within Flordia Life Project, because this process does require a lot of work to cover large areas.

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+

• Excellent application. Thanks. Where are the trees?

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• Lots of freeway traffic but watch for the Piper and Cessna flying around.

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

Get ready for the next level of AFS2, graphics and animations you only dreamed of . . . Hawaii Revisited . Coming soon.

• great job mate well done. where did you get the models from to animate ?

• It is great to see three people adding animated traffic here and there in 'our world'. Many thanks for the effort, it's very enjoyable!

Can we hope for an animated plane (or heli!) at LOWI Innsbruck?

i5-7400@3GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX1060 3GB, Lenovo Explorer, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer.

PC still fast enough to run Aerofly FS2 in VR at Medium/High settings!

• It is great to see three people adding animated traffic here and there in 'our world'. Many thanks for the effort, it's very enjoyable!

I really only dabbled with vehicles on the ground. As far as animating rotating helicopter blades, I don't acquire the knowledge for that process. Perhaps Colin (brunnobellic) is the man for that job?

This current method of animation on the ground is actually a very big process if you want many areas with coverage.

If somehow a different approach was used with OSM data, it could be easier.

-Jake

GTX 1080 Ti, i7-7700k 4.6, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD (AF2), Windows 10 Home 64 bit, Samsung Odyssey+

• I'm a complete noob in programming, so I'll take my hat off for the three of you...

Love those animated planes in Chicago and Florida and was hoping for something like that in Innsbruck.

Will wait patiently for more great additions. Together with Larry's Lynx it has been a great year so far for Aerofly FS2.

I really appreciate all the free time spend to give us these great add-ons!

i5-7400@3GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX1060 3GB, Lenovo Explorer, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer.

PC still fast enough to run Aerofly FS2 in VR at Medium/High settings!

i can put one in for an update for people. And many thanks to you and everyone for the support for all of us developers that make all the add-ons to make the sim much more better. We all work hard and some as a team to help the community and take pride in what we all do. Thank you.look out for lowi i will put more stuff in very soon 😊

• Thanks a lot Jake for this addon ! :thumbup:

The ORBX addon was already impressive and you added some life to it, like it should has been from the begining...

If we could generalize ground traffic across the globe it would be fabulous. AFS2 really needs to support vector routes to manage ground traffic. Then we could import OSM roads from anywhere in the world !

PS: I love specially the face of the guy who walks his dog next to the airport ^^