Test Flatten Aera at Airport with Modelconveterx

• Hello,

I've been looking for a way to put the floor at the airport on a floor level. In FSX, Prepare Sim this is possible.

In sketchup I created a polygon with the texture of the airport. This texture is exported to dae.

This file is then loaded into the modelconverter.

Then create a MDL file from it.

With this mdl file I created a ground polygon with all data including the height of the course, etc.

Then create a FSX BGL file from this file.

This file will be imported into the Modelconverter and a TSC and TGI file will be created...how to work with wiki...;)

The result enclosed.... see picture

Unfortunately, I can't go on like this yet, because the ground is still floating and the texture is not lying correctly on the ground despite correct Lon and Lat and degrees.

I am aware that the file is twisted by Modelconverter with imported.

I mean that can a way to make flatten Grounds on airports.

Other ideas...welcome

Regards

ULI

• Hi Uli,

Unfortunately, to flatten the ground, you'll need 2 things :

1) vertices of your TGI must be weighed => painted red or black (as per wiki tuto), depending on parts of the ground polygon that must be visible (textured airport mesh) or transparent (i.e. smoothing of the base photo ground)

2) your TGI must be defined as GROUND instead of OBJECT in the TSC file before compilation, which MCX doens't allow yet

Regarding Point 1)

Sketchup doesn't allow vertices weighing.

There are AC3D tutos for airport ground polygon design, I haven't checked them yet but I think AC3D also doesn't allow vertices weighing.

If it's the case, then probably by default your textured ground polygon would be visible, which is an acceptable workaround.

=> To be tested !

Regarding Point 2)

You have to convert your TGI into TMB using the IPACS SDK converter instead of directly through MCX. To do this you'll need :

- the TGI file with it's original textures,

- a TSC input file

- a TMC configuration file (standard file you can take from SDK examples)

Fortunately enough you can simply reuse the TSC file you got from MCX as an input TSC file for the Converter, just make your ground polygon is defined as GROUND, as per code below.

Code
            <[list_tmsimulator_scenery_object][objects][]
                <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][0]
                    <[string8][type][ground]>
                    <[string8][geometry][lfpq_rwy]>
                    <[vector3_float64][position][2.90321230888367 48.7064078450203 0]>
                    <[float64][orientation][0]>
                    <[int32][autoheight_override][1]>
                >
            >

Let's see if it works without painting the vertices in red/black

Good luck

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• (...)

i tested with your code.

(...)

And the result ?

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi,

next result.

I can put as "Object", then i see the ground, set Level at 6 m overground then the Polyg. fly over the Aerofly Ground....

i can on the new Polygon drive.... but at the edge the aircraft fall downX/

when i set to the correct airport High the rest from old Aerofly Mesh shinning at the new ....

The fact is, at the new Polygon TMB File are the Altitude is set in from Modelconverter.

But the old one from Aerofly does not flatten under the new one.

AC3 is to complexe to made a correct Mesh at Airport.

I wonder does we have a tool for aerofly to set lightly the new Mesh Altitude.

Very Bad for all ...

In FSX, P3d and so on....all that tools we have, and in the Modelconverter to.

Regards

ULI

• ...AC3 is to complexe to made a correct Mesh at Airport.

Hi Uli,

in fact it has been proven, that it is not too complex:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But of course you have to learn the tool as we all have to do for other sw like blender, gimp paintshop etc. ;)

This is the AC3D way:

1. Actually Antoine is correct, there is no weighting of vertices.

2. The aerofly converter supports 2 ground meshes with a required naming:

__airport__outside with average flattening

__airport__runway with strong flattening

3. You have to use the aerofly exporter inside AC3D to get the correct result.

The nice feature is, that these meshes fit smoothly into the aerofly elevation mesh.

But I like your approach, to find another ways and that you don't give up too early.

So try this idea:

Create a flat mesh without texture, name it edxw__airport__runway
    Attention: Double underscores! _ _ between the names
    Call this in the tsc:

Next create a mesh with texture, call it as an object in the tsc as well and hope, that it works.

Naming doesn't matter for this object.

Possible problems:

Does modelconverter transfer the mesh at height 0?

Pay attention that the max texture size is 4096x4096 for your airport runway.

• Hi Rodeo,

thx, but i have AC3d and i must pay this tool.... i have so much payed tools in the last years for Scenery Design at FSX, P3D, and so on.... it was

a big hole in my cashbag.;)

AC3d is first a tested version, after the time goes...must payed.:/

When i made for all user my scenery and give it to all for free, then is payware not the right way...

i want no cash , for my work...

The Mesh wat i created with Sketchup and converted with MCx has the high Level from airport, after i put it in the scenery and the altitude is

set 0, my mesh on the ground wish shinning the old one. When i set the Altitude to airport High exp. 601m, the mesh are over the aerofly ground in 601m Altitude... i can set the aircraft on it and drive on it to all edges.:S

The mesh has format 2km x 1km, and i have splitting in 16 pices at two 1024x1024 bmp files, then created with MCx.

okay, i go the way you are answerd...1 Mesh without texture, second same mesh with texture.

Is that right?

Or the first mesh and second mesh with same 4096x4096?

thx ULI

Edited once, last by uli057 (April 22, 2020 at 2:10 PM).