where is the link (othersvr) to switch between normal and VR mode

• HELLO

i BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM ORBX (lowi iNSBRUCK AIRPORT )TO MY NEW PC. THE FOLDER IS HERE: C/PROGRAMMES/AEROFLY FS2 FLIGHT SIMULATOR ADDONS/SCENERY. i DON'T KNOW WHERE TO INSTALL IT. COULD YOU HELP PLEASE; I AM A NEW PC USER BUT A VERY OLD MAC USER.

THANKS CLAUDE

• Thanks, but I had already install ftx central. I can read on the first window: installed into aérofly FS2 directory and there is also a path who is exactly the same I have on my computer.May be every thing is already ok?

Thanks

Claude

• By the installation via Orbx-Central the purchased sceneries are automatically put in the right location of your mapping-structure of AFS2.

So, do not move them afterwards to another location.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Thanks for your help, today I fly over lowi. but to do that I had to move the map from florida to europe and i was unable to ,see vhere lowi was. so I used lat and lon from lowi to ease me find the airport. I suppose there is a better way to do that..

I am used for years to fly with x-plane and to find an airport I simply enter the Iata code with 4 digits. so I am a little disappointed with aérofly.

Regards Claude

• The problem is that he does not know where Innsbruck is on the map. This is a question of geographic knowledge. And Aerofly FS2 is not very helpful in this respect, ie. no search option. And again a very old request never been fulfilled. Boring and disappointing to see the same over and over for years.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• The problem is that he does not know where Innsbruck is on the map. This is a question of geographic knowledge. And Aerofly

In these days ...with internet and google ... I think everyone can find a town / land / airport whatever ..

Even Trump knows ... that " belgium is a beautiful city " :) ;)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• In these days ...with internet and google ... I think everyone can find a town / land / airport whatever ..

Even Trump knows ... that " belgium is a beautiful city " :) ;)

Ja, natürlich kann man das. Aber es wäre schön, wenn das direkt in Aerofly FS2 gehen würde. Aber ich wollte mich eigentlich hier nicht mehr äussern.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I am french, and I went many time in europe but find innsbruck in the middle of the mountains is not easys I agree with TomB and I prefer enter the OACI code in x-plane.

Nice day

Cloclo

• cloclo326 April 27, 2020 at 3:03 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “how to install OBIX lowi Insbruck on my PC” to “where is the link (othersvr) to switch between normal and VR mode”.
  • hello. you say select when starting. when I clic on the icon of aeroflight i go immediately on the first page of afs2 and then clic on start, but i see no possibility to select othervr.

about two month ago from "application" from the start menu i had two possibility to select; occulus or other vr but now i have only occulus.

could you help please

thanks. Claude

• No it is not a steam version it is a DVD box I bought last year in germany. as I told you that in the start windows app menu there is only occulus awailable, but nothing for otherVR. my Head set is a htc vive cosmos. I saw some explanation and links in some posts I tried them but all vere going to occulus.

IF you have some ideas that could be good for me

Thanks. Claude

• Hi cloclo326,

I think you can do it like this so you can start the game without VR;

- Find the icon to start Aeroflightsimulator on your desktop

- make a copy of this icon and copy it back to the desktop

- Right click on the new icon and under Target you enter the following in the line at the back; Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator \ bin64 \ aerofly_fs_2.exe "-othervr

So just a distance then -othervr

Then click Apply.

If you double-click the new icon, the simulation should start without VR.

Hope it works and I understand you correctly.

Froher Gruss :)

Para

• Official Post

I'm a bit confused now because there is a second thread with a similar question.

It should be like this: (shortcut target)

with VR on... Native VR support, no steam VR but still VR: "......\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\bin64\aerofly_fs_2.exe" -othervr

non VR, just plain 2D: add nothing at the end. Remove the -othervr to create a shortcut that launches without VR.

Regards,

Jan

• HI you two

in the shortcut of aéroflyfs2 flight simulator and with a right clic on the icone on the desktop there is no( target.) i went to the "explorer" and enter in the search bar the link you provided and windows answer (can't find this link)

one or two month ago it was easy to find othersvr from the window start menu and applications . Aerofly FS2 flight simulator is still there but when i open the icone there is only (start in mode oculusvr) the mode othersvr has disappeared.

I think there must be a simple way to switch between normal and vr mode and back without to write a code line.

Thanks for your help but for the moment i can't access vr on afs2

I bought the dvd box last year in germany my headset is a htc vive cosmos and my pc is msi artic rtx 2062

claude