Animation video tutorial.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi Brunobellic,

Very nice tutorial, thanks a lot, I was using pretty much the same methods except I tend to first complete the object to animate with proper scaling, floor sitting and textures naming before to start animating.

So far I've been facing 2 issues I haven't yet overcome :

1) alpha transparencies don't show up properly on animated objects (e.g. rotating prop, canopy)

2) aircraft model must bank in traffic pattern turns. This is sure possible, but I haven't tried it out yet.

So I decided not to delay the IDF Paris pack and if I find a handy solution to my issues I could release a small add-on feature.

BTW once these issues are mastered; I think it must be possible to create a set of standard left hand and right hand traffic patterns that can be just called on any runway in AFS2 by just adjusting placement and orientation...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Yes I had problems with the models and alpha transparencies to but don't now the solution for that yet, as for the aircraft bank there is a feature for it, its next to when you tick follow and it says bank but it never worked for me so have to have a look at it again.

As for the standard left and right traffic pattern I already have them set up , but you still have to make the ref image and then rotate the path with the model to match the runway and then change the cords in your tsc.

hope to see your work soon .

cheers

colin:)

• Hi there,

i have listen. at 3 D Objects, that he have Bitmaps with Glaseffect and so on, that he has 32Bit and Opac Table.

The 32Bit must convert to 24 Bit!

In the TSC from 3d Object we can define many ....

#

• Diffuse: diffuse color. An optional grayscale '_alpha' texture can be provided to add transparency information (black is fully transparent).
    • Ambient: ambient color. This is a separate grayscale RGB map.
    • Bump: bump map if texture name ends with '_bump', normal map if name ends with '_normal'. The bump maps of a model will be converted to normal maps by the aircraft converter.
    • Specular: specular highlight color and strength. Color and strength are given by RGB values of the texture, specular highlight width is controlled by the alpha channel
    • Reflection: strength of sharp reflection. Red color channel controls the strength of the environment reflection. Do not use the green and blue channels as they are reserved for other purposes.
    • Self-Illumination: color luminance map.
    • Filter Color: illumination. RGB channels encode the illumination strength/lightmap for the interaction of the diffuse color with three independent light sources. (This slot is used in 3D Studio Max only. In most cases, we don't assign these textures explicitly but use the suffix '_illumination' and let the converter add the texture to the material.

We use the suffixes '_color', '_ambient', '_bump', … to distinguish the different textures that make up one material. These suffixes are not required but allow the aircraft converter to automatically add textures to a material if they have the same base name, and the 3D modeling software doesn't support a particular texture slot.

#

You can show the Opac Bitmaps in the Modelconverter when insert 3D Objects with Glaseffect or other effect.

The transparenz System is as follow.

Normal Bitmap has 24 Bit RGB Color.

Transparenz with Alpha Channel Bitmaps, also 24 Bit.

When the Object has the Opac Colors and are not define in TSC, the wall or other Parts shinnig complete through.

I hope that is helpfull

Regards

ULI

• (...)The transparenz System is as follow.

Normal Bitmap has 24 Bit RGB Color.

Transparenz with Alpha Channel Bitmaps, also 24 Bit.

When the Object has the Opac Colors and are not define in TSC, the wall or other Parts shinnig complete through.

(...)

Hi Uli,

Thank you for your input. It's not exactly the case : adding an alpha channel to a 24 bits bmp makes it a 32 bits bmp. Otherwise, if you save it as a 24-bit image you just loose your alpha channel.

The graphical engine of AFS2 unfortunately has a big flaw with partially-transparent 32bit textures, causing erratic transparency effects.

For standard objects a simple workaround is to define your object as 'object_binary_alpha' instead of 'object', AFS2 uses then a different shader allowing correct transparencies, despite I think the alpha mask is digital (totally transparent or totally opaque).

Otherwise, the "standard" workaround is to remap textures on your object use different textures for surfaces having transparency effects and surfaces without any transparency.

For instance, for an aircraft you'd use 24-bit textures for the fusleage and wings and 32-bit textures with alpha channel for the canopy and rotating propeller.

This unfortuately requests to manually rework objects you import from FSX/P3D.

Xref objects don't have the object_binary_alpha switch, thus the "standard" workaround must be applied and then there's no more issue.

Animated objects, however, seem to ingore transparencies, even after applying the "standard" workaround...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Also important to note, that animations path constraint reacts to the terrain heightmaps. So if you have an aircraft flying over rough terrain, you will see the aircraft rapidly go up and down. Flight animations in mountain areas, not so great. (Unless there is a workaround?) Once existing Left and Right patterns, touch and goes are created, then yes Trespassers it's only a matter of tsc rotation and coordinate adjustments.

• Also important to note, that animations path constraint reacts to the terrain heightmaps. So if you have an aircraft flying over rough terrain, you will see the aircraft rapidly go up and down. Flight animations in mountain areas, not so great. (Unless there is a workaround?) Once existing Left and Right patterns, touch and goes are created, then yes Trespassers it's only a matter of tsc rotation and coordinate adjustments.

You're right ! the 3rd issue I had was I tried setting absolute altitude instead of relative, or giving an offset to a relative altitude, but it didn't work...

I had so many parallel projects that I left these animations for later... don't know when.

• Brunno...

question about Speed.

At the Tsc are the scale... but no effect for speed.

But i have for the three animated objects diffrent speeds.

At 3dMax all objects with the same scale factor....

Why are diffrent speeds at aerofly run...?

Regards

ULI