• A question .. I use the airbus a320 a lot in aerofly2020 ... But unfortunately when I fly in mountainous areas such as snow or Colorado .. My flight is very complicated not knowing how high to fly the terrain ... What advice do you give me ? It is that without the help of the MCDU where I can see the points and the height level that I must have very difficult .. Hopefully soon we can use the MCDU .. What advice would you give me to know what heights to fly on the approach? For example, when I reach cruising altitude flight level 370 ... I begin the descent ... I am in a mountainous area ... How can I guess how high to descend?

• Normally this information is displayed on a MAP or the Terrain radar on the ND (you have a button to activate it but not sure it is implemented on the AFS2 A320 though)

i9 9900K @5.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GEForce RTX 2080 - Asus Z390 Pro Gaming - 32Go de RAM DDR4 3200Mhz / PC2: i7 8700K OC 5.1Ghz - Geforce GTX 1070 OC 8Go - Asus ROG Maximus X Hero - 32Go DDR4 @ 3200 - SSD 5.5To

• In F-PLN the line before the last is corresponding to the last imposed waypoint at 10 Nm facing the runway. In the MCDU the altitude of this point is always 2000 ft AGL (in Aerofly FS2020) — note that the last line is the threshold of the runway at 50 ft AGL.

I usually approach at 3000 ft AGL (so the 2000 ft AGL+ 1000 ft). 3000 ft AGL is almost set at the pink (D) in the ND, where the plane starts itself the approach phase and deceleration.

In French: http://a320afs2ios.wpweb.fr/

Approaching an ILS, you can set a waypoint facing the runway over the 10 Nm. So in the MCDU you can read the altitude at F-PLN > the waypoint. You can descend at this altitude + 1000 ft. The plane will finish the descent at this point and you capture the LOC (this starts the approach phase).

• In F-PLN the line before the last is corresponding to the last imposed waypoint at 10 Nm facing the runway. In the MCDU the altitude of this point is always 2000 ft AGL (in Aerofly FS2020) — note that the last line is the threshold of the runway at 50 ft AGL.

I usually approach at 3000 ft AGL (so the 2000 ft AGL+ 1000 ft). 3000 ft AGL is almost set at the pink (D) in the ND, where the plane starts itself the approach phase and deceleration.

In French: http://a320afs2ios.wpweb.fr/

Approaching an ILS, you can set a waypoint facing the runway over the 10 Nm. So in the MCDU you can read the altitude at F-PLN > the waypoint. You can descend at this altitude + 1000 ft. The plane will finish the descent at this point and you capture the LOC (this starts the approach phase).

I give you an example .. I talk about the descent after arriving on a cruise .. For example we are at 33 thousand feet and we fly over a mountainous area I don't know exactly at what height to go down ... If I put 10 thousand feet and there is higher ground ? This is why the fmc needs to work to see the correct heights. On the approach he used the navigation charts to see the height bro

• You won't normally fly approaches "out of the blue" so you will either follow a published approach (STAR) or you will follow the ATC instructions. In AFS2 there's no ATC so you will check the altitudes on the chart to the IAF to intercept the final (loc and glide) if the runway features an ILS.

The issue is more from TOD to the STAR, if you happen to fly over a mountain range. In that case you should check the altitudes on a map (or use a flight planner) to see the clearances. That's where the terrain map on the ND is useful as it shows an overlay of the relief in the Now, unless you fly over Himalaya, the Alps or any other well known mountain range you have some margin from FL 370 so I won't be too concerned to start the descent until FL200 and then you can check where you are before joining the initial point in the STAR

i9 9900K @5.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GEForce RTX 2080 - Asus Z390 Pro Gaming - 32Go de RAM DDR4 3200Mhz / PC2: i7 8700K OC 5.1Ghz - Geforce GTX 1070 OC 8Go - Asus ROG Maximus X Hero - 32Go DDR4 @ 3200 - SSD 5.5To

• In AFS2020, I create my own STAR judging the terrain from the satellite view. 😱 YES, but I feel it also like a game. And the forced 10 Nm waypoint facing the runway can be a nightmare. And the MCDU doesn’t give about altitude constraints (appart from the 2000 ft AGL at 10 Nm). Otherwise I would often put a waypoint before 10 Nm with an altitude constraints to have a TOD for this point.