Hola! As a small tribute to Brunnobellics Asturias airport area ....

• Hola Colin

Going around the problem you are asking me (which does not let you change the numbers on the runway), there is only one explanation: that you have built the airport buildings, "on the opposite side of the runway".

If it is like this (and it sure is), and would allow you to change the numbers, we would find the airport (and the runway), turned 180º. Quite a problem!

Initially I have never considered this possibility, because I assumed that the system would ask you on which side you build the buildings, at the beginning of the construction.

Anyway, friend Colin, I'm sorry for that mistake. and also not being able to help you. Do not worry about it. Do it when you can and don't modify your plans. I will wait what is necessary, and I will always be doubly grateful to you.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hello again Colin

I do not know the conclusions that you have drawn so far.

In my previous replay, I claimed that you had built the buildings on the opposite side of the runway. Well, I RECTIFY NOW. The buildings are built in the right place.

I have unzipped the Zip thanks to the information provided by higgy, consequently I have opened and copied the files in the appropriate folder and I have enjoyed (I just did it right now), the first flights over your airport. A true enjoyment.

In these flights over crops that I made with the help of AeroScenery, with surprise I discovered that the orientation of the surfaces that surround the airport, the city of Santiago de Compostela, etc. etc. they are correctly oriented. Only the directions written at the head of the runway are reversed: 170º corresponds to 350º and vice versa. You have to change these numbers, and everything is ready.

Well. Once this is done, I would like you to rectify these two details:

1) .- green color in the grass of the spaces between and around the runways.

2) .- The surface of the runway, a little clearer (like those of Asturias), here are excessively dark

With this, I will be satisfied.

Good night, and, Kind regards: Delfin

Edited 3 times, last by delfinpm (May 18, 2020 at 11:14 AM).

• First of all, I would like to congratulate Colin '' brunnobellic '' for these achievements and for making us share these two airports for Spain!

A BIG THANK-YOU!:thumbup::love:

However for my part, I noted an incompatibility with Spain Elevation Mesh 20m from Thomas '' TomSimMuc '' with regard to these two airports.

LEAS Asturias: Crushing of objects in the ground?

LEST Santiago: Roof of a building take off?

That said, if you deactivate the folder / __es_spain_all20, everything becomes normal!:)

See attached photo

An idea?:/

Thanks!;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Official Post

To me it looks like the origin of these objects is incorrect but they have been modeled to still be on the ground with the default mesh?

To explain this again:

If you use autoheight true then all objects are shifted up and down by the terrain mesh that is loaded. The object origin is moved up and down according to the elevation at that point. If your object origin is not underneath the object the same code is still executed so you are requesting the elevation somewhere else which probably isn't the same elevation underneath the main part of your object geometry.

Multiple objects should remain as individual objects and should not be grouped together. Otherwise you will see some objects floating.

• Make sure also all these objects are called by the same TSC file as the airport ground.

If it's not the case, they'll use the underlying mesh for autoheight calculation.

If you don't want to call these objects or xrefs from the airport TSC file then you should override autoheigt for these objects and set height manually in the placement.

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Colin, do you have a solution to repair files, as mentioned above thanks!

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Here you go , This is the final version and will not be updated anymore. I have deleted the terminal models, and replaced with xref models .

Well done! AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS, AFS2 is evolving in all its splendor:thumbup::D

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Hola Brunno Bellic

This was Tomfa's question (yesterday):

Colin, do you have a solution to repair files, as mentioned above thanks!

The question was so unclear, that I assumed at first that it did not refer to LEST Airport. Then by this abbreviation "rwy" in your text, I figured it might be. I investigated the file, and it turned out to be the modified airport. Upon seeing it, I assure you that I disliked it.

And this displeasure, it is possible that you also suffer, when reading this comment of your work very well done, but as you can see, (and I am very sincere), I liked that architecture much more before and with those colors than the current one .

Those two buildings (terminals) that if not given the sun of the brakes, look very dark and sad, in the middle of the entire almost white surface of the airport, "radically changes the architectural beauty of the airport."

The former central building (terminal), with green windows and a green control tower above it, gave it a special beauty. This other one that replaces the previous one (very dark and without a control tower on top), is not at all elegant with that series of figures on top of the building itself. An apparently dark building in the middle of an almost white surface, they still darken the above mentioned building; The same thing happens to the other in the form of "Y".

I had asked you to put the main and secondary runways in a lighter color, but the rest of the airport surface was better, or as it was before, or a dark gray color. Everything, all white, is excessive.

And, the surface between and around the runways continues from a color to recently moved earth. I had asked you to turn that grass green.

Believe me Colin, it is not easy for me to send you this answer to your good work, but this is how I feel it, and I also feel that I must tell you.

It is so difficult for you to put the grass (between and around runways) green.

Do not consider this as negative criticism; I know you have worked hard, and I really appreciate it, but ... I am not entirely satisfied. It is not possible to dial the numbers on the rwy. with the previous terminals?

A detail that I liked a lot, is the movement of 3 trucks moving continuously in the airport. It is a detail that gives life to that structure.

For everything you have done, Santiago now has a very worthy airport, and we owe it to, Brunno Bellic.

Thank you very, very much. Kind regards: Delfin

• This decision to us xref models was because the models that was in had problems with Hight, and kept splitting apart. now if you want them back I will give you the files to put them in . I also have been looking for a better model for the terminals as I said before I was not happy with them .

As for the taxi way and rwy you asked to have them the same color as Asturias which they are .and for the grass between and around the rwy is got something to do with photo scenery nothing to do with me , as its just a rwy and taxi way tarmac. the rest for making the grass between and around the rwy is up to you to make photo scenery.

I am sorry for you not liking the results of my work but at the end of the day its down to people's tastes and I only have a small amount of time to work on scenery as I'm busy working .

I will get a package for you soon and will send you different versions of terminals and then you can pick which one you would have . as for then terminals I will look for them or I will us rendoc and get the google maps version and then you can see what you think.

Regards

Colin

• I am sorry for you not liking the results of my work but at the end of the day its down to people's tastes and I only have a small amount of time to work on scenery as I'm busy working .

Colin,

As for me, do not think above all that I do not like your work, on the contrary, you know very well elsewhere ...

You do an extraordinary job for the whole community, and I have always been very grateful to you!:thumbup:

The above review was specifically for IPACS, as there is always something wrong with it.

Now concerning LEAS Asturias, which you did so well some time ago already, at the very beginning everything worked perfectly, no crushing of objects in the ground, and since all these last updates with Steam and IPACS, a lot of things no longer work properly. It starts to get painful and tiring.

Juan and Antoine have explained the problems of errors related to objects very well, however I will still have to explain the reason why at the beginning everything worked normally, and now everything crashes ...

If I take another example that you have perfectly realized, SAMOS, there are no problems with the airport!

Why? Well, quite simply because there is no mesh.

So I think the real problem comes particularly from the mesh which is incompatible with your buildings or objects for Spain.

I have also told Thomas.

It is my opinion and tell me if I am wrong.

See you soon and no hard feelings;)

Pascal

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Hello pascal

I think your right about the mesh , it might be messing with the models , but as you said it can get a bit frustrating at times , and a big thank you to all that help here on the forum with giving ideas and solutions to fix problems . we all strive for the same goal to make scenery and bring it to the community .

All in all your right and iv got something for you to test and I think you will like it and may be you can give input to it to .;)

cheers

colin

• Hola Colin

You were telling me:

"I am sorry for you not liking the results of my work…". That statement is not true, I am VERY SATISFIED with your work; simply, you can not guess between various terminals that you present me, which one I like best. Neither you nor anyone else can. I like the first one that you have presented more, but surely there are others, that the second one spends more. You know: "about tastes ...".

And as Tomba has quite rightly said: "... AFS2 is evolving in all its splendo"

I want to install the 2 terminals that you have made initially, therefore, please send me the corresponding files. And about that airport with those 2 terminals that I want to reinstall, I ask you this (if it is not very difficult for you):

1º) .- that you put green the strip of surface existing between both rwy.

2º) .- I have not asked you (as I think you have understood), a large area around the rwy, but simply a strip of between 5 to 10 meters wide in total the outer perimeter of the rwy. The rest of the photographic landscape, I have not asked you, nor am I asking you now, but a narrow strip around the body formed by the 2 rwy, I think you can do it without excessive work. I'm wrong?.

If later (or when it suits you), you want to send me a package with different versions of terminals so that later I can choose the one I like the most, I would appreciate it,

I insist, Colin: I am very satisfied with your construction of this Airport, and that of Asturias, to which you have added something original: "those wind turbines" in constant movement, make it very original in that latitude. They wouldn't hurt either, a few to Santiago's.

What was said: CONGRATULATIONS !, for that work.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hello pascal

I think your right about the mesh , it might be messing with the models , but as you said it can get a bit frustrating at times , and a big thank you to all that help here on the forum with giving ideas and solutions to fix problems . we all strive for the same goal to make scenery and bring it to the community .

All in all your right and iv got something for you to test and I think you will like it and may be you can give input to it to .;)

cheers

colin

To get rid of issues like that this roof separating from the main building, a very efficient workaround is to set absolute height instead of relative to ground.

For that purpose you just set autoheight_override to 0 and object reference altitude AMSL in Z coordinates.

Code example below with an object called chelles 04, manually placed at 59.5m AMSL

Code
                <[tmsimulator_scenery_object][element][3]
                    <[string8][type][object]>
                    <[string8][geometry][chelles04]>
                    <[vector3_float64][position][2.606150 48.894043 59.5]>
                    <[float64][orientation][-103.96]>
                    <[int32][autoheight_override][0]>
                >

In order to define that Z coordinate, you just move the dev camera next to your object location in AFS2 and using CTRL+F1 keys you can read various stuff, including altitude in meters. Just report it as Z coordinate and you have a good start value. Fine tune as necessary.

This method has pros and cons :

+ 3D objects never spread into floating subobjects => all potential subobjects use the same height reference whatever the mesh

+ No risk of floating/sunk objects whenever the mesh is late to load (unlike autoheight)

- Works fine for a dedicated mesh, if you change for another mesh, you might need to fine tune the Z coordinate

My 2 cents

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Ricardoirgendwas: "Good morning, sorry if I break the boxes for the umpteenth time. I wanted to know when you release bella Italia, the Italian scenario bordering on Switzerland. Thanks . Good day ."

If you give me all your money - it will be faster.