Trouble Downloading Switzerland

• Hello,

I’ve been running aerofly 2019 and 2020 on my iPhone 8+ with the latest version of iOS. Both apps seem to work flawlessly, except for the fact that I cannot download the Switzerland region. This issue first came up on the 2019 app, but it eventually ended up downloading. However, it will not download on the 2020 version, no matter what I try to do. I delete and re-download the app, restart my phone, clear storage, but to no avail. I have around 10 gigabytes of storage, but it always seem to stop downloading at around 80%, stays there for five or so minutes, and then crashes the app. Any help?

• I remember having similiar issues with the Switzerland download. I also tried several times and it seems to have stopped at 80%. But at one point, when I got frustrated again and went back to the regions screen, it said "installed", although it never reached the 100%.

Maybe you can try to go back from the downloading screen after it reached 80% for a short while and before it crashes? Make sure you don't do anything else when downloading (in case you did). In the end, it worked with me. Using an iPad pro 10.5.

Good luck!

Patrick

• Hi.

Settings > Luminosity and display > Auto lock > Never.

You download Switzerland.

And you go back to settings to set your initially auto lock duration.

Hope it helps, and take care.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Try to get empty storage of the current app size plus the add on size, I think you need to get a lot of apps and data off your phone, you can put it back once you get Switzerland in.

You will save time by getting your free storage way up. Good luck.

You need to clear cache and temporary files to get your nominal free storage, One trick with iOS is to record a huge high resolution video, that will make the phone dump rubbish. Fill the storage right up then delete the videos.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (May 12, 2020 at 3:20 PM).

• Hello,

I’ve been running aerofly 2019 and 2020 on my iPhone 8+ with the latest version of iOS. Both apps seem to work flawlessly, except for the fact that I cannot download the Switzerland region. This issue first came up on the 2019 app, but it eventually ended up downloading. However, it will not download on the 2020 version, no matter what I try to do. I delete and re-download the app, restart my phone, clear storage, but to no avail. I have around 10 gigabytes of storage, but it always seem to stop downloading at around 80%, stays there for five or so minutes, and then crashes the app. Any help?

I experienced this issue. I just pushed restore purchases on that screen and it will download. As the previous person noted above, It wasn’t giving any indication but then all of a sudden I exit app and came back in and it says installed. You just need to wait.

• I also had this problem where it stops downloading at 80%. However, if you just wait a little longer the map gets downloaded. It seems that after the 80% it doesn’t show the percentage but continues to download