• Have flown Aerofly FS 2 for long tim on my monitor, but today i just bough a used ACER Mixed Reality Headset with Controllers, got it to a good price and i know ther is better headsets out there, but just to try real VR...Must admire tha i'm impressed over AFS 2 in VR thats for me WOW WOW and it's runs smooth and i don't have a new modern PC only a old Core i7 3770 - 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz - GTX 1070 8 GB and it's run very welll, so am a bit amazed....

Have also X-Plane 11 Beta (vulkan) runs also very well, with no stutter....

How do you fly, with joystick,yoke or are you just using the VR controllers to fly ?

Sincely Jesper

PC Hardware Specs
    -MSI Tomahawk MAX II
    -AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    -32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    -AMD RX6600XT 8 GB
    -1xSSD 250 GB Boot
    -1x3 TB Data 7200 RPM
    -1X3 TB Games 7200 RPM
    -1x3 TB X-Plane 7200 RPM
    -31.5" 165 Hz 1080P Gaming Monitor
    -Logitech Stereo Speaker

• Official Post

Well you can use pretty much anything to fly with.

Using our VR Hands would be the most realistic but many users also like to feel a real yoke in their hands to get the most immersive feeling. The ladder is a bit tough unless you have a yoke with many buttons that you can assign.

If you aren't using motion control (VR Hands), then you can just go for a traditional Xbox controller that works very well in Aerofly FS2.

So, you see, it's pretty much your preference here :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I had the ACER headset before the Reverb, actually it was my entry into VR as well, and it obviously worked well enough to convince me to stay with VR and buy the Reverb later.

I never made friends with the controllers, though, neither ACER nor HP. I use Yoke, Pedals, TrimWheel and TMP in hardware. After getting used to it I find throttle & Co,. blindly. All other controls (knobs, levers, dials) are done via mouse in the virtual cockpit.

I wouldn't say I am very pleased with this, but it's probably the least worse solution those days. Given I have a neat hardware panel I fly 50:50 Screen/VR now. However, I use VR nearly exclusively for AeroflyFS2 because of its superior performance and VR usability.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• How do you fly, with joystick,yoke or are you just using the VR controllers to fly ?

I only fly VR and I use a yoke, rudder pedals, throttle quadrant, button box, trim wheel. It's easy enough to get used to the locations of your real world controls even when you can't see them.

The virtual hands are nice in Aerofly, but one issue is that you sometimes can't manipulate some aircraft controls because your real, physical yoke or throttle quadrant is where the VR controller needs to be. I'd love to be able to switch from hands to a laser pointer for those instances. I now just use a keyboard with a trackpad for those problem areas.

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly

• I think that i just stick with my Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS, have tried to use the controllers, but feel better with Joystick an Throttle !

Sincely Jesper

PC Hardware Specs
    -MSI Tomahawk MAX II
    -AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    -32 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz
    -AMD RX6600XT 8 GB
    -1xSSD 250 GB Boot
    -1x3 TB Data 7200 RPM
    -1X3 TB Games 7200 RPM
    -1x3 TB X-Plane 7200 RPM
    -31.5" 165 Hz 1080P Gaming Monitor
    -Logitech Stereo Speaker