Clouds patterns change in discrete steps

• I'm an ex GA licensed pilot, new to FS2, and really enjoying it. Congratulations to the dev team on a fine sim!

I get 40+ fps on ULTRA graphics despite my low end MX150 graphics card. However, I notice that the cloud formation changes significantly in a discrete step every couple of minutes, rather than changing gradually. It is almost as though the cloud positions are only recomputed every couple of minutes, resulting in quite a significant change that is visually quite jarring.

Is there any setting or config file change that I can make so the cloud positions are recomputed more often and change less suddenly?

Thanks

Andrew

• Official Post

This is a limitation of the library that we use. We have many issues with these clouds and we will create our own cloud system at some point. But as you can imagine this will take quite a lot of time.

The clouds are updated constantly and if you increase the wind speed they move as well. I'm not sure why they sometimes jump but it's in the same instant that the reflection also is updated. There is no configuration file for this.

Regards,

Jan

• This is a limitation of the library that we use. We have many issues with these clouds and we will create our own cloud system at some point. But as you can imagine this will take quite a lot of time.

You guys could spend 3 years creating a weather library on its own!

Why not look at integrating trueSky, the library used in the new P3D 5? https://simul.co

AeroScenery - Easily create photoreal scenery for Aerofly