Standalone version crash

• Hi,

I have both version of aerofly. When we like...

the standalone crash in VR (index, gtx980ti) after several seconds, on the defaut airport San Martin of the fresh install, without any addons installed and fresh aeroflyfs Folder in home directory (I didn’t test other airport or non VR mode yet).

SteamVR doesn’t crash, it’s only aerofly.

On the same PC with the same Aeroflyfs folder in mydocument directory. The steam version of aerofly doesn’t crash.

That was with last version available for each version the 22 mai 2020 at 11h pm Utc 0

Standalone : 2.04.09.25

Steam : 2.04.09.31

Win10

Nvidia driver : 445.87

OpenGL mode

Regards,

JP

• OK, so you have two versions of Aerofly FS 2 installed on the same PC, Steam and DVD/direct download version?

They will likely write to the same user documents Aerofly FS 2 main configuration file and if either of them has a newer update this could cause issues on the other installation.

What happens when you delete the main.mcf file (see https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/simulator:mcf) and then launch the stand alone version in 2D, non VR. Does that work on its own? And when you then connect the headset and launch the stand alone VR version: what does the tm.log show you after the crash. Can you please upload that tm.log file (see https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/simulator:log) (as a .zip or as .txt) so we can have a look what goes wrong and where it crashes? Thanks.

• Thanks for quick anwsering

OK, so you have two versions of Aerofly FS 2 installed on the same PC, Steam and DVD/direct download version?

They will likely write to the same user documents Aerofly FS 2 main configuration file and if either of them has a newer update this could cause issues on the other installation.

Yes, but Standalone version crashes before any start of the Steam version.Just before to launch standalone version installation, I renamed the AeroflyFS directory into AeroflyFS.Steam, so Standalone crashed with its own AeroflyFS directory created by the install process and the two consecutives updates and without any pollution of the steam version.

I will catch the tm.log asap...

One precision, I have my oculus driver installed too, but not connected. Aerofly Standalone Version starts first Oculus and then SteamVR. Aerofly Steam version doesn't do that since we can choice the VR fronted at startup.

Is it any way to force the VR frontend of the standalone version with some argument like -othervr ?

Here is the tm.log just after a crash always same default airport and airplane (San Martin, Cessna 172...)

idem after deleting the main.mcf

Hum, when I don't close the oculus window, it seems to work better. Is there anyway to force Aerofly to use directly SteamVR and ignore libOVR even if oculus and/or oculus revive are installed ?

Hum I tried to replace -othervr with -steamvr option and it's seem to do the job...

• The oculus window has to stay in the background as far as I know.

If you remove the "-othervr" it should use the steamvr. I don't think the start tag "-steamvr" is recognized, it may just ignore that and work as if you had no tag at all.

Give us some time to try and reproduce this issue.

From what I understand it is working for you now when you leave the oculus window open or when you start with steam vr?

• The oculus window has to stay in the background as far as I know.

If you remove the "-othervr" it should use the steamvr. I don't think the start tag "-steamvr" is recognized, it may just ignore that and work as if you had no tag at all.

Give us some time to try and reproduce this issue.

From what I understand it is working for you now when you leave the oculus window open or when you start with steam vr?

I tried steamvr since I thought that if -othervr exist, -vr or -steamvr should exist too

-steamvr is recognized, since without, aerofly standalone version start without any VR engaged.

-othervr is for oculus, so it's probably why it starts oculus first and switch after to steamvr since occulus is not connected

Thanks for your help