Taburet Norway Mesh

• I just started using the Taburet Norway mesh. It is great, but in some areas the mesh doesn't manifest until you are almost right over an area. Instead you see a large flat square area bounded by vertical walls. Is this a function of FS2 having problems with high latitudes, or is there a fix?

• yea

i know - try many different options to fix that problem; nothing was working

aerofly for some reason seem unable to load the lower mesh lod files into the sim above North 60 ; only display the higher lod creating voids; although the files are there.

talk to ipacs !! :saint:

• Hi Greytop.

I use Scandinavia freeware mesh (19m) made by Taburet. It works just fine - except for the joint between Scandinavia West and Scandinavia East. Do you see problems with the terrain (mesh) elsewhere?

https://flight-sim.org/index.php?atta…n-coverage-jpg/

Hi Hartman,

Thanks for your reply.

Good to hear that you are not experiencing the same problems. I have tried both Taburet's 19m mesh and the 10m mesh. The issue appears to be the same with both for me. I see the large flat valleys all around North west of Gardermoen (see attached images).

Custom built system: Jonsbo W2 ATX; ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F; Intel Core i9-9900K@4.9 GHz (NH-D14 cooled); 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz; NVIDIA GTX3080TI 12GB; StarTech 4 Port USB 3.0 PCIe; Oculus Rift S; SideWinder Force Feedback 2; Windows 10 Professional.

• Strange. As a test, you can try to deactivate Scandinavia East mesh (and Augustin Winther 10M MESH). Use only Scandinavia West mesh (19m) made by Taburet (Scandi_2).

Do you get the same error then?

To deactivate the folder "scandi_1" (Scandinavia East mesh) - insert 2 underscores in front of the folder name:

__scandi_1

Thanks again Hartman,

I tried your suggestion and unfortunately I get the same result as before.

This also happens for me with either mesh (10 or 19m). Looking to it further it seems that in this particular area of Norway an area around the aircraft only is loaded with the mesh and terrain mesh detail further out to the front, sides displays as a flat area then further still you see the high cliffs where after the correct mesh is displayed.

This is most odd and unfortunately an absolute emersion killer, what a shame, especially when it occurs where your fantastic scenery work is displayed :(

Edit: Further investigation tonight, it seems to be related to the 60 degree north latitude. It happens around this latitude, then a bit further north the issue seems to mostly disappear (or at least decline) to the point that it's not so obvious.

Custom built system: Jonsbo W2 ATX; ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F; Intel Core i9-9900K@4.9 GHz (NH-D14 cooled); 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz; NVIDIA GTX3080TI 12GB; StarTech 4 Port USB 3.0 PCIe; Oculus Rift S; SideWinder Force Feedback 2; Windows 10 Professional.

Edited 2 times, last by Greytop (January 14, 2021 at 11:13 PM).

• yea

it look like a lod loading issue; lower lod can not show for some reasons - around the n60 regions

Yes I agree, that is what I seem to be experiencing.

• I have the same mesh issues. Bad loading just north of 60 degree. But also very bad between Tromsø and Bardufoss and east of this area. Using Taburet's mesh.

Yes this seems to follow the pattern I am seeing.

It would great if IPACS could look at this issue.

I know we using a third party mesh but importantly this issue happens with both the 10 and the 19m mesh which points to either a similar or identical problem with both or an issue with how Aerofly FS 2 is loading the mesh in theses areas. When you arrive very close to these flat valleys they do suddenly pop up almost literally in front of your direction of travel. This is a real shame with such a wonderful scenery to experience thanks to Hartman's hard work.

Edited once, last by Greytop: typo (January 16, 2021 at 3:44 PM).

• I have checked the same area on my PC - and am experiencing the same error. I have not changed anything.

The reason must therefore be due to an update from IPACS. :!:

EDIT: When I go out of Beta - mesh works ok on my PC.

I'm not using the Beta version, if you give me the coordinates please, I will check my system, kindest regards, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Thanks for checking Hartman and Michael :thumbup:

If it helps I am running v2050309b and witnessing this strange mesh behaviour.

If I update to v2050323 I have experienced multiple CTD close to some UK airports so I am currently staying with v2050309b.

Edited once, last by Greytop: typo (January 17, 2021 at 7:47 PM).

• Flying over this area is working OK in my DVD version not updated to the latest beta version.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for checking.

Which version are you running, is it v2050309b or v2050323?