An explosion on news in the VR marketspace in the last few days. I'll try to post anything that seems interesting.
More excited about the HP Reverb G2.. announcing today 9am pacific hopefully
Highlights of Reverb G2
- Sharper display: Same res but Valve lenses and higher contrast LCD panels
- Manual IPD adjustment
- Thinner cable - G1 very bulky
- 4 cameras for inside out tracking
- Different head strap
- Not clear if it is more comfortable if the G1 presses on your nose like it does for me
- Same FOV - I heard earlier it was higher
- Those great Valve headphones/speakers - just wish FS2 audio was better to appreciate it
For a next gen I would have liked higher FOV, so it doesn't seem worth a switch from G1 to G2, but it does make the Reverb a much more compelling proposition. Hopefully it will add some momentum to the Windows Mixed reality platform so they keep improving it.