• First off I just want to say how much I enjoy this sim. I fly VR on many different platforms but nothing compares to Aerofly. The quality is unmatched in my humble opinion. I would love to see a fully functioning P40 Warhawk get brought into the mix. Also some rain effects and a Seattle map are on my wish list. Thanks for an amazing sim and keep up the great work.

• Is this the same Spitfire that was being developed by Matt

Brewster B339 Buffalo and Spitfire Mk1a Project

If so, the reason given was the problems caused by the undercarriage axis and not being able to visualise them. The very same reason I suspended work on the CH53E, though in my case, not being able to visualise the rotor blade axis.

There is a tool that can assist with this but it's not available to the public..:rolleyes:

:?:

• Official Post

You don't have to visualize the axis to get them working. We've build hundreds of aircraft for the Aerofly RC series without any tool that visualized the axes and all of the Aerofly FS 2 aircraft gears were set up before our internal tool was available... And I made the landing gear work in both the B339 and Spitfire if I remember correctly. So that was not the reason these projects were stopped.

• That isn't quite correct Jan. You did indeed get the undercarriage working on the B339 for me and I'm very grateful for it since I do at least get some pleasure for my own efforts flying it in SIM. But You didn't do the Spitfire Mk1 I'm afraid. It was wasting so much time on trial and error and getting nowhere with that, that did it for me as far as developing for AF2. I had intended to build both models into payware standard models with a VC but that's not going to happen now. I think until tools to make animation and basic TMD set ups are available for all users, there is always going to be very limited 3rd party development for this SIM. I don't know what happened to the guy from flying Iron and his Spitfire MK9... he seemed to have got his undercarriage working and things looked pretty advanced... great shame.

AF2 is my favourite of the currently available flight SIMs but it is the choice to fly almost anything any where that keeps me going back to FSX and to a lesser degree these days XP11. AF2 would have had more enduring appeal to me if they had even developed more in house payware aircraft addons. What they have is superb, but its the almost endless variety that I miss in comparison to the others.

With regard to my models I decided some time ago that if the P38 pilot could be added to the Spitfire and the Corsair Pilot to the Buffalo B339, and the Spitfire flight model completed, then I would be happy to give them to the AF2 community to enjoy as freeware without VC models. No pilot... no go as far as I'm concerned... hate to see an empty office. If your prepared to do the work Jan (as you pretty much seem to be the only one who really knows what they're doing:)) you'd be most welcome but I'm afraid I'm not willing to waste anymore time on it...life's too short.

Matt

• Yep, it definitely needs more variety. I know "new stuff is in development", but in the meantime, I keep drifting back to other sims for the same reasons, e.g. the variety. Also, being able to go anywhere in the world with at least half-decent scenery. I still love AF2, but there's lots of temptations elsewhere at the moment :)

• Official Post

But You didn't do the Spitfire Mk1 I'm afraid. [...]

I don't know what happened to the guy from flying Iron and his Spitfire MK9... he seemed to have got his undercarriage working and things looked pretty advanced... [...]

Ah I may have confused the two spitfire projects. I did it for the first one I think it was for LionHeart? Not sure anymore.