The art of cultivation

• I was looking forward to the cultivation of North West Spain by UZOJUB.

It arrived, I installed it and flying over the Santiago airport (LEST), the first thing that surprised me was the vegetation, nothing to do with the real vegetation!, Which places you in an unknown place (something we DO NOT want) .

I continued flying towards Santiago city. As I was getting closer ... I thought I had made a wrong turn; what he saw was not Santiago. I continued until I saw it completely.

This was not Santiago, this was a messy and chaotic agglomeration of completely new buildings. In a certain area, they were all united forming a grotesque structure. It is not possible to create something so horrible on this city!

I looked at the city from various angles trying to see it with good eyes, to find some resemblance to reality, but the more I observed it, the more horrible it was. This creation is absolutely unacceptable!

Then, I flew to another city 60 km away: La Coruña, but ... the same transformation. Well, that is not a transformation, it is a city that has nothing to do with the real one.

This cultivation of an area that I know well produced such a negative emotional effect on me that 24 hours later I decided to remove it from my Sim

So I asked myself the damage that this tool would produce on important and famous cities such as: Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Paris, Berlin, also on the city "Dresden" by the artist schnuffelduffel (Marco), and ... on Manhattan?

Please IZOJUB (Michael), don't you think of taking this as negative criticism towards you. I have a high concept of you, but with absolute frankness, that tool that creates that uniform vegetation and that destruction of cities, that aberrant architecture, I think it should not be used, especially in cities, much less in famous cities that we have on this planet. I know it's a game, but in this game, we all aspire to a great resemblance to the real world, and that tool destroys the real world.

Of course, this is just my point of view; you are very free to do as you please.

Kind rgards: Delfin

• So Delfin, what exactly do you expect from IZ0JUB?

That he generates every historic city building by constructing it with a 3D program, just like the original?

And this as hobbyist free of charge??

I think Michael makes a good job by cultivating wide areas of the landscape with autogen.

Of cause there are limits wih this technology in very specialized cities, as Venice or Rome, but this is what hobbyists can do.

You sound very negative, the way you wrote it. Michael does not deserve it!

Cheers, Thomas

Edited once, last by TomSimMuc (June 7, 2020 at 12:04 PM).

• Hi Delfin. I'm sure (I hope) you mean well by your messages, but please understand that even though you said "Please IZOJUB (Michael), don't you think of taking this as negative criticism towards you." perhaps only 1 in a 100 people would read your message this way.

It does come across very negatively and I would venture that it will be poorly received by someone who has spent hundreds of hours making very good free scenery for the community using the best tools that amateurs have available.

If you don't want him to make any more then I think your message will be effective. If you would like him to make some more, as the rest of us would, then please explore some different ways of packaging your feedback.

• Before we all start to kick Delfin take a good look at the pic shown, it does look pretty awful.

This is not due to the excellent work by Michael, we all respect and thank him for what he does, the fault lies with the buildings themselves. Now I'm not a scenery builder anymore or FS2 flyer for that matter. to busy developing to fly, but we do seem to have a common set of building textures that are supposed to fit in anywhere. We need texture sets that are more in line with the area they are meant to represent. As with all sims they look like lego buildings scattered around and are far too bright. Roofs and walls all age very quickly yet the above image looks like the city was built yesterday.

In my mind, Delfin wasn't criticising Michael, he was pointing out the obvious flaw in all flight sims..Auto scene gen buildings just don't look good everywhere

Steve

• Hi to everyone and thank you for all your comments.

Firstly looking at "Delfin" picture of the scenery and cultivation it bares no resemblance to my offerings of amateur cultivation.

Delfin Cultivation Area

IZ0JUB Cultivation Area

The cultivation around the airport is not of my doing as I purposely avoided this area not to cause overlap problems.

Airport Cultivation by Brunnabellic

With regard to all my cultivation efforts its solely based on the FREE software "ScenProc" courtesy of Arno Gerretsen and available OSM Data. The final work is dependant on the limitations of the building textures and yes I agree they do look like lego blocks but that's what I'm stuck with unless other more advanced building textures are freely available which I know nothing about?

Kindest regards to all, Michael.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• CLARIFYING IDEAS AND CONCEPTS; I PLEASE TRANSLATION FROM SPANISH TO YOUR RESPECTIVE LANGUAGES, I BELIEVE THAT THIS COMMUNICATION IS IMPORTANT

Hola caballeros voladores

Estoy muy cansado de traducir del español al inglés (y veceversa), y no ser por la enorme ayuda de Google, las comunicaciones que mantenemos con el Foro, sencillamente serían imposibles.

Debido a esas traducciones, a veces hay malos entendidos, (Google, todavía es un niño, y aunque un niño muy inteligente, le queda bastante que aprender, especialmente en las sutilezas de las lenguas, pero cada paso lo hace mejor). Bien, pues esta vez, a cada uno de "habla NO hispana", le ruego traducir esta comunicación a su propia lengua. Puede que así existan menos errores de traducción y nos entendamos mejor; ya me lo direis con vuestras respuestas.

Suponía que este hilo podría causar controversia, pese a todo, decidí hacerlo. Yo asumiré las consecuencias de la controversia. Cuando algo es importante (y el tema del cultivo en nuestro hoby del vuelo, lo es), debe ser expuesto a la comunidad (en beneficio de la comunidad). Este es mi punto de vista, y es lo que hice en benefico de la comunidad. ¿Que quiero decir?, exctamente lo siguinte:

Yo amo profundamente es Arofly FS 1 y FS 2. Los amo porque su resolución es francamente buena; los escenerios son todo lo buenos que la tecnología permite, y...aprecio profundamente a todos los miembros de este Foro, y muy, muy especilamente, a los que tuvieron comunicación conmigo, siempre por problemas que he planteado al Foro y que siempre fueron solucionados. He encontrado aquí una disciplina y una colaboración con los usuarios absolutamente sobresaliente. ¡ Imposible de susperar !.

Si he expuesto a la comunidad este punto de vista, es porque me soprendió enormemente el destrozo aquitectónico de Santiago. Eso mismo sucederá sometiendo a cualquier ciudad a ese proceso de cultivo. Por lo tanto, lo que dije, vuelvo a decirlo: No se deben someter a ciudades al cultivo, con esa herramienta porque las destroza. "Se supone que cuando recurrimos al cultivo de escenarios, es para mejorar lo ya existente, NO para empeorarlo!". ¿ Estamos de acuerdo en esto?.

Para aquellos que no acepten esta afirmación, nada mas tengo que decir. Simplemente, no tergiverseis mi mensaje.

Literalmente me dice TomSimMuc (Thomas):

"So Delfin, what exactly do you expect from IZ0JUB?

That he generates every historic city building by constructing it with a 3D program, just like the original?

And this as hobbyist free of charge??"

No Thomas, Yo no he dicho eso, ni aspiro a eso. Por qué cuando se defiende algo, alguna postura personal, profesional, etc. siempre se tergiversan los hechos, las palabras. Hay que ser mas riguroso y menos vehementes cuando se esponen los hechos.

Yo he dicho que desde mi punto de vista, esa herramienta no se debería emplear cultivando ciudades. ¡NADA MAS!. Y eso es solo mi punto de vista, que tu, o el cien por cien de los usuarios de este Foro, podeis estar en contra de mi punto de vista. Si fuera así, te aseguro que lo aceptaría. Estais en vuestro derecho, y en uso de vuestra libertad, podeis hacerlo. Esto es solo un problema de "sensibilidad visual". ¿Si os gustan esas ciudades cultivadas?, adelante, y... ¡ a disfrutarlas !.

Además, el autor de esos cultivos, no tienen la culpa; ellos cultivan lo que la comunidad les demanda, con un enorme mérito: una enorme cantidad de trabajo sin retribución alguna. Para todos los que nos ofrecen cultivos, aviones, helicpteros, etc. mi profundo agradecimiento. Y...repito: no tergiverseis mi mensaje.

Porque exceto uno (Larrylins Steve), todos los demás, me culpais de ser injusto con IZOJUB. Creo haber aclarado esto, en mi anterior comunicación.

A propósito, dice literalmente IZOJUB:

"Hi to everyone and thank you for all your comments.

Firstly looking at "Delfin" picture of the scenery and cultivation it bares no resemblance to my offerings of amateur cultivation."

¿De verdad , eres capaz de creer que la imagen expuesta no pertenece a Santiago y es obra tuya?.

En ese caso, te envío esta otra que supera la anterior. Espero que esta, aumente tu confianza en lo que yo digo y hago.  Si todavía tiene mas dudas, puedo enviarte toda una colección desde varios ángulos de la ciudad, pero supongo que eso, solo agrabará esta situación, y no deseo crear mas controversia. Mi pretensión era exponer lo ya hecho, y no deseo insistir en algo tan simple.

Ten en cuenta que yo conozco esta ciudad infinitamente mejor que tu, quizás por eso, no me agradó ese cultivo de mi ciudad. Yo he calificado el trabajo producido por la herramienta, NO, el trabajo y el sacrificio llevado a cabo por ti, Michael. El trabajo, la entrega y la enorme cantidad de horas dedicadas a esa comunidad (que es tambien mi comunidad), tienen toda mi admiración y agradeccicmiento.

Y por último, lo que afirma Spit40 (Phil) : 3 apartados. Respondo intercalando mis 3 contastaciones:

Hi Delfin. I'm sure (I hope) you mean well by your messages, but please understand that even though you said "Please IZOJUB (Michael), don't you think of taking this as negative criticism towards you." perhaps only 1 in a 100 people would read your message this way.

Puede ser, pero si así fuera, es que esas personas tienen poca capacidad analítica, y sobre todo, poca sensibilidad visual. Puede que con esta imagen que envío, lo vean más claramente.

It does come across very negatively and I would venture that it will be poorly received by someone who has spent hundreds of hours making very good free scenery for the community using the best tools that amateurs have available.

Pues NO debe verse muy negativamente, salvo en personas poco reflexivas. Y, suponía que a su autor, no le gustaría mi comentario, también por falta de reflexión. No me cansa de repetirlo:¿ por qué las personas tergiversamos tanto las cosas, los hechos?

If you don't want him to make any more then I think your message will be effective. If you would like him to make some more, as the rest of us would, then please explore some different ways of packaging your feedback.

Yo no tengo ningún especial interés en que mi mensaje sea ó nó efectivo. Sencillamente he escrito, que y bajo mi exclusivo punto de vista, esa herramienta no debería utilizarse para hacer cultivation de ciudades, especialmente , ciudades importante o famosas. Te ruego veas con atención visual la última imagen enviada al Foro, y dime: ¿ Crees de verdad, con sinceridad, que debe utilizarse esa herramienta para hacer esa creación (obra de arte arquitectónica?).

Añado lo siguiente: Me pregunto que opinarían los aficionados a este juego (vuelo), los ciudadanos de Paris, de Londres, de Roma, de Berlín, de...Manhattan, después de contemplar sus ciudades sometidas al proceso de cultivo= cultivation?. Naturalmente: mientras contemplaban sus ciudades destrozadas. ¿Qué opinión tiene el artista de Dresden, schnuffelduffel (Marco)?.

A todos los que habeis expresado vuestra opinión sobre este hilo, creo que debeis reflexionar un poco más. Parece que únicamente un notable miembro de este Foro, y debido a su sensibilidad visual y capacidad analítica, ha entendido correctamente mi mensaje. Gracias Larrylyns, gracias Steve, por ver y decir la verdad. Hombres como tu, honran y dan prestigio a esta comunidad.

Bien, Michael (IZOJUB), espero que quedes convencido de lo que aquí expongo. Yo no hice acusación alguna contra ti, quiero, deseo profundamente, que esto te quede muy claro. Tu haces una gran labor a esta comunicad; me fastidia repetir esto tantas veces, pero bajo ninguna circunstancia, quiero que quede en ti el mínimo resentimiento hacia mi, de que hice algo injusto contigo.

Tu utilizas las herramientas de las que dispones: esa herramienta hace su trabajo, en circunstancias especiales (ciudades), lo hace mal (desde mi punto de vista); tu NO eres el responsable. La comunidad sin reflexionar demasiado acepta eso, y tu les complaces con cientos de horas de dedicación. Nada más honroso que tu entrega en complacer a la comunidad. No se puede pedir más. Creo que puedo añadir algo más: "tu entregas demasiado esfuerzo a esta comunidad", y...no eres el único.

De mi parte, para ti, y a todos los socios, un muy cordial saludo: Delfín

Edited once, last by delfinpm (June 9, 2020 at 11:39 AM).

• So I asked myself the damage that this tool would produce on important and famous cities such as: Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Paris, Berlin, also on the city "Dresden" by the artist schnuffelduffel (Marco), and ... on Manhattan?

Hola Delfin,

( for all: please use your Translator! )

Zuerst: Ich bin froh und dankbar über jeden, der 3D-Cultivation erstellt und anbietet. Egal, ob hoch komplex oder auf die schnelle Weise.

Es gibt zwei Möglichkeiten, 3D-Cultivation zu erstellen: Einmal das erwähnte, automatische Verfahren mit ScenProc ( welches ich auch nutze ) und dann das erstellen eigener, selbstgebauter 3D-Modelle oder das einbauen von fertigen 3D-Modellen ( z.B. 3D-Warehouse ).

Nicht jeder kann 3D-Modelling oder ist ein 3D-Künstler; wir haben aber die Möglichkeit, grobe Fehler in automatisch erstellter 3D-Cultivation ( ScenProc ) mit einem Editor ( wenn man die Zeit und Lust hat! ) zu korrigieren.

Man kann damit falsche Gebäude löschen oder korrigieren, Vegetation hinzufügen oder löschen, Lichter bearbeiten oder setzen usw.

Darum wollte ich an einigen kleinen Beispielen zeigen, wie ich das mache.

Es ist mir NICHT MÖGLICH jedes einzelne Haus 1:1 in 3D original nachzubauen! Wie viele Häuser hat eine Stadt wie Dresden oder Düsseldorf? 100000 ? So alt werde ich nicht!

Darum muss man mit Kompromissen arbeiten.

Den Hauptteil erstelle ich auch mit ScenProc - ich korrigiere aber die ScenProc-3D-Cultivation mit oben erwähntem Editor und baue nur die wichtigsten Gebäude der Stadt nach, damit man diese Städte auch wiedererkennt.

Hier ein kleines Beispiel für Düsseldorf, das "Dreischeibenhaus":

Original:

Und hier die Korrektur der scenProc-Cultivation: Da habe ich das "Dreischeibenhaus" nur allein mit dem Editor nachgebaut:

So etwas kann jeder machen, der 3D-Cultivation mit scenProc erstellt und die Stadt und ihre Häuser kennt und am besten da auch wohnt!

Ein weiteres kleines Beispiel ist die "Waldschlößchenbrücke" in Dresden.

Dazu gibt es eine Geschichte:

Es gab viel Streit beim Neubau dieser Brücke, weil da angeblich eine Fledermaus (!) wohnt, die das nicht so toll findet, wenn da jetzt ein Brücke ist. ( Ja, Du hast richtig gelesen! ) Normalerweise wohnen Fledermäuse ja unter Brücken, aber egal...

Weiter:

Die Brücke wurde gebaut und es gab die nächsten Bedenken, man wolle keine Straßenlaternen aufstellen - die Fledermaus könnte sich über das Licht erschrecken. Darum einigte man sich auf den Kompromiss, die Beleuchtung in das Brückengeländer einzubauen - und jetzt ist es der hellste Platz in der Stadt! :D:D:D

:D:D:D Wenn die Geschichte so stimmt.... :D:D:D

Egal..... Ich habe in meiner Dresden-Scenery es mir nicht nehmen lassen, diese Brücke mit dem Editor von ScenProc etwas "anzudeuten": ^^

Ich glaube, das sind über 500 Lichter, die ich mit dem Editor per Hand gesetzt habe.

Also, ich fasse zusammen:

Auch ich arbeite mit ScenProc - ich mache mir aber die Mühe, mit Editor und eigenen Modellen die Städte zu überarbeiten. Es kostet nur alles sehr viel Zeit und ich bin kein Rentner oder arbeitslos - ich bin berufstätig ( selbständig )!

Ich hoffe, das hat alle Deine Fragen beantwortet.

:)

• Ich hoffe, das hat alle Deine Fragen beantwortet.

:)

Hola Marcos, Hola, users of this Forum

"This post I have already translated into English; but to those of the "non-English language", please do the translation of the version" in Spanish "that continues at the end; thus, the text will only undergo a translation and consequently will have less translation errors (this will be a more correct message). I have observed that with double translation, considerable errors are made. "

Of course, and with much greater breadth and depth, than I expected. Congratulations and I am deeply grateful for this creative effort. Your post has been very timely in this thread and in the current circumstances.

Yes, Schnuffelduffel, yes, Marcos, I consider your broad and convincing answer to be very necessary and useful. I look with disappointment, a kind of fear, of ... subordination, of fear of expressing the truth about this complex process of cultivation. Complex and very difficult. Wouldn't it be better to do less cultivation and higher quality? And this idea, does Schnuffelduffel offer me with his wide answer? I observe an enormous rush in this Forum, in cultivation of this entire planet, a large number of areas transformed with terrible quality. And from what Marco showed with his wide response, it is possible to do quality. You can make very good quality, but less quantity. And ... I ... prefer it! , You dont?

Yes, I see that users are afraid to express "their truth" about the cultivation process. Many of the users of this Forum have much more knowledge than I do of the cultivation process and the programs that generate that process ("ScenProc"). They have seen the result of that process, and it is not acceptable. I am sure that they think the same as me: it is not acceptable! So why don't they write it? . But they must do so with serious, analytical, meticulous criticism, being convinced that they are right, and in this case, criticism must be directed at the process of cultivation and cultivation itself, and NOT at its author.

However, my experience in this Forum has not been like this: they launched themselves at me, accusing me without reason that I was accusing IZOJUB. Do you understand how easy it is to be wrong without having previously reflected on what is done?

And those who do cultivation or any other process: planes, helicopters, etc. I encourage you to endure criticism; most of the time, they are without foundation and without reason. They are only NOT criticized, those who never did anything!

And I must add (and I add): the things that are not well done, we must criticize them; otherwise, they will never improve.

Kind regards: Delfin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hola Marcos, hola usuarios de este Foro

" Este post ya lo he traducido al inglés; pero a los de lengua "no inglesa", les ruego hagan la traducción de la versión "en español" que continúa al final; así el texto, solo sufrirá una traducción y en consecuencia tendrá menos errores de traducción (será un mensaje más correcto). He observado que con doble traducción, se cometen considerables errores."

Ich hoffe, das hat alle Deine Fragen beantwortet

Desde luego, y con mucha mayor amplitud y profundidad ,de lo que yo esperaba. Enhorabuena y te quedo profundamente agradecido por este esfuerzo creativo. Tu post ha sido muy oportuno en este hilo y en las actuales circunstancias.

Si ,Schnuffelduffel, si, Marcos, considero muy necesaria y útil, tu amplia y convincente respuesta. Observo con decepción, una especie de temor, de...subordinación, de miedo a expresar la verdad sobre este complejo proceso de cultivation. Complejo y muy difícil. ¿No sería mejor hacer menor cantidad de cultivation y mayor calidad ?. Y esta idea, me la ofrece Schnuffelduffel con su amplia respuesta ?. Observo una enorme prisa en este Foro, en hacer cultivation de todo este planeta, gran cantidad áreas transformadas con pésima calidad. Y por lo que demostró con su amplia respuesta Marco, es posible hacer calidad. Se puede hacer muy buena calidad, pero menos cantidad. ¡ Y...yo ...lo prefiero!. ¿Vosotros... no?

Si, veo que los usuarios, tienen temor a expresar "su verdad" sobre el proceso de cultivation. Buena parte de los usuarios de este Foro, tienen mucho más conocimiento que yo, del proceso de cultivation y los programa que generan ese proceso ("ScenProc"). Ellos han visto el resultado de ese proceso, y no s aceptable. Estoy seguro, que ellos piensan lo mismo que yo: ¡ no es aceptable!. Entonces , ¿por qué no lo escriben? . Pero deben hacerlo con una crítica seria, analítica, meticulosa, estando convencidos de que tienen razón, y en este caso, la crítica debe ir dirigida al proceso de cultivation y cultivation en si, y NO, a su autor.

Sin embargo la experiencia mía en este Foro, no ha sido así: se lanzaron contra mi, acusándome sin ninguna razón de que yo acusaba a IZOJUB. Comprendeis que fácil es equivocarse sin haber reflexionado previamente sobre lo que se hace?

Y a los que haceis cultivation o cualquier otro proceso: aviones, helicpteros, etc. os animo a soportar las críticas; la mayoría de las veces, son sin fundamente y sin tener razón. ¡Unicamente NO son criticados, aquellos que jamás hicieron nada!

Y debo añadir (y añado): las cosas que no están bien realizadas, debemos criticarlas; de lo contrario, nunca mejorarán.

Saludos cordiales: Delfin

• Hola Schnuffelduffel (Marcos)

Something special: Would you find it very laborious to cultivate the "city of Santiago" within a square of approximately 7 km on each side = (7 x 7 km), and then superimpose it on the current cutivation? (Could it even be a square on the side <7 km as long as it covers the entire city.)

What I ask here, Marcos, is if you could do it with a minimum of effort and time spent in those processes; otherwise, leave it as it is. I think you have sacrificed enough for the cultivatiom of this area of the N.W. of Sapin, and I do not wish to subject you to another long sacrifice. I tell you this, with great frankness and sincerity: if it is complex and laborious, leave it as it is.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Just out of curiosity does anyone mess around with other sims and drzewiecki design cities? How accurate are they in terms of cultivation of buildings compared with real life? I think you would have to be a native of the city to tell what was missing. I like AFS2 New York more than the other sim versions and I think our guys do a good job for the most part.

• Thanks for the address Peter: however, I was asking for another base, which is configured by countries (online), and below that line, all the creations of that country made by users appear. I remember that then it was "pmb" (Michael II), it was he who updated that information base. Who can provide me with that information base?

Regards: Delfin

• Thank you Michael

I see you changed the structure of the base. Now, first you have to click on the country of the world-map, and the list with all the creations of that country is displayed. It is very correct, perhaps better than the previous list that I was referring to. I suppose that one has disappeared.

Once again, thank you very much

• Hi delfinpm ,

I think you´re looking for that list:

Bye, Michael (III)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Ok tup61,

you have now 3 posts where you declare aerofly as dead and we should look into MSFS.

We got it now and you may forgive us, that we still have fun with aerofly.

This is a very active and friendly forum, but we care about what we have and what we can do right now with the existing tools.