The art of cultivation

• Hey man,

one and a half year with aerofly and only recently your first posts? You could have been more active here ^^

No, actually all flight simmers know about MSFS, and some of us are even in the alpha and beta program.

MSFS will be a burner anyway, it doesn't need additional advertising right now. Many of us have already several flight sims and will have this as well.

So why not using different sims for different preferences? Let's discuss here about aerofly.

No offense :)

• Hi delfinpm ,

the folder "Hawaiin_Islands_Kauai_Niihau_v1" is only something like the transport packaging of the three folders it contains.

The three contained folders must be saved directly under "scenery", i.e. parallel to "spain". So it must look like this afterwards:

• ... Documents \ Aerofly FS2 \ Addons \ scenery \ ..
      • .. / spain
      • .. / us_hi_elevation
      • .. / us_hi_kauai
      • .. / us_hi_niihau

Bye, Michael (🍅🚁)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hola Peter and Michael:

Following your insturctions I almost succeed: complete infrastructures are created, but ... hard to believe what happens next !:

At last I could see the island with its runways but when selecting a specific runway, it happens:

1) .- It takes a long time to load; near the end, this message appears on the screen:

Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator main executable stopped working.

And the PC crashed.

I remembered that this was undoing, deleting the "main.mcf". So I did and I guess this file was restored. I tried again, and the problem remains exactly the same ..

However, anywhere else in the world, the sim works correctly. Needless to say, the files are correctly copied to the "scenery" folder as you see in the attached image.

Faced with this setback, I deleted the 3 scenery files (admitting that one was defective) and re-downloaded everything done by the creators of this scenario, and reinstalled it. Again I deleted again in file "main.mcf". I turned off the PC. and new I turned it on. I started again the attempt to fly over the islands ... with the same negative results.

It occurred to me to try other runways, and the same problem happens, except with "Port Allen".

In the latter, I met the plane on the runway; I took off correctly, but in less than 30 seconds (with the plane flying), it again crashed. That puzzled me.

I tried again and again, and always with the same result. The maximum time it is flying is less than 60 seconds. And this behavior occurs only in Port Allen, in the other 3 runways, nor does the plane appear on the runway.

I suppose that this strange behavior is very difficult to admit, but it is exactly how it happens.

I do not need to repeat to you, that the first file to download and install, was the "US_HI_elevation".

Well, dear companions, what is the reason for such strange behavior?

I await your suggestions. and ... as life continues to be complicated, I will definitely forget about ... Hawaii. And ... I feel sorry for the artists who created this job well done, in that distant latitude.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hola Thomas

Attached I send you what you have asked me.

Caja Semitorre 550W
    Procesador AMD Phenom II X4 965- 3,4 Ghz.
    Placa base Asus M5-A78LM-LX
    Memoria Ram Kingston 8Gb. DDR3
    Disco duro Seagate 1 Tb
    Grafica ATi Radeon 7750 con 2Gb.
    DVD-RW LG
    Lector tarjetas interno
    Monitor LG o Samsung HD Led 22"
    Teclado y ratón Logitech
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bits -->{Windows Profesional 64 bits}

According to this message, I cannot send you the file "tm.log" for exceeding 10,000 characters. However, I am sure it can be done. Tell me how it's done.

The message is too long, must be under 10,000 characters.

Regards: Delfin

• I'm afraid your videocard with 2GB VRAM is the problem, for detailed scenery it's best to have a videocard with 4GB VRAM or more.....

You can upload your tm.log by choosing attachments in the reply box.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• I'm afraid your videocard with 2GB VRAM is the problem, for detailed scenery it's best to have a videocard with 4GB VRAM or more.....

You can upload your tm.log by choosing attachments in the reply box.

Peter, I exactly on this subject, I do not know enough to deny what you affirm, but if that VRAM works perfectly in any other latitude, why not in Hawaii?

• A more detailed scenery needs more VRAM to load...

I have a 3GB GTX1060 and I can't fly over Amsterdam or Paris, these scenery have lots of detail and buildings everywhere.

Other scenery work fine for me though with Hawaii and Innsbruck I have to lower my quality settings.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Again: hola Peter

I have just finished a test based on what you affirm (which is not crazy: that VRAM could influence this anomaly).

I lowered the resolution from Graphics quality: "high to medium". I re-tested the island with identical results as before lowering the resolution. This test I consider quite conclusive. You may be right, but in this case, I find it hard to believe that this problem is caused by the VRAM of only 2 GB.

Anyway, Peter, I appreciate the effort of your analysis and exposition

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hola Thomas y Peter

You had told me Peter, that Hawaii had a high density of information. It did not seem so since most of the surface does not have buildings.

Well, for information density we have Manhattan; I do not think that there exists in this Sim, any area with more buildings and, consequently, greater density of information. Well, there, my Sim flies without the slightest difficulty, and in any other region.

However, since you two, Thomas and you, are the only ones who are fighting to solve this difficulty, and also in a very intense and constant way (something that I thank you very especially), I also tried to help with reasoning broader, although less precise, due to my ignorance of that programming.

After going around and around: Why is it only possible for me to take off from Port Allen, fly a short period of time, and ... crash. ? What is special about this airport over the others, in which I can do absolutely nothing ?. This is really amazing!

Well ... going back to your reasoning Peter: remember that I decreased the resolution from "high to medium", and it remained the same. And ... why not decrease to "low"?   Peter could be right.

So I did and ... I was amazed: Peter was right !!. It works perfectly at all airports, and also with reasonable good resolution.

Well comrades, very well fought friends, I am very, very grateful. You deserve a hug (well, I give you a virtual hug).

Kind regard: Delfin