Gibraltar now available from TriSoftSim

• Seriously... does anyone here keep an eye on the upcoming MSFS...? Default MSFS Gibraltar kills this AFS2 payware version... (as it kills anything AFS2 related, well, apart from VR support so far).

Seriously, I am myself an Alpha tester for MSFS, and what can I tell you?

Yes in terms of ortho quality, it's top OK!

I was dazzled myself at the start, despite some small configuration problems, now I am less and less sorry.

Fluidity level should you still have a good config, if not forgotten, it's hardly lost.:(

MSFS lets your eyes shine, but will the final price be worth it?:/

This is what most users on the MSFS forum wonder. HOW MUCH ?????

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• MSFS is not out, It won't have VR support or helicopters when it comes out. And it probably needs more then a budget game computer to run in VR at all when it supports VR somewhere in the future.....

Don't fly flatscreen anymore, I have four simulators on my PC and everyone has it's merits, will have a look at MSFS when VR is supported....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• MSFS is not out, It won't have VR support or helicopters when it comes out. And it probably needs more then a budget game computer to run in VR at all when it supports VR somewhere in the future.....

Don't fly flatscreen anymore, I have four simulators on my PC and everyone has it's merits, will have a look at MSFS when VR is supported....

"It won't have VR support or helicopters" - that'll be enough for me to give it nothing more than a cursory glance for now. VR and Helo's are my main reason for simming :)

• MSFS was listed on an Australian site for sale around $A99 but as a pre-order for $A88 for Xbox...

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/microsoft-flight-simulator

I was not talking specifically about the price of the SIM, but how much in total for an acceptable config, minimum I9 and RTX 2080 to take full advantage.

With what I currently have, it's all just not worth it.;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• And then we have to wait to see how good the flight modelling is on helicopters....I prefer a realistic flight model above graphics or anything else and Aerofly's R22 is the best we have now on the consumer market.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

• Well done but sorry to say this: still no water, still these clouds, no weather, no ATC, no landing and taxi lights lightning the ground. Things that have been promised since I started with Aerofly FS2 three years ago. VR is still great but I have definitely lost confidence in IPACS, there is too little development. A hidden agenda I guess.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• You are absolutely right, but what can we do, live with or change.;)

At present, we no longer even know who is who, and who does what.:/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

• Well done but sorry to say this: still no water, still these clouds, no weather, no ATC, no landing and taxi lights lightning the ground. Things that have been promised since I started with Aerofly FS2 three years ago. VR is still great but I have definitely lost confidence in IPACS, there is too little development. A hidden agenda I guess.

Maybe a case of being careful what we wish for? I'm sure they could add all that stuff, but will AF2 then revert to the stuttering mess that many other sims can become in VR? Probably part of (if not the main reason for) these fantastic frame rates and feeling of fluidity that I've seen on no other flight sim is because we DON'T have all of those things?

If you want all that stuff, maybe use another sim? I currently switch backwards and forwards between XP11 with all of it's feeling of life (real weather, real traffic, global scenery etc) and AF2 (awesome VR) depending on what mood I'm in.

I think if a perfect sim existed, we'd all be using it. Even MS2020 isn't going to have what I'm looking for by the sound of it (VR and Heli's).

• All I am asking for is clarity. Clear communication. As a customer I expect that a company is communicating witth me like we all do in relationships. If they are not able to develope the landing lights or taxilights, ok, I can live with that and also with the missing water when I know the reason why it is not done. But silence I hate as I hate in partnership. All IPACS risks is assumptions and speculations we see again and again in this forum.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• All I am asking for is clarity. Clear communication. As a customer I expect that a company is communicating witth me like we all do in relationships. If they are not able to develope the landing lights or taxilights, ok, I can live with that and also with the missing water when I know the reason why it is not done. But silence I hate as I hate in partnership. All IPACS risks is assumptions and speculations we see again and again in this forum.

That's fair comment. And I agree, some clarity on the direction things are taking would be useful. Without it, it's human instinct to think the worst, e.g. it's not what we might want to hear.

• Official Post

still no water, still these clouds, no weather, no ATC, no landing and taxi lights lightning the ground. Things that have been promised since I started with Aerofly FS2 three years ago.

Gibraltar was made by an external company so what does the one thing have to do with the others?

Sorry but it's these "you promised us" comments why we never make any announcements or promises in the first place. We are always very cautions to state our future interests to avoid disappointments. We are actually working quite quickly but we don't share that on public media. You can be assured that all of as are giving their best to bring you new features quickly and at highest quality.