Gibraltar now available from TriSoftSim

• Well done but sorry to say this: still no water, still these clouds, no weather, no ATC, no landing and taxi lights lightning the ground. Things that have been promised since I started with Aerofly FS2 three years ago. VR is still great but I have definitely lost confidence in IPACS, there is too little development. A hidden agenda I guess.

Just out of curiosity - who exactly "PROMISED" you all these features? And why are you so negative, and what the heck does MSFS 2020 have to do with it? They have certainly NOT promised you helicopters OR VR-support, both of which are the main reason a lot of us use AFS2

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Just out of curiosity - who exactly "PROMISED" you all these features? And why are you so negative, and what the heck does MSFS 2020 have to do with it? They have certainly NOT promised you helicopters OR VR-support, both of which are the main reason a lot of us use AFS2

Where do I mention MSFS 2020?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• ''Gibraltar''

Here are some screens of magnificent regions of the Gibraltar, while enjoying discovering Algeciras and its surroundings.:):thumbup:

Realized by the TriSoftSim team!

I encourage everyone interested to take a look below;)

Available at https://secure.simmarket.com

and on https://store.flightsim.com/

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

Edited once, last by Tomfa (June 25, 2020 at 9:38 AM).

• Where do I mention MSFS 2020?

My apologies - that part was unwarranted - I conflated you with Tup61

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Installed Gibraltar today, good scenery but....works only in OpenGL for me and another user:RE: AFS 2 Vulcan Crash

No problems with other scenery, I normally run Vulkan for better performance. Maybe the developers can have a look at it?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Installed Gibraltar today, good scenery but....works only in OpenGL for me and another user:RE: AFS 2 Vulcan Crash

No problems with other scenery, I normally run Vulkan for better performance. Maybe the developers can have a look at it?

Same issue here - crashes repeatedly in Vulkan, but rock-steady in OpenGL.

• What was the cause of the crash according to the tm.log?

I didn’t check, but will go back and try it out. Standby....

• I see a lot of missing textures and invalid texture entries. Towards the end there is a warning that more than 8192 trees are added and from that point forward there are more errors and warnings. I'm guessing there could be a region that has too many trees.

ThAnks Jan - that would make sense with what I saw. Down low at low speeds, it kinda hangs in there, but once I'm up at a bit of altitude to have a look around - it crashes every time. Seemed OK in OpenGL, and - as I don't have any appreciable difference in frame rates between Vulkan and OpenGL in AFS2 (unlike X-plane 11.50b11 where the difference is massive) - I might as well run AFS2 in OpenGL - for now.

• I see a lot of missing textures and invalid texture entries. Towards the end there is a warning that more than 8192 trees are added and from that point forward there are more errors and warnings. I'm guessing there could be a region that has too many trees.

Moin Jan,

what's the limit for the trees?

Bye, Michael (🍅🚁)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries