Important Notice for 127 folks that downloaded our Hawaiian Scenery

• If you are one of the 127 folks that downloaded our Kauai and Niihau scenery over the weekend you are setting yourself up for a big disappointment. We have tried to tell everyone in every thread that YOU MUST INSTALL THE ELEVATION MESH before the scenery will perform correctly. When I just checked the number of downloads for the Kauai and Niihau scenery there have been 355 downloads. When I check the separate download for the Elevation Mesh there have only been 228. These should be the exact same number. One for One.

That means there are 127 users out there someplace that did not get the Elevation Mesh. =O:S:/?(:huh::rolleyes::?:

There is just no possible way your scenery can be properly installed and behave correctly without both downloads being installed as directed.

Go back and complete your download and install the Elevation Mesh. Get it here. https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…or-all-islands/

• If you want .. i can add the extra file ...also in this

ONE ARTICLE ? ...if you want ... ( or you cabn add it by yourself ... EDIT a...and upload the third ZIP also there )

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Thank you Higgy, for the hint.

The idea was, to have one elevation mesh for all islands, which should be linked to in part 2, 3 and 4.

It only should be installed one time, not 4 times.

For that we seek for the best solution.

(Not that there is no warning in the file that you NEED the elevation)

Maybe we should password protect the scenery file, and the password is contained in the elevation folder after you unzipped it) ?!?!?!

Cheers, Thomas

• In hindsight, one is often smarter. For sorting in „.. / addons / scenery" the following structure might have made it easier for some people:

And then you could use the future additions as:

• images__us_hi_…
    • places__us_hi_...

Well, anyway, happy flying and above all, happy discovery.

Bye, Michael (🍅🚁)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Maybe we should password protect the scenery file, and the password is contained in the elevation folder after you unzipped it) ?!?!?!

That sounds like the easier and more sure way of doing it. I like this suggestion.

• It's possible someone had download issues with the large scenery file and had to download it again, right?

My vote is to keep it simple / leave it as-is. When you release Part 2, make the install instructions very clear - "the HI elevation file should already be installed, if not, install it now."

The example folder screenshots are very helpful so continue to include those and highlight the HI elevation folder.

Great job on Part 1 !

• Excellent example! :thumbup:This is the best and most logical way, all the addons should be placed this way, and it would cause fewer errors.;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Maybe Higgy can tell us if there are multiple downloads from the same I.P. adress?

No ...sorry there is no tools for this ...I think its because of "user and data security"

because most of our server software is made in germany ...so also the rules of our things set according to ours law here.

But anyway ... dont think and break other people's heads :)

When someone have problems with downloads , or with the installation.... or others ...

they will write me , here ... or in our Forum or download base ... I think :) :)

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• Without wanting to offend you, in my opinion, it would have been easier for everyone, and especially for those starting out on this simulator to take as an example your "Apollo50", including directly: documents / elevation / images / places / with the first files including kauai and niihau in the right location, then later, follow this example to add future files to the right location

This formula is however the basis of Aerofly FS2 in the document directory;)

Best wishes 😉

Pascal

AFS2 / FS4 / MSFS / - Intel(R) Core i7 -12800HX 4.80 GHz - DDR5 4800MHz 32 Go - NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti 8 GB GDDR6X - 2x 2 TB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4

• Pascal, if this would have been one scenery: yes this would have been ideal.

But we wanted to prevent, that users need to copy the coming parts into these 4 categories documents / elevation / images / places

So we decided for the next 3 parts the more simpler way:

Copy to addon/scenery:

US_HI_maui

US_HI_hawaii

US_HI_oahu

US_HI_kauia

US_HI_elevation

clean and simple.

Cheers, Thomas