737-500 instead of -800?

• Hi! I’ve been wondering, why did you choose to add the -500 variant instead of the -800? I have no problems with the -500, as it’s a great aircraft, and I love that Aerofly has it as part of the 737 Classic instead of always adding the NG series. But I’ve been wondering, why the -500? Also, could we get some more liveries on it? Real liveries btw, I get that the ones on the -500 in game are real liveries, but they don’t actually exist on the -500. And some have inaccuracies, like the British Airways livery (which IS a real livery that was on their -500s) it’s the normal BA livery, but on their 737s they have a little black semi circle that is in the nosecone. Thanks for reading this, hope for some replies:)

• Official Post

We purchased a -200 model very long ago and just made small upgrades to that.

As we explained in other threads many times the -800 would require a total rebuild of the cockpit and there are many changes on the exterior as well (engine pylons, wing geometry, flaps, slats, spoilers, wing tips, longer fuselage -> new set of textures, etc.). If we have to put in the same amount of work as for a new aircraft we may as well choose a new aircraft that is different and not "another" B737. Maybe something that you don't see in every other sim out there like a modern new airliner with the latest and greatest avionics. We are not ruling out a 737NG and it is still a popular request. The B737NG would be an excellent 3rd party aircraft. Most things are already there from the other Boeings we have, including autopilot, fms, efis, eicas and what not.

• We purchased a -200 model very long ago and just made small upgrades to that.

As we explained in other threads many times the -800 would require a total rebuild of the cockpit and there are many changes on the exterior as well (engine pylons, wing geometry, flaps, slats, spoilers, wing tips, longer fuselage -> new set of textures, etc.). If we have to put in the same amount of work as for a new aircraft we may as well choose a new aircraft that is different and not "another" B737. Maybe something that you don't see in every other sim out there like a modern new airliner with the latest and greatest avionics. We are not ruling out a 737NG and it is still a popular request. The B737NG would be an excellent 3rd party aircraft. Most things are already there from the other Boeings we have, including autopilot, fms, efis, eicas and what not.

Hopefully the developers never forget the 737-800 it is an incredible airplane hopefully in the future they will be able to add it ... But if you want current airplanes here I have some suggestions ... The. 787 dreamliner would be fantastic .. The airbus 350 .. The airbus 321 neo .. The airbus 330 neo ... Embraer 195 E2 ... Bombardier CRJ1000 .. Atr 600

• Official Post

Hopefully the developers never forget the 737-800 it is an incredible airplane hopefully in the future they will be able to add it ... But if you want current airplanes here I have some suggestions ... The. 787 dreamliner would be fantastic .. The airbus 350 .. The airbus 321 neo .. The airbus 330 neo ... Embraer 195 E2 ... Bombardier CRJ1000 .. Atr 600

We would like to do all of these aircraft. But we have to evaluate what is more attractive to users. I'm sure if we do one of the aircraft that you mentioned that it would attract more people than a B737-800 because they have not seen them in a default simulator. Believe it or not probably half of the customers would not be able to tell the difference between a 737-500 and -800. Other than "it looks longer". Please don't underestimate how much work goes in one of our aircraft. We're talking 500 to 1000 hours or so for an airliner because of the high quality standards and the amount of systems that go into our an aircraft.

• We would like to do all of these aircraft. But we have to evaluate what is more attractive to users. I'm sure if we do one of the aircraft that you mentioned that it would attract more people than a B737-800 because they have not seen them in a default simulator. Believe it or not probably half of the customers would not be able to tell the difference between a 737-500 and -800. Other than "it looks longer". Please don't underestimate how much work goes in one of our aircraft. We're talking 500 to 1000 hours or so for an airliner because of the high quality standards and the amount of systems that go into our an aircraft.

That's right .. We value the work .. Mobile users are eager with the new update ... They are right the 737-800 we can find it in another simulator .. But a 787, a 195 embraer, Atr 72 ... Hopefully they add a new turbo propeller an atr72 no simulator has it would be excellent competition for the Q400

• Realmente não deve ser fácil criar novas aeronaves concorrentes. Minha sugestão para o IPACS poderia ser, por exemplo, possíveis alterações na aeronave, exemplos Sharklets e novos motores nos B737 500 e A320, para o usuário escolher. Poderia ser uma opção, pois reduziria muito trabalho e os aviões pareceriam modernos sem a criação de outros. A questão é que acho que não deve ser fácil substituir essas peças, certo. Eu não sei se eles são separáveis ?? se não, eu não sei. : /: /

• Exemplo: as pontas das asas são lindas e devem ser removidas para adicionar tubarões que também seriam inovadores,

mas eu não sei se você será capaz de fazer isso espero que sim, a mesma coisa é o motor mais como eu disse dar a opção para o usuário escolher o modelo. Eu realmente gosto muito dos motores CFM.

• Giving us the analog instruments in the 737 is a huge bonus, the glass screens elsewhere are common as muck and the very rare analog -500 does stand out and gives us a delightful flavour of the first generation of transport jets.

The Captain Sim PC 737-200 has the unfamiliar early autopilot which has very different operating principles to the current autopilot which looks remarkably unchanged from that in the late -200s to the one in the newest Max.

Flying a sim route in the glassless cockpit Aerofly 737-500 is good retro entertainment, the auto switching HSI adds intrigue to Flight Director assisted manual flying.

It would be nice if the three out of four RMI knobs which are the wrong way round could be fixed, only the right seat VOR1/ADF1 knob is correct.

Does anyone else think that the -500 instrument lighting at night is a bit lacking in contrast and clarity?

(Light control knobs were used).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (July 3, 2020 at 3:44 AM).

• We purchased a -200 model very long ago and just made small upgrades to that.

So does this mean there’s a chance of a -200 soon? Would be great to see one in game. I do like the -800, but I still love the fact that instead of adding the NG (pretty much every sim has it) you added the Classic. Aerofly is a great simulator for older aircraft!

• Realmente não deve ser fácil criar novas aeronaves concorrentes. Minha sugestão para o IPACS pode ser, por exemplo, possíveis alterações na aeronave, exemplos Sharklets e novos motores nos B737 500 e A320, para o usuário escolher. Poderia ser uma opção, pois reduzirá muito o trabalho e os planos de pareceres modernos sem a criação de outros. A questão é que acho que não deve ser fácil substituir essas peças, certo. Eu não sei se eles estão separados ?? se não, eu não sei. : /: /

Yes it is not easy, because the textures are complicated to make, besides the pieces may not be so easy to replace, they are already working on it maybe in the future they will have an A320 NEO or an A320 and B737 with sharklets

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• A 787-Dreamliner can be a perfect new aircraft for Aerofly as no other sim pilot can expect a study-level 787 by Default.

As much as I came to know that the new 777 addon for Aerofly has fascinated many other flight sim pilots to move to Aerofly. Even including myself.

Best Regards,

Pratik

• A 787-Dreamliner can be a perfect new aircraft for Aerofly as no other sim pilot can expect a study-level 787 by Default.

As much as I came to know that the new 777 addon for Aerofly has fascinated many other flight sim pilots to move to Aerofly. Even including myself.

Absolutely right friend .. A boeing 787 dreamliner can be an infection point for ipacs .. No mobile simulator has that plane and I doubt it has it .. If the ipacs team is working with that plane ... Thousands of users will arrive to the aerofly2020 community ... That plane is amazing .. The best technology .. A beautiful and fantastic cockpit ... Ipad team could you take this suggestion? Hopefully they are already working with that plane .. The boeing 787 dreamliner can mark a before and after .. Of this magnificent simulator