Turning (on any aircraft) on ground

• I have noticed something lately. It is probably intentional or maybe not. This isn’t much of a complaint but a “why”?

Ima compare two sims but not saying which one is better (but hint hint Aerofly is).

Okok.

(Aerofly) When taxiing on the ground, with the A320 for example, when making sharp turns to hold short or whatever, I turn the nose wheel back to center but the plane keeps sliding to that direction. In third person view the wheel is center, or takes a long time to center, and the plane will still slide/turn to that direction for some time.

In XPlane, once I turn the nose wheel to center, the wheel is center and takes less time for the wheel to center and at the same taxi speed I do not slide/continue turning into given direction.

I have tested this on both flight sims with the same taxi speeds 20kts and 10kts.

I would exit the runway at 25 and then try to center the wheel but the plane would still be turning while on XPlane, performing the same exit, the plane would follow the direction of the nose wheel.

LSS: why does this happen in Aerofly? Is it on my end? Am I to “violent” on the controls? Or something else?

Thanks in advance

Dean

• Any time the nose wheel steering is fiddled with in Aerofly it tends to muck-up the rudder response in flight. I think fidelity in flight is so important that I'd not sacrifice it to any extent to improve taxying.

Breaking any direct relationship between sim' rudder and nose wheel response would help, for instance in a Cessna 150 (and 172) the pedal input could have a different response tuned to the shielded balance horned rudder from that of the spring link actuated nose gear steering arms, The rudder needs a fairly narrow reduced sensitivity throw whereas the equivalent soft zone for the nose wheel rotation needs to be the greater part of the pedal movement. The stretched springs move the nose wheel significantly only near fairly full travel. Every plane is different to varying extents.

Shielded horn balances Cessna 150.

Tail gear steering springs (no Cessna 150 springs pics anywhere on the web!, (the 150 also has a shimmy damper))

• iPad / Aerofly FS 2020 or 2919 / Settings / Controls

But if assisted means steering wheels + rudder (depending speed), on mobile it’s going to be touchy to control rudder and steering wheel separately.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• i am talking about aerofly fs 2 not the mobile version btw. and i will check the settings.

Oops. Sorry. I didn’t get it.

Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS), by the way, what is the exact action of Assisted in Ridder control on mobile?

Thanks

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Yes, I realize that the Airbus has a difficulty in relation to the taxi whenever I catch it, I reduce the wind to the minimum possible and, before taking off, the airplane must be aligned, using the whole end of the runway at low speed, to facilitate the alignment without losing a lot of track. When doing the Backtrack, brake hard enough to make a reasonable alignment and do not use the entire rudder for a long time. This can help.

Greetings,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• I'm going to revive this thread real quick because I am still not too sure why turning the airplane one way and then the other way causes the plane to slide. It is like turning on ice. It is hard to explain. But after you land with the a320 or 777, I exit the runway at around 40 knots while slowing down to 20. This effect is still present when turning at lower speed. But when centering my nose wheel, the plane is still veering into the turn, causing the plane to slide of the taxi way. This breaks the immersion a bit. This effect isn't as noticeable in the GA aircraft but definitely noticeably in the commercial planes.