TMD help please - DR400 start button

• Ok, then for the DR400 it's "merely" about assigning this control to the starter button. But it will need to be different for instance with the PA28 or C172 that are started with the key.

There's no equivalent to the magic shortcut CTRL+E in FS that will start any engine whatever the aircraft.

Cheers

Antoine

Agreed, it should be a "merely", but I can't work it out and Larry Lynx Steve has found it a bit confusing too. If you are able to lend a hand :) :)

• (...) If you are able to lend a hand :) :)

I am not, unfortunately. That's why I put brackets on "merely" :|

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Phil, after fighting with a TB9 simulator yesterday I had a brainwave this morning, at least I think that is what it was, so I'll ask a dumb question

Have you tried assigning your physical button to anything else in the Aerofly menu, gear or something similar (yes i know the dr400 is fixed). It may be that FS2 doesn't even see your switch.

Steve

• Hi Steve - thanks for staying with me on this. I'll pm you with a little more about what I am up to.

Yes I tried gear and when I press the button I see the controls page detecting it.

• That's ok as a first step but does the gear retract on a retractable aircraft if you assigned it. I tried the same as you using my taxi light example, aerofly saw the button press but didn't do anything in the 400.

I have just modified both the 400 TMD files using "Start.The.Engine" and the starter button worked as normal so we can rule out "Control.Starter" as being special

• Hi Antoine and anyone else that's interested

I have worked out whats wrong and how to correct it. Its the button entries ( don't like buttons, weird things), need's to be a switch. I have sent Phil modified DR400 files which I will send to you if you want to take a look at what I did. I will not post them here as it would mean multiple dr400 files floating around which Jetpack will not be happy about and he will use it Jedi powers to turn me into a frog or something worse =O

Steve

• Thank you, you can PM me your solution, I'm insterested in it for the future - I still have in mind to get my Saitek panels once to work correctly with AFS2...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Hi Antoine

Files have been sent via PM

What this does prove is that given enough user defined buttons FS2 can be a very effective simulator for cockpit builders, even if we have to buy an enhanced version and at different price. Cockpit builders are a resourceful bunch given the correct tools and FS2 would efectively mean you can pretty much build any aircraft/helicopter you fancy. It would need TMD skills for sure but a very basic 3d model would probably suffice as you wouldn't need it or want to see it for a true cockpit builder..Just some ramblings of an old man :/

Steve

• Sounds good to me, if we can have more rotorcraft with just a simple 3D model....I almost never get out of cockpitview in VR.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• We need the professors to look outside the sand and see a possible expansion of the product. Ok maybe it might be slower as it needs to keep an eye on all those lovely buttons, switches and AirManager gauges but us cockpit builders are used to that, hence the enhanced version for us, mind your head builders

No need for a VR cockpit or most of the outside if it's for physical cockpit builders.

Of course we know the answer before we all start to dream