Microsoft Flight Simulator release date announced - no sign of helo's or VR - could be AF2's chance to shine!

• Unless I'm mistaken, I can't see any mention of helicopters or VR for it. These are 2 killer features of Aerofly FS2, so there's a potential of folk looking here for their fix. I know I'm certainly not in the market for another 2D only flight sim, and I'm sure there will be others.

I know you've secret stuff on the way, but now might be a good time :)

• psionmark July 13, 2020 at 5:43 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Microsoft 2020 release date announced - no sign of helo's or VR - could be AF2's chance to shine!” to “Microsoft Flight Simulator release date announced - no sign of helo's or VR - could be AF2's chance to shine!”.
  • Finally another sim with good graphics...

A living world with traffic and real time weather. Hope to see that in Aerofly FS2 in the future too.

But I rather have good VR performance. Will see if and when Microsoft will come with that. And no gliders or helicopters yet......

Hope to have a really fast game PC by the time they implement VR and helicopters 'cause I think we will need it for a fluid VR experience.

For now it is Aerofly FS2 and just a little bit of X Plane 11 and DCS...

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Finally another sim with good graphics...

A living world with traffic and real time weather. Hope to see that in Aerofly FS2 in the future too.

But I rather have good VR performance. Will see if and when Microsoft will come with that. And no gliders or helicopters yet......

Hope to have a really fast game PC by the time they implement VR and helicopters 'cause I think we will need it for a fluid VR experience.

For now it is Aerofly FS2 and just a little bit of X Plane 11 and DCS...

Gute Spieleistung mit diesem PC, und das mit dem Neuen Microsoft Flight Simulatour?!:D:D:D

i5-7400@3GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Lenovo Explorer VR, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals.

Da musst Du schon noch 1400 Euro Investieren.:D

Viel Spass wünsche ich Dir!!!!;)

Grüsse Enrico

Edited once, last by NE-76 (July 13, 2020 at 7:43 PM).

• Gute Spieleistung mit diesem PC, und das mit dem Neuen Microsoft Flight Simulatour?!:D:D:D

i5-7400@3GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Lenovo Explorer VR, 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals.

Da musst Du schon noch 1400 Euro Investieren.:D

Viel Spass wünsche ich Dir!!!!;)

Grüsse Enrico

True, the biggest selling points for Aerofly FS2 are a realistic flight model especially with rotorcraft and 90FPS in VR with a budget game PC like mine...Most of my hours in DCS and Xplane are at a mate's house and a high end PC..

Aerofly is still my favourite because the rotorcraft flight model is better then the competition, and the other sims out there are at least 500 bucks more expensive in hardware cost for the same performance.

Thanks to Aerofly FS2 I could invest in good flight controllers first to have a smooth and realistic VR experience at home too!

I am happy with the coming MFS, it will give the simulator world a boost to up their game too and that will be a benefit for us all.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited 7 times, last by PjotR22 (July 14, 2020 at 12:14 AM).

• deluxe premium edition+hp reverb g2 preorderd, im very optimistic that we see vr support for the mircosoft flight sim this year, its under the top ten priorities

Interesting choice. I hope you didn’t buy the G2 for use with the MS sim (unreleased hardware that won’t work with currently unreleased software), given it’s only currently on a wish list. And that means any VR support, if it comes, won’t be optimised as it’ll be an afterthought. If it goes from “we’d like to have it one day” to fully working and complete within 5 months, I’ll be mightily impressed. And, given it’s taken them 5 years to get this far...

• dont worry , i owned the g1 reverb and i am pretty shure the g2 is a true next gen vr headset , i have all flight sims but most time i use dcs

i also impressed by the microsoft hate, i dont understand why some people here in the forum thinks the microsoft programmers for the flightsim were idiots and the graphic engine is cheesy and only the ipacs programmers were capaple of doing wonders with their graphic engine, and for the vr support for the microsoft simulator i am pretty shure that i see first the vr support before i see the secret big suprising updates for aerofly here

• dont worry , i owned the g1 reverb and i am pretty shure the g2 is a true next gen vr headset , i have all flight sims but most time i use dcs

i also impressed by the microsoft hate, i dont understand why some people here in the forum thinks the microsoft programmers for the flightsim were idiots and the graphic engine is cheesy and only the ipacs programmers were capaple of doing wonders with their graphic engine, and for the vr support for the microsoft simulator i am pretty shure that i see first the vr support before i see the secret big suprising updates for aerofly here

From what I’ve seen, the Microsoft Flight Simulator devs have done a remarkable job. I’m not detracting anything they’ve done and I seriously want to try it out. However, by definition, any VR added to it will be an afterthought. From all the examples I’ve seen of all types of software, VR only works really well when it’s baked in to the product from the start. When added as an afterthought, compromises will always have to be made. It’s simply unavoidable unless you throw it all away and start again.

For me, helo’s and VR are an absolute minimum requirement for me to want to spend any time with it.

Regarding the G2, yes, that does look like a good upgrade over current VR kit. I was just curious you mentioned it in the same sentence as the sim, given the sim doesn’t have VR.

• Whilst the Digital Download will be made available on August 18th 2020, the physical release looks to be releasing just a handful of days later on August 21st 2020.

As for pricing, the Standard Edition will retail for €69.99 and the Premium Deluxe Edition will retail for €129.99. All prices are subject to VAT. As a reminder, these are for European customers only. There’s no word on any North American or Global physical distribution.

Best wishes, Michael :)

• True, the biggest selling points for Aerofly FS2 are a realistic flight model especially with rotorcraft and 90FPS in VR with a budget game PC like mine...Most of my hours in DCS and Xplane are at a mate's house and a high end PC..

Aerofly is still my favourite because the rotorcraft flight model is better then the competition, and the other sims out there are at least 500 bucks more expensive in hardware cost for the same performance.

Thanks to Aerofly FS2 I could invest in good flight controllers first to have a smooth and realistic VR experience at home too!

I am happy with the coming MFS, it will give the simulator world a boost to up their game too and that will be a benefit for us all.

Da wünsche ich Ihnen viel Spass mit diesem Spiel,aber bitte kaufen Sie gleich die Deluxe Edition für 120 Euro das es sich lohnt.:thumbup:

MFG

• Da wünsche ich Ihnen viel Spass mit diesem Spiel,aber bitte kaufen Sie gleich die Deluxe Edition für 120 Euro das es sich lohnt.:thumbup:

MFG

I don’t get your passive aggressive attitude towards MFS 2020. It’s a great simulator, that will probably be superior to Aerofly FS2 in every way. I am not worried about VR support, neither about frame rates with the right setup in Future.

The Game will be very likely playable with a decent frame rate on a good setup. Xplane is improving a lot too on Vulkan.

And yes, a high frame rate is very nice, but I am very happy with 30 FPS plus, as your eyes will not notice a difference worth mentioning.

I think at one point it will be time to admit aerofly is not that much of a great simulator anymore, when Computers get more and more potent.

• I don’t get your passive aggressive attitude towards MFS 2020. It’s a great simulator, that will probably be superior to Aerofly FS2 in every way. I am not worried about VR support, neither about frame rates with the right setup in Future.

The Game will be very likely playable with a decent frame rate on a good setup. Xplane is improving a lot too on Vulkan.

And yes, a high frame rate is very nice, but I am very happy with 30 FPS plus, as your eyes will not notice a difference worth mentioning.

I think at one point it will be time to admit aerofly is not that much of a great simulator anymore, when Computers get more and more potent.

30FPS:D:D

Sie geben 120 Euro aus für 30 FPS?????:D

Und dann Spielen Sie auf einstellungen auf Minimum und freuen sich noch darüber,verstehe wer will!!!!

Aber egal,viel Spass damit.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 30FPS:D:D

Sie geben 120 Euro aus für 30 FPS?????:D

Und dann Spielen Sie auf einstellungen auf Minimum und freuen sich noch darüber,verstehe wer will!!!!

Aber egal,viel Spass damit.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am spending about 2500€ for a new PC. At least I get a working ATC System and amazing worldwide scenery with a planet that is alive, not dead. Real navigation and so on... you know the upsides! I want a sim I can use for real life training and aerofly is at the current state not a suitable product.

30 FPS isn’t bad, no need for something much faster in a flight sim. I highly doubt I will play the simulator at minimum settings.

• Also many people want study level aircraft’s, which are currently not offered for Aerofly.

Yes, Aerofly FS2 is designed for the large mass. Easy to get started (Plug and Play). The small minority with their microscope - should choose another simulator.

All flight simulators have their strengths and weaknesses. Content that suits one enthusiast - does not suit the other, etc. Regardless, it will be interesting to see what the new MSFS can deliver. But I think many have unrealistic expectations.

• fableo its not possible to discuss in a normal way in this forum ,especially with aerofly fanboys, i like the aerofly sim but like you i am not a fanboy and move to a better sim and when i need to upgrade my 2080ti to a upcoming 3080ti for good frame rates its not a problem for me