AFS2 works - Be Happy

• Lots of speculation and noise from users about the new sim from the Microsoft Corporation. This sim works and works well and we have all enjoyed its many features. Hopefully we will continue to do so for some time too. Do not be like rats lining up for a run at the hawse hole, but be supportive and encourage one another here. This is a good sim with a good group of developers and users. My thanks to all. :)

• Do not be like rats lining up for a run at the hawse hole, but be supportive and encourage one another here. This is a good sim with a good group of developers and users. My thanks to all. :)

We are constantly supporting Aerofly and the group, we defend Aerofly from insults from players of other sims and try to propagandize it to bring our sim more user, we buy nearly all addons even if some of them might actually not interest us to support the developers. However, blindly comforting the developers and suppressing different voice as you did is not favored, from my point of view.

The team is small, I agree

The works are hard, I agree

There’re some intrinsic coding problems that cause some features hard to implement, I agree

But so many years of no big features such as weather, ATC? Two years since they release any new scenery? The update now seems to become only once a year? And you now tell the users to shut up and keep the developers in some comfortable zone? I can sincerely tell you that being noisy is being supportive, because we are still interested, and we worry. You might be happy when one day this forum is silent, don’t you? And I favor the users to bring some stress to the devs, it’s a critical time in FS history, you being sluggish, you will be out of the game. No matter how many excuses you have.

And I really hope IPACS can slap in my face and show me how naive and stupid those words are one day using their new product, maybe a brand new, powerful and beautiful Aerofly FS 3;).

Edited once, last by W.B. (July 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM).

• Lots of speculation and noise from users about the new sim from the Microsoft Corporation. This sim works and works well and we have all enjoyed its many features. Hopefully we will continue to do so for some time too. Do not be like rats lining up for a run at the hawse hole, but be supportive and encourage one another here. This is a good sim with a good group of developers and users. My thanks to all. :)

I have been looking for the good group of developers for some time now...

• Amigo aerofly is a nice simulator .. But it has become obsolete with the passage of time .. There is no atc .. There is no global landscape .. There are no planes with functional fmc .. There is no real time weather .. There is no radar , the planes are half simulated .. There are no services on the ground either .. There is no pushback .. There is also no good lighting in the airports .. Aviation lovers are not satisfied with beautiful landscapes and high fps ... They want realism and aerofly is very far from having it ... They are very far from prepard .. Xplane and MFS2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. There they have a lot of potential .. Because in the pc version they are very far from the others

Actually as a real life helicopter pilot the R22 in this sim is good enough to learn to fly a real R22, it performs almost identical to the real r22 . There is nothing better on terms of flight fidelity. MSFS doesn't have a helicopter flight model nor VR so for us heli simmers msfs 2020 is no better than FSX,

• And you now tell the users to shut up and keep the developers in some comfortable zone? I can sincerely tell you that being noisy is being supportive, because we are still interested, and we worry. You might be happy when one day this forum is silent

Yes, shutting down & locking discussion really is not the best way to demonstrate native VR superiority.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Aviation lovers are not satisfied with beautiful landscapes and high fps ... They want realism and aerofly is very far from having it ...

For me - "beautiful landscapes and high fps" - is very important - and means increased realism. Flightsim has been a hobby for me since the 1980s - and I know all about "slideshow" (stutters). And "slideshow" is for me a "sim-killer".

They are very far from prepard .. Xplane and MFS2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. There they have a lot of potential .. Because in the pc version they are very far from the others

Listen carefully - because maybe I'm just saying it only once ..... :)

IPACS has again, and again, and again, and again ..... said that they understand our wishes for Aerofly FS2. How many times do we then need to repeat the same thing over and over again?

IPACS has repeatedly said that they are trying to create the best flight simulator they can make. If you think that FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane, etc. are better for you - then switch over.

For simplicity - imagine that there are 100 customers in the world today who use flight simulators. Today most people use FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane. But - a large survey shows that there are in addition 100 -200 potential customers who WANT to start with flight simulation. Some of these try - but give up because it's too complicated (steep learning curve).

As a small example. Now - over at Avsim - some are worried about how to get the new upcoming MSFS installed on a disk other than C-disk - using Microsoft's "coercive procedure". "Uaahhh - it's so complicated."

Unlike most flight simulators, the Aerofly FS2 is easy to get started with (Plug and Play). Yes - you can even let the co-pilot complete and show you a flight from takeoff to landing. IPACS knows what they are doing - and they are doing it in their own way. We do not need more of the same (FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane) - but rather something unique. :saint:

• O MSFS é um simulador onde existem muitos desenvolvedores que usam um público maior, etc. No entanto, o AFS2 é um simulador que roda com uma suavidade nunca vista em outro simulador, mesmo em VR quem busca simular isso é uma maravilha para pessoas com configuração PCs médios, bons PCs são muito caros e não têm FPS do AFS2.

O AFS2 possui aeronaves muito realistas iguais aos reais em detalhes, isso não tem negação, como eu sempre falo cada um tem um tipo específico de simulador se você não estiver satisfeito procurem um de simulador de seu gosto, mas eu acredito que o AFS2 ainda está em desenvolvimento com uma equipe menor e ainda vai surpreender muito mais é uma questão de tempo. Acredite, eles têm um diferencial que podem causar toda a diferença.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• Das war eine sehr vernünftige Antwort!

Wie ja schon gesagt, steht es jedem frei, sich den Simulator anzuschaffen der ihm am besten zusagt. Man sollte bedenken, daß alle nur virtuelle Sim´s sind

und jede Sim ihre Vor- und gewissermaßen auch einige Nachteile mit sich bringt.

Ich habe schon seit dem es Flugsimulatoren für den PC gibt, diese auch alle genutzt, aber am Ende war ich auch oft durch Abstürze, Einfrieren, Black screens, zu wenig Arbeitsspeicher usw. einfach nur gestresst.

Erfreulicherweise habe ich damit heute nichts mehr zu tun. Es macht einfach Freude und das ist doch das wichtigste. Es besitzt doch auch nicht jeder das gleiche Auto. :)

• Yes, shutting down & locking discussion really is not the best way to demonstrate native VR superiority.

The unfortunate occasional American Policeman-like attitude seems thankfully greatly reduced.

It would help if there was recognition or rejection of reported faults and errors with a log of of such acknowledged items in a viewable waiting to do list. It can be disheartening to see previously raised items treated as fresh reports months later.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded (July 15, 2020 at 3:46 PM).

• I believe that the great abyss today of Aerofly FS is still not having basic things that would make it a more appreciated simulator.

Engine shutdown, more weather options, fuel consumption, weight and balance, pushback and LANDING LIGHTS. I don't want to belittle the developers' work, but it could already be released if ready and seems to me easy to provide. Most of this features are available since old FS98 !

Other more complex things can even be dispensable, like ground support ...

• I believe that the great abyss today of Aerofly FS is still not having basic things that would make it a more appreciated simulator.

Engine shutdown, more weather options, fuel consumption, weight and balance, pushback and LANDING LIGHTS. I don't want to belittle the developers' work, but it could already be released if ready and seems to me easy to provide. Most of this features are available since old FS98 !

Other more complex things can even be dispensable, like ground support ...

.. This is what I mean, I am not criticizing aerofly .. I am just stating my point of view .. How is it possible that a simulator as old as FSX from 2004 has better things than aerofly ... It is incredible that in 2020 The simulator does not have such basic things as engine shutdown and pushback. It is such a basic thing that there are phone simulators that have engine shutdown and aerofly does not. take more than 10 years 🤦‍♂️🙄

• Good analogy with the chef. We don't want to run into the restaurant and tell everyone while the food is burning to a crisp :)

Well, if you really like the analogy with the chef, I must admit I don't know many restaurants where customers simply sit for many hours calmly waiting for their order, and waiters keeps telling the chef is at work, he's working hard at big dishes (despite you've seen nothing but a green salad coming from the kitchen now for 3 hours) and please stop asking : we won't tell whether your meal is being prepared or not and if so, when you can expect to be served, because your meal will only be served when the chef is happy with it... ;)

Deleting negative Trip Advisor reports won't prevent customers from starving.

This thread simply shows there's fortunately enough still a bunch of customers - including me - waiting, each one expecting a different dish.

In a real restaurant, people would have left for long, especially when a new place is opening in the same street...

Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Official Post

I think it's more like: You already had the steak that you ordered and payed for and it was delicious. You also got a salad and a large ice cream on the house. But your appetite is still there so you wave to the kitchen to bring in another steak. Kitchen tells you that they first have to grow the food to feed to the cows before they can bring in more of that delicious steak.

• Beautiful beautiful beautiful .. Perfect analogy .. An exquisite and excellent comment .. Better said impossible 👏

• If you think that FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane, etc. are better for you - then switch over.

While we all want to see more users to switch to Aerofly, you tell the (already small) player group to switch over? Aerofly doesn’t have the privilege to be so arrogant as the player number is already pity. Each time I get access to steamdb, I’ll get shocked and frustrated because Aerofly is always the game with least players online on the list. Usually no more than 50 globally. GLOBALLY!!!

Don’t reduce the circle any further, please. I would miss IPACS’s steak one day and by that day there may be no chance anymore.