AFS2 works - Be Happy

• While we all want to see more users to switch to Aerofly, you tell the (already small) player group to switch over?

No. Then you misunderstand what I am trying to convey. :)

If you simply must have 120 FPS - then shift over to Aerofly FS2. If you need a PMDG study-level aircraft - you must select a simulator other than Aerofly FS2. If you must have VR - do not select the upcoming MSFS, etc ... The ideal simulator that covers all needs - does not exist. Neither do the new upcoming MSFS.

That's why I buy all the flight simulators I'm interested in. And currently, Aerofly FS2 is my preferred flight simulator.

Each time I get access to steamdb, I’ll get shocked and frustrated because Aerofly is always the game with least players online on the list. Usually no more than 50 globally. GLOBALLY!!!

Almost every time I start up Aerofly FS2 - I choose Steam "Offline Mode". What does it mean in this context? ;)

As long as Aerofly FS2 does not have Multiplayer - "players online" is not very relevant. What matters - is whether IPACS is comfortable with the financial statements (income vs. expenses). My impression from the outside is that they have good control. And I support quality over quantity - even though I know that quality is time consuming.

• Almost every time I start up Aerofly FS2 - I choose Steam "Offline Mode". What does it mean in this context? ;)

As long as Aerofly FS2 does not have Multiplayer - "players online" is not very relevant. What matters - is whether IPACS is comfortable with the financial statements (income vs. expenses). My impression from the outside is that they have good control. And I support quality over quantity - even though I know that quality is time consuming.

Steam has default settings of starting in online mode, most people won’t intentionally start offline. Even if many players launch Aerofly in offline mode, let’s thus multiply the number by 3, it still has only two digits. While the online player number for FSX and XP11 is usually between 1000-2000, I believe there’ll be quite a number of going offline so the number can be even larger, according to your theory, which still far outnumber ours.

There might be quite some number of mobile players, which on the other hand makes IPACS “comfortable with their financial statement”, I guess. But don’t you afraid the PC version of Aerofly eventually turn into an HD mobile version? (That’s also what I hear from many simmers why they refuse to try Aerofly). And that’s what seems to be happening. I’m afraid this will lead PC version into a dead end because one day when the VR and frame rate advantages are caught up by other sims, what can drive IPACS to keep paying attention to PC considering their mobile version is so profitable while PC version has so few users?

• Dear colleagues:

It is evident that we have entered into a dialectical battle of demands towards IPACS, which is leading us nowhere, except to confrontation between us members of this Forum, and this is detrimental to us.

IPACS cannot resolve our demands as quickly as we request; Furthermore, these demands are many and quite complex. In my opinion for lack of programmers, and that I suppose is not easy to solve. The management knows our demands, if we are not pleased, it is because they cannot do it, and as much as you reiterate, it will not be achieved with the agility that is demanded.

Lately also, the personal insult has already been reached, and that is even worse. Good reasons have been put forward by competent partners, but when we stumble, the arguments have no effect. I think that new members have arrived today in a very radical attitude that does not benefit the intellectual health of this community.

I am almost missing Jeff, these threads, I think they must be cut before the requests become so insistent, so virulent. If IPACS does not please us, it is simply because it is impossible for them. Those who do not understand it, I think I should leave this peaceful Forum. We do not need so much belligerence in our demands, they are well known.

I do not wish to disturb anyone, but I consider this repeated insistence ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE. This is simply my point of view.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Steam has default settings of starting in online mode, most people won’t intentionally start offline. Even if many players launch Aerofly in offline mode, let’s thus multiply the number by 3, it still has only two digits. While the online player number for FSX and XP11 is usually between 1000-2000, I believe there’ll be quite a number of going offline so the number can be even larger, according to your theory, which still far outnumber ours.

There might be quite some number of mobile players, which on the other hand makes IPACS “comfortable with their financial statement”, I guess. But don’t you afraid the PC version of Aerofly eventually turn into an HD mobile version? (That’s also what I hear from many simmers why they refuse to try Aerofly). And that’s what seems to be happening. I’m afraid this will lead PC version into a dead end because one day when the VR and frame rate advantages are caught up by other sims, what can drive IPACS to keep paying attention to PC considering their mobile version is so profitable while PC version has so few users?

It is evident that the pc version of aerofly is lagging far behind its competitors. There are very few users. Contrary to the mobile version. There are around 15 thousand downloads of the new aerofly 2020 .. We are talking about 15 times the number. of pc users .. Or it may be even more like 20 or 25 times more and the list keeps growing ... I in the aerofly facebook group uploaded a video landing the beautiful 777 and like 20 users bought aerofly instantly .. In the mobile version aerofly has no competition .. They handle incredible quality .. With some updates such as .. Engine shutdown .. Pushback .. Some new planes and new regions to fly .. We are talking about thousands of potential users to buy aerofly 2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. I think that there is really the market for this magnificent mobile simulator 👏✈️

• It is evident that the pc version of aerofly is lagging far behind its competitors. There are very few users. Contrary to the mobile version. There are around 15 thousand downloads of the new aerofly 2020 .. We are talking about 15 times the number. of pc users .. Or it may be even more like 20 or 25 times more and the list keeps growing ... I in the aerofly facebook group uploaded a video landing the beautiful 777 and like 20 users bought aerofly instantly .. In the mobile version aerofly has no competition .. They handle incredible quality .. With some updates such as .. Engine shutdown .. Pushback .. Some new planes and new regions to fly .. We are talking about thousands of potential users to buy aerofly 2020 ... They should work more on the mobile version .. I think that there is really the market for this magnificent mobile simulator 👏✈️

The mobile version shares up to over 90% of the code with the PC version, so if they develop a feature, then they should release it for both platforms.

• Unlike most flight simulators, the Aerofly FS2 is easy to get started with (Plug and Play). Yes - you can even let the co-pilot complete and show you a flight from takeoff to landing. IPACS knows what they are doing - and they are doing it in their own way. We do not need more of the same (FSX / FSX-SE, P3D, X-Plane) - but rather something unique. :saint:

This is one of FS2's main strengths for me. I do like other sims, but I also spend a LOT of time faffing about with them rather than "flying". Sometimes, like last night, for example, I'd spent about half an hour messing with settings in another sim and thought I'd just fire up FS2 for a spot of flying in the R22 around the wonderful freeware Hawaii - and I ended up with a big grin on my face. And that, surely, is what it's all about? Just enjoying it. If you're not enjoying it (FS2, or anything else), stop and go do something you do enjoy :)

I know I harp on about what's coming next as much as the next person (probably more) but I am learning (slowly) to just go with the flow and enjoy what we have right now. Anything we might get in the future is just a bonus.

• Eu só queria saber uma coisa até quando alguns usuários vão fazer perguntas que já foram respondidas aqui no fórum pelos desenvolvedores, além de tratar os usuários com desden, isso está ficando cada vez mais chato.

Novamente críticas são aceitas SIM, como temos muitas aqui que visam melhorar o produto como o JAN falou aqui no fórum, e que já foram acatadas, feitas e talvez (prontas). EX: Olhem o BLOG e vejam o que estar por vim partidas nos motores isso vai ser uma coisa muito legal para o AFS2. Muitos de nós aqui temos um carinho grande e acreditamos no AFS2 quer um exemplo disso? Estamos aqui defendendo o produto e acreditando nele enquanto muitos usuários estão fazendo cenários, aeroportos, cidades e até alguns aviões antigos... Não vai adiantar alguns de vocês menosprezarem o produto e tratar a equipe de desenvolvedores com ironias eu só quero que saibam que o \AFS2 AINDA ESTÁ EM DESENVOLVIMENTO.\

Saudações,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• Think about the flightsim market.

There exist 'hardcore simmers', who have the latest hardware plus additional tools for their favorite flightsim. They might have spent thousands of bucks for it. They want to use it as close to reality as possible including all procedures like in real life. If it takes 10 minutes to get a Jumbo up from cold and dark, so that’s reality.

There are 'intermediate simmers' who want to have a certain system depth, but prefer a quick start sequence over real life procedures.

Another group may be called 'fun simmers', gamers who hop into a cockpit and want to fly, just with the stick controls without caring about fuelling or ATC or pushback.

Actually the flight sim community comprises all these people and everything in between. And none of the current flightsims can satisfy all the very different requests.

Now, I’m not sure whether the first group is the largest group. Also think about it, are these people mostly FSX- and future MSFS-users, willing to change at all to another product? I don’t think so, because no other product can compete with Microsoft’s market power (including all the 3rd party devs). And I’m not sure whether aerofly should reinvent all the features, which are already existing in other sims.

In a competitive market aerofly should focus on it’s own strength and on features supporting this. Let’s say we have a good flight model, 2 outstanding helos (1 user helo!!!), superb graphics, high frame rates and great VR support. What would fit into these positive aspects?

More helos, multiplayer, weather? Sounds good for group 2 and 3, group 1 will still find so many missing features, that they don’t think about aerofly. But some of them may like a quick nice flight with aerofly in between their MSFS flights.

Perhaps you have some more ideas in this line of thinking instead demanding another version of MSFS.

• And I wish for gliders:

• winch launch

• motor glider

Bye, Michael (🍅🚁)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• O que outras pessoas estão dizendo

No. Then you misunderstand what I am trying to convey. :)

If you simply must have 120 FPS - then shift over to Aerofly FS2. If you need a PMDG study-level aircraft - you must select a simulator other than Aerofly FS2.

Or we may want something between Aerofly and PMDG level, the basic for a flight simulator: fuel consumption, weight and balance, a pushback and ATC even if simple. That would be wonderful already.

• Well, we have one or two patches of 'sinkable' water in South Florida and a user made float plane but I still have to check out that combination.

More patches of water like at Dry Tortugas and an IPACS float plane and a bush plane for that matter would be very welcome!

Maybe IPACS can help out the Hawaii team to implement a larger patch of 'Dry Tortugas water' ?

Overall I am very happy with the Aerofly FS2 as we have now!!!

Since you brought us that very realistic R22 I spend most of my time in this simulator.

Before that it was the handful of good helicopters in X Plane and DCS but the R22 flight model is far more realistic.

And with Steve's Lynx we have a heli with 'cold and dark' and probably another heli later on... :)

I do hope for animated water and more weather options (rain!) in the future if that is possible without too much performance loss but PC hardware gets faster every year so.....?

And another heli from IPACS with that R22 quality would be VERY welcome, I also hope for floats and a landing light for the R22 and other aircraft, I really miss that for flying at night....

Wishes...And we all want different things added but for now this is the ONLY sim that gives you 90 fps in VR while flying a heli that is close to the real one!

And lots of good (payware, freeware) scenery for short and low flights with rotorcraft so I am very happy!!!

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Some of the water in our Hawaiiian Islands will rival Dry Trotugas in emerald color, but, that is like trying to land on a photograph. I am talking about 'water' that you can land a float plane on and takeoff from. Nothing quite like the sounds of water lapping on the sides of metal floats on the old J-3 Cub.

In this case it is all or nothing for me, otherwise is it just wasted effort to make an illusion, but, I do appreciate the thought. 8o

• And...A big thank you for the community with the skills to bring us those great free add ons like scenery, rotorcraft and aircraft !!!

I do feel though they can do even more with better tools, SDK?

That should be on top of IPACS 'to do list'.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Some of the water in our Hawaiiian Islands will rival Dry Trotugas in emerald color, but, that is like trying to land on a photograph. I am talking about 'water' that you can land a float plane on and takeoff from. Nothing quite like the sounds of water lapping on the sides of metal floats on the old J-3 Cub.

In this case it is all or nothing for me, otherwise is it just wasted effort to make an illusion, but, I do appreciate the thought. 8o

Animated water and floats for some planes and the R22 helicopter would be so cool! 8o

I can go half under with the R22 in that Tortugas water, I expect the float planes we have will do the same....?

In the past I spend years flying RC heli's, also on floats and real water. I remember there is a good RC flight simulator with animated water and a Schweizer with floats. No cockpit view of course but water sounds and animation were pretty good....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

Edited 2 times, last by PjotR22 (July 16, 2020 at 7:06 PM).

• I think it's more like: You already had the steak that you ordered and payed for and it was delicious. You also got a salad and a large ice cream on the house. But your appetite is still there so you wave to the kitchen to bring in another steak. Kitchen tells you that they first have to grow the food to feed to the cows before they can bring in more of that delicious steak. We have all bought a product as is. Every new feature or add on is a bonus.

So true...We have all bought a product as is. Every update is a bonus. We can ask for our wishes to be full filled but we can't demand anything.

I am happy to wait...Or even pay for 'Aerofly FS3' with more features like animated water, weather, traffic and more....

Regards,

Peter Splinter