AFS2 works - Be Happy

• Official Post

I'm still here Delfin. Just focusing more on moving us forward than dealing with nonsense

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Can we just give this a rest? We know full well the position of IPACs. I for one am just enjoying what we have got and looking forward to future developments without getting worked up about it. Thanks both to the Dev’s and the community developers for all your efforts.

• I'm still here Delfin. Just focusing more on moving us forward than dealing with nonsense

Good morning Jeff

I know you're there, but I don't think you're as an "active moderator".

Currently on some threads (and specifically this one), it became annoying, unacceptable. It cannot be repeated and reiterated until exhaustion. Literature and more literature that leads to nothing, except the fatigue of always reading the same thing and always answering the same thing.

My reference to you, was simply so that you cut the course of that thread, that more than achieving something positive, what it does is create annoyance to those who use reason and intelligence in the resolution of the demands made to IPACS.

Kind regards: Delfin

• I wouldn't want to be read as me demanding anything, I can call a fault as being extremely serious in my (big headed) opinion but foremost see the forum service as a blessing not offered with earlier sims and I am always grateful when I see a fix. We all want to make the sim better.

• Good morning Jeff

I know you're there, but I don't think you're as an "active moderator".

Currently on some threads (and specifically this one), it became annoying, unacceptable. It cannot be repeated and reiterated until exhaustion. Literature and more literature that leads to nothing, except the fatigue of always reading the same thing and always answering the same thing.

My reference to you, was simply so that you cut the course of that thread, that more than achieving something positive, what it does is create annoyance to those who use reason and intelligence in the resolution of the demands made to IPACS.

Delfin,

I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an active member of the IPACS development team. We are too busy to be sitting here on the forum watching every single post that comes by. Would you rather have us sit here on the forums all of the time or work to finish up some new features and functionalities? I do feel that this thread is getting out of hand and will handle it accordingly.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Delfin,

I'm not a forum moderator, I'm an active member of the IPACS development team. We are too busy to be sitting here on the forum watching every single post that comes by. Would you rather have us sit here on the forums all of the time or work to finish up some new features and functionalities? I do feel that this thread is getting out of hand and will handle it accordingly.

Hola Jeff, and Forum partners

In the icon of the Forum, you figure as a moderator; However, I had already assumed that you did not develop this function, otherwise, you would have closed more than one thread that each step is more frequently exceeded in expressing the demands.

I personally prefer that you are "creating and improving FS 2 features". I am convinced that in that position, the members of the Forum will win with more benefits of the Sim.

Also, remembering now and if the memory fails, I think we owe you, I do not know if in its entirety, or a good participation, one of the most beautiful areas of this Sim: "the Florida peninsula". An absolutely beautiful region, with a huge population bordered by water, and water and more water. I did not know that millions of people lived almost on water, and with such a paradisiacal environment, especially for its enviable temperature.

Thank you for your participation and also for clarifying this point. I want you to work hard (we need it) although I already know that you all work to the limit, although this aspect not everyone understands. It surprises me that with a fairly general character, people ask and ask and ... demand, as if you were napping every day in the afternoon. Well, do you know what (siesta) "nap" is? . I do not know how this word will be translated into English, it will surely be identical to Spanish , since it is a creation of our language.

In short, business activity, production, productivity, Industrial Organization, Methods and Times, I could speak a lot, but this Forum is not the best place, nor do I think that the immense majority of the members are interested in what least. Of course, if they knew a little more about this discipline and productivity of the company, they would not be so repetitive with the demands.

In private companies, you work hard, and you don't need to rush it, they (the management) know what rush is, they know what productivity is, and ... or they offer us a good product, competitive in performance and price, or ... will be cornered and put out of circulation by the competition. This is how the private company works, this is how it has to work (and IPACS works!), Otherwise, its end would be very close, which I deeply hope and wish, that this does not happen, for the benefit of this `EXTRAORDINARY SIMULATOR! , consequently, from us your clients and members of this beloved Forum.

Anyway Jeff, maybe I went too far, I apologize to those who believe it, however, the world of private business works like this: in a hurry, with speed and with pressure at work. Perhaps the state officials do not know it well, but those of us who are part of the private company (with an entrepreneurial mind) know this accelerated and constant rhythm well.

Fundamentally for this reason, I have never rushed my requests, except immediately that I was part of the Forum. Then I made a brief exposition of what then seemed very serious to me: "the color of the water of the Sim". And ... it's still so ... ugly. Well, it is hard for me to accept it, but I understand that if you have not improved this aspect of the simulator, it is because you have other tasks that you consider more important, and logically, you will give priority to what is priority (naturally: from your point of view; and that point by sight, it is ... irrefutable).

Without further ado.

• Three and a half years later and we are still having the exact same discussions. What more needs to be said? The same features we were asking for then are still missing. What I have watched happen is that new users come on board and are ecstatic (like me in January 2017). They defend the sim to everyone. Hell, I even bought a copy for a friend! Over time these users become frustrated with the lack of progress and drift away, to be replaced by a new group who are in turn ecstatic, who then repeat the process. This has happened several times. They always say be patient. But there is a line between being patient and just feeling silly. Three and a half years. That goes beyond patience.

• What I have watched happen is that new users come on board and are ecstatic (like me in January 2017). Over time these users become frustrated with the lack of progress and drift away, to be replaced by a new group who are in turn ecstatic, who then repeat the process. This has happened several times.

And time after time there are always “users” trying to defend IPACS and criticize those who show their concerns, their worries, and misinterpret it as “a way to ask for what themselves demand”.

Perhaps they are agents sent by Laminar Research or Lockheed to blind our developers and control the forum, so as to prevent Aerofly from true progress.:D

• I'm still here Delfin. Just focusing more on moving us forward than dealing with nonsense

I'm not asking for any new feature, detail or whatnot. As is, it's an excellent visual-centric sim. Without traffic, it's a simplified representation of realistic cockpit procedures in favour of the high frame rates required for VR. Respectfully, the best way to move forward is to let the nonsense deal with itself. Trying to deal with the subjective idea of nonsense by disappearing it is not only counterproductive, it'll turn people away. Ignore the naysayers, continue to innovate & there'll be better outcomes.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Three and a half years later and we are still having the exact same discussions. What more needs to be said? The same features we were asking for then are still missing. What I have watched happen is that new users come on board and are ecstatic (like me in January 2017). They defend the sim to everyone. Hell, I even bought a copy for a friend! Over time these users become frustrated with the lack of progress and drift away, to be replaced by a new group who are in turn ecstatic, who then repeat the process. This has happened several times. They always say be patient. But there is a line between being patient and just feeling silly. Three and a half years. That goes beyond patience.

Seriously 3 and a half years demanding the same? I have 5 months in the forum and if what you say is true .. Well maybe in the year 2050 we will have engine shutdown, new planes and more features .. Or it may also be that we never have anything .. I really doubt that this year there is a new update .... Surely the mobile version of MFS2020 will be released first, some update of aerofly 2020 .. It is a pity that it takes so many years to get new features .. Greetings and excellent comment

• Official Post

The forum is unfortunately not a good platform to get into deeper discussions with us developers. By the very nature, it will always cause frustration on both sides, either because you don't get the answer you were looking for or we are unable to explain ourself. We are now in business for over 20 years and this has always been something that bugged us, but we still believe it's a good thing to offer this forum as for the majority of questions and comments users get the answer they were looking for.

To bring this thread to an end, we can repeat our previously said things over and over, but it will eventually be hidden for new users. And it doesn't really help to make this sticky anywhere, new users usually do not read the forum as returning users.

So to comment a little bit on what has been said here. Yes, we are working on improving Aerofly FS in the future with more regions, new models and more features. And yes, a lot of stuff is already available internally. It is our policy however that we do not show or report anything on a regular basis unless we are very sure that we can deliver the new feature or content on a certain date. As an example we can mention ATC here, some older users remember the discussions here and we must admit it was an error that we commented on this, probably still causing frustration by some users.

We started working on ATC but eventually delayed it, because we saw that we needed deeper code changes to make it work nicely with other features like artificial traffic or even live traffic. We might have been able to publish a 'simple' ATC much earlier, but the code would have been something we would have to rebuild from scratch again when the above features are added. So that's why we delayed it.

Cold and dark is another difficult topic. Most users think cold and dark is a matter of a simple switch. They want just the experience and sound of engines being turned on ( this is feedback for most mobile users but also some PC users ). But keep in mind that to go from a cold and dark A320 to a fully operational and ready for take off A320 you require at least 20 minutes and a good reference next to you. So what way do we go? Using this example you see it's not as simple as it looks to the outside sometimes.

On the other hand lots of code changes required for new features and models have already been integrated into our updates, like better engine simulations for bigger helicopters or more accurate cold and dark simulations as well as improved navigation code to even better simulate the modern airliner cockpit instruments. If we compare our code basis today to the one one year ago the changes are substantial.

But due to our open design we can't publish every new feature or code change immediately as there are quite a few developers creating content for us and those changes require manual changes by them to stay compatible. So we delay this for a major update or version where we can more easily 'force' the developers to apply the required changes.

Like we said before, we are developers by heart and we are perfectionists as well. Some 'simple' requests you make either take a very long time or we want to implement it so it's accessible for novice users as well as experts. And we want to offer the same experience on various platforms as well, e.g. mobile devices, PC computers, Mac OS and virtual reality.

That all being said, I can make a risky comment and say that our next update is right around the corner. If all goes well we might be able to publish a new helicopter if, and that's why I said might, one of our developers finds a stubborn bug that causes this new helicopter to behave in a rather strange way. We currently consider using a Steam beta channel for this as well as we have made big changes in the navigation menu this new user interface requires careful testing.

• admin July 19, 2020 at 9:36 AM

Closed the thread.