SPADneXt support for Aerofly FS 2 announcement

• It is only a one-liner but the head honcho for SPADneXt stated in an announcement post at the http://Spadnext.com/forum site that ver 0.9.8 contains major new features:

- Aerofly FS2 Support (among other things)

https://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52904

If you have some of that Saitek hardware sitting around gathering dust, like mine for the last two years or more, this is really good news. Especially those with the individual FIPs (Flight Info Panels). I'm sure someone in the user community was involved in some beta tests. I was not.

That is all I know at this time.

• I knew of this but wanted to wait with an announcement until it's implemented... you never know. In any case I would really like to see my FIPs coming live under AeroflyFS2. I tried several potential sources I happen to know for getting the FIPs implemented over the years but none did bite.

Will test it as soon as available.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• SPADneXt supports and supplies advanced drivers for external flight sim panels built by Saitek specifically for cockpits and near cockpits. These are those rectangular displays for setting radio and ATC frequencies, auto-pilots, switch panels, magnetos, and such.

This makes an easy method for flipping switches, turning knobs, displaying altitudes, heading, VS rates, and lighted buttons. A gear handle with the 3 green lights, auto thrust switch, etc.

Some of these panels already work with Aerofly, but only partially. SPADneXt will give Full functionality and these can be set for specific aircraft.

The most important thing for most is the support for FIPs ( Flight Instrument Panels ). These are small boxes that are stackable for individual round gauges and Flight information. These are used to assemble or build a cockpit. It is easier to show than to describe what they do.

• Each of the small FIPs are capable of displaying every instrument that has a driver so you have almost unlimited control of instrument locations. This is used to mock the different panel designs of different aircraft. For instant, you might want the altimeter on the right and airspeed on the left or vice vesa. You can group engine instruments and flight control instruments..

FIP gauge design has created their own cottage industry. You can buy a full package for individual aircraft for each of the sims. Most folks have from 6 - 10 gauges so there is lots of flexibility.

• For noobs like me... What exactly does this do?

I use a cockpit similar to the one shown by Jetjocke10 above. The Radio etc. Panels are working mostly fine under Aerofly as do the Controls. However, I own 9 of the Flight Instrument Panels (FIPs) seen at the top (e.g. airspeed indicator, altimeter, and such). They're little boxes which can be assigned gauges flexibly.

I was able to bring these to live in all simulators I use (FSX, Prepar3D, X-Plane, and even the new MSFS) in one or another way, but not AeroflyFS2. I (and others) plead for support here in the forum (you may want to look up my old contributions on this, Jan) but fell on deaf ears again and again.

I contacted external sources, including Logitech and the maker of an X-Plane support program, but no one was willing to get active. Even SPAD.neXt tried an initial (alpha) stab years ago but removed it soon.

I only hope it to materialize this time and am deeply grateful to the author of SPAD.neXt for working on FIP support. Many cockpit builders rely on FIP support.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64