• A question? Today I made a flight with the airbus a320 .. I set the wind force to the maximum and also the turbulence .. Takeoff and while increasing altitude .. The parameters of the flight constantly changed especially the speed .. The engines went down and up from power alone ... And the sound of the engines sounded very realistic .. The turbulence and force was so strong .. That the engines were having trouble working normally .. It sounded as if the engines were struggling to keep the plane on in the air ... in real life is that so? The parameters of N1 rise and fall? And the sound of the engines going up and down in power is real? If that happens in real life ... Congratulations ... What a wonderful simulation ...

• Official Post

At low altitude the autothrust system is more aggressive than at high altitude. And 3000ft is pretty low.

If you fly higher the A/THR should be softer and N1 is more stable.

Especially when you are flying on ALT CRZ mode, then after about a minute the A/THR goes into an even slower state, keeps the thrust for the most part but allows more speed deviation to save on engine cycles and maintenance cost. This is only active at cruise altitude with ALT CRZ active and SPEED mode active if I remember correctly. The autopilot also does a softer altitude hold and allows more vertical deviation from turbulence. This decreases the actuator movements and the felt accelerations (because it doesn't react as aggressively to turbulence).

Regards,

Jan

• At low altitude the autothrust system is more aggressive than at high altitude. And 3000ft is pretty low.

If you fly higher the A/THR should be softer and N1 is more stable.

Especially when you are flying on ALT CRZ mode, then after about a minute the A/THR goes into an even slower state, keeps the thrust for the most part but allows more speed deviation to save on engine cycles and maintenance cost. This is only active at cruise altitude with ALT CRZ active and SPEED mode active if I remember correctly. The autopilot also does a softer altitude hold and allows more vertical deviation from turbulence. This decreases the actuator movements and the felt accelerations (because it doesn't react as aggressively to turbulence).

My question is .. If the engines in real life .. They go up and down from N1 with a lot of turbulence .. Is that what I experienced yesterday ... When I took off with maximum turbulence ... The engines went up and down from N1