DR400 Anemometer

• Hi JP

Can you be more specific about what is wrong with the gauge.

Is it the scale background or the way the needle moves with regard to the present scale.

If its the background, this can be adjusted in a paint program and then the resulting color file plus the illumination file (as that will need changing too) need to be converted to ttx files.

The needle movement can be adjusted in the dr400.tmd file. This is the section that needs adjusting but only the [map] line

<[graphics_mapping][VariometerNeedleMapping][]

<[string8][Input][VariometerNeedlePosition.Output]>

<[tmvector2d][Map][ (-10.16 -3.14) (0.0 0.0) (10.16 3.14) ]>

>

This may look complicated but it's easy. The first numbers are meters/sec and should be left alone unless you want a variable scale, The second set are the angular movement of the needle in Radians. You can add more sets of figures to allow for gauges where the scale changes. So for example, you might have a bigger angle for 0-500ft/min and a smaller angle form 2000-3000ft/min

Steve

• Hi JP

Think I misunderstood your description and took anemometer to be variometer as the dr400 does not have an anemometer . I think you meant Airspeed indicator.

The method to adjust is still the same but the section in the tmd is different

<[graphics_mapping][AirspeedNeedleMapping][]

<[string8][Input][AirspeedNeedlePosition.Output]>

<[tmvector2d][Map][ (0.0 0.0) (11.11 0.00) (16.67 0.18) (27.78 0.625) (41.66 1.42) (55.55 2.32) (69.44 3.22) (83.33 4.14) (111.11 5.90)]>

>

The figures remain the same, first ones are meters/second and the last ones are radians. This gauge looks more complicated as there are a lot of entries in the [Map] line. These just give various speeds at the angles quoted and the sim interpolates between each set of numbers

Steve

• Hi,

thanks for anwering,

Of course, I spoke about airspeed indicator and not about variometer when I said anemometer.

So sorry for this bad name used for aero domain.

Here is a screeshot of my airspeed in my robin DR400 under aerofly

But for me it should be like this (more common in france)

Did I make a mistake during the conversion of the DR400 ?

thanks in advance

JP

• Hi JP,

Just changing the texture obviously doesn't affect the needle behavior. You'll need to adjust the angle with the graphics mapping like Steve wrote.

The first number of each value pair is the airspeed in meters per second. The second value is the angle in radiant.

Here is one example:

1st: rotation angle is 0 for airspeed zero (you're angle should be negative here because your zero position is not straight down anymore - unless you change the 3d model and export the needle on zero airspeed as recommended)

2nd: rotation angle is 1 pi = 57..° for airspeed 100kt

Code
                    <[string8][Input][AirspeedNeedlePosition.Output]>
                    <[tmvector2d][Map][ (0.0 0.0) (51.4 1.0) ]>
                >

If you just override the input you can reload the aircraft and check the output angle for 100kt (51.4m/s) directly.

Code
                    <[string8][Input][51.4]>
                    <[tmvector2d][Map][ (0.0 0.0) (51.4 1.0) ]>
                >

Then just add more points (pairs of input/output values) , e.g. at 80, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300 etc.

• Hi Jan,

Thanks,

Not sure to understand, for me the needle is ok (0 at bottom like in real life), but the scale/backgound is bad. My question was did I do a mistake during the dr400 conversion (2 or 3 years ago) and how can have the good backgroud for this airspeed indicator?

• I'm not totally sure, but I believe that somebody made once an airspeed indicator in kt to replace the original one (km/h). It looks to me that you have that one.

As Jan said, converting it again should fix the problem.

Alternatively you could run all the int02_panel_ bitmaps through the content converter and replace the resulting ttx in the aircraft folder. But maybe it's easier to convert the whole plane.

Kai