• Setting frame limit on seems to reduce the frame rates to 30 fps. Is this an error, would it slow the sim down and cause malfunctions?

A change log for mobile would help, iOS cannot show frame rates. The wiki guide has no mention of 30 fps from the frame rate limit for mobile.

• That is a REDUCTION or a CUT, a limit is like not driving above 30 mph through the middle of town. This is more like pulling the leads off half of your spark plugs.

Yeah it is, but it does say it will limit it. It limits it to 30. I guess you can use it when your phone battery is low. I never use the limited frame rate though because it’s absolutely horrible, it feels like I’m trying to run a game like x-plane on a really low end computer.

• Official Post

@Overloaded: The main motivation of the frame rate limit on the mobile version is to reduce power consumption. If we look the frame rate at 30 fps the simulation still runs at 100% but the device itself consumes a lot less power. At 30 fps the user input is of course not a fast as with 60 fps, for most use cases this is no issue however.

• Thanks for replying, using a fast new Sony Xperia 1 phone the R 22 indicating 90/1 knots gave a measured zero wind ground speed of 91 knots at 60 fps, at 30 fps the measured ground speed was 66.7 knots when indicating 91 knots.

At 30 fps the sim response was dull and intermittent. The limited frame rate with the R 22 causes low sim performance.

I found an old forum entry about the frame rate being cut for the limited frame rate selection, the forum search seems to not work well in iOS, with Android a forum search produced many results, iOS only gave the most recent.

Documentation is largely absent for mobile, the wiki page did not mention frame rate cutting for limited frame rate selection in mobile. I had presumed that it was a limit to not greater than 60 fps computations. That may have been the original function in Aerofly.

iOS cannot display frame rates.

Thanks again.

• We need to investigate what you said. Looking at the code, simulation should be fine unless FPS drops below 30. But we might have done a slight mistake here, even though we usually program without bugs.

On mobile devices ( iOS and Android ) frame rate is usually always capped at what the device supports which is usually 60 fps. So this limit is always active, contrary to our PC version that can render unlimited frames ( which is really meaningless and for performance measurement only ). When using Aerofly FS for a long time or when heat cannot properly dissipate, mobile devices drain their battery very fast. To reduce this effect, the limit frame rate option was introduced which clamps framerate to 30 fps.

But again, we need to check your comment and see why simulation is no longer running at 100%.

• We need to investigate what you said. Looking at the code, simulation should be fine unless FPS drops below 30. But we might have done a slight mistake here, even though we usually program without bugs.

On mobile devices ( iOS and Android ) frame rate is usually always capped at what the device supports which is usually 60 fps. So this limit is always active, contrary to our PC version that can render unlimited frames ( which is really meaningless and for performance measurement only ). When using Aerofly FS for a long time or when heat cannot properly dissipate, mobile devices drain their battery very fast. To reduce this effect, the limit frame rate option was introduced which clamps framerate to 30 fps.

But again, we need to check your comment and see why simulation is no longer running at 100%.

I face similar issues... A high end OnePlus 5T running the simulator on maxed out graphics showing 60fps is unable to render the cockpit of some aircrafts eg. A320, C90, L45. I wrote about this a while back where in its impossible to read any of the panels of these aircrafts making flying really difficult. Hope you can look into it because earlier on maxed out graphics the cockpit used to render really well like a proper HD quality cockpit but after an update it's impossible to read the panels.

• I face similar issues... A high end OnePlus 5T running the simulator on maxed out graphics showing 60fps is unable to render the cockpit of some aircrafts eg. A320, C90, L45. I wrote about this a while back where in its impossible to read any of the panels of these aircrafts making flying really difficult. Hope you can look into it because earlier on maxed out graphics the cockpit used to render really well like a proper HD quality cockpit but after an update it's impossible to read the panels.

I believe this is a previous update that has decreased the quality of some things, like aircraft cockpits. I think everyone has the same issue and it’s very difficult to read the switches in various aircraft, whereas the 747 is fairly clear, but the 777 has an incredibly clear cockpit.

• I believe this is a previous update that has decreased the quality of some things, like aircraft cockpits. I think everyone has the same issue and it’s very difficult to read the switches in various aircraft, whereas the 747 is fairly clear, but the 777 has an incredibly clear cockpit.

Exactly!! Devices that are rendering scenery and the external model of the a/c at 60fps are unable to load the cockpit....? I mean previously it was able to load the flightdeck without any issue but then some update came along and it severely decreased the cockpit graphics to a point u can't read anything in the flightdeck except for what's on the display screens.

• @MasterOneLew, Rdx015: The things you mention has nothing to do with the problem Overloaded reported. The fact that A320 and some other airplanes have lower resolution textures in the cockpit is simply our texture budget limitation. For each airplane we try to stay below a certain amount of total texture storage. We will try to increase this in one of the next updates, but there is always the danger that on slower devices we will reduce performance considerably. Keep in mind we have to ensure Aerofly FS runs fine on a wide variety of devices.

• @MasterOneLew, Rdx015: The things you mention has nothing to do with the problem Overloaded reported. The fact that A320 and some other airplanes have lower resolution textures in the cockpit is simply our texture budget limitation. For each airplane we try to stay below a certain amount of total texture storage. We will try to increase this in one of the next updates, but there is always the danger that on slower devices we will reduce performance considerably. Keep in mind we have to ensure Aerofly FS runs fine on a wide variety of devices.

Thank you for replying to our comments, we just wish that we get a flight deck where we can atleast read what's written on the panels, doesn't necessarily have to be an HD cockpit like it used to be but atleast something we can work with especially given the new cold and dark feature in the upcoming update. Aerofly has done something no other sim has been able to achieve by creating highly detailed study level aircrafts, now that's something for default aircrafts!! As a fact I know the team at aerofly would take this minor issue into consideration for the next update 😊