Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• A320 navigation, auto pilot and co-pilot seem to be following routes now:thumbup:. Upon arrival, altitude was set for 100 ft but, the plane still auto landed fine using co-pilot.

I have noticed ever since the updates, that my computer is throwing off a ton of heat and the fans are running full force when playing the alpha now. I have confirmed this does not happen in beta. Is there something you guys have been tweaking around with performance wise? My computer is pretty powerful and I am still getting an even 120 fps on ultra, but I have never noticed the fan issue until the update. Also, thrust on the A320 is still not working properly in regards to taxiing. It takes 30%-32% N1 to get the plane moving, even when it is not loaded up for a long flight. Before the update, it felt much more natural.

Were you guys able to look at the sound issues for the 737/747 wing view (coding it to use internal cockpit sounds for the wing views on these two planes instead of external sounds which are too loud)?

Lastly, when in cruise, the bank angle is too great. When changing course to follow the route, the plane banks pretty far to the right and to maintain speed, the engines go from 65%-70% N1 all the way up to 96% to maintain speed. Other than these small issues, everything else is looking good.

I cannot fly any of the helicopters in this game yet :D, so I cannot speak to EC135, but it looks and sounds amazing! :thumbup:

• **A320 navigation update**

Spoke too soon, A320 nav is still broken. While doing a test flight using co-pilot, departed KPHX R26 using the CHILY3 departure landing KLFG R21 using I21 Approach. The plane overshot the runway at way too high an altitude and then started flying Northwesterly direction after a completely botched approach... This nav issue is a real shame, as the rest of the flight went without error until the final legs.

Any word on a push back feature yet??

• Just switched back over to the beta version to test the performance issue, and nary a peep from the fans. My computer was dead silent for the entire flight.

The only time my computer sounds like it will take off with this sim, is using full clouds in your NYC scenery package when using beta. :D

• Möchte nur sagen,dass bei mir jetzt NAV und APP bei der A320 super funktioniert.:thumbup:

Und das mit Genf Anflug auf Landebahn 23 war mein Fehler8),habe statt I23 den Gleitweg D23 genommen da konnte APP den Gleitweg nicht finden.

Vielen Dank Jan und IPACS für eure schnelle Hilfe immer.:thumbup::):)

MFG schönes Wochenende euch allen.;)

• Warum nur die Steam-User, nicht aber die DVD-User/Kunden in solche Update-Entwicklungen einbezogen werden, entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis. Es ist schon ganz schön frustrierend, in den Foren immer über das zu lesen, was andere ausprobieren und begeistert. Immerhin hat man auch einiges Geld für seinen Sim inkl. Addons etc. hingeblättert und könnte doch auch in alpha/beta-Versionen einbezogen werden.

Dabei wäre angesichts bevorstehender Veränderungen auf dem "Markt der Möglichkeiten" ein Motivationsschub für Aerofly-Treue gut zu gebrauchen... . (Sorry, das musste gerade mal raus...)

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti

• Warum nur die Steam-User, nicht aber die DVD-User/Kunden in solche Update-Entwicklungen einbezogen werden, entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis. Es ist schon ganz schön frustrierend, in den Foren immer über das zu lesen, was andere ausprobieren und begeistert. Immerhin hat man auch einiges Geld für seinen Sim inkl. Addons etc. hingeblättert und könnte doch auch in alpha/beta-Versionen einbezogen werden.

Dabei wäre angesichts bevorstehender Veränderungen auf dem "Markt der Möglichkeiten" ein Motivationsschub für Aerofly-Treue gut zu gebrauchen... . (Sorry, das musste gerade mal raus...)

Ganz einfach: es kostet zu viel Arbeit ein Update zu erzeugen für die DVD version und es ist fast schon kinderleicht über steam einen Alpha oder Beta Testkanal einzurichten. Die viele Arbeit für das DVD Update machen wir nur einmal, wenn es fertig ist, sprich weder Beta noch Alpha Stand ist

• This is crazy ! Whenever I select the EC135 in the aircraft selection menu, the map in the airport selection menu goes completely black - which makes me unable to select a starting point for the EC135 :huh:

By selecting any other aircraft in the respective menu, the appropriate visibility of the map comes back again - on my system this strange bug only occurs when I select the new Helicopter.

Anyway, thank you IPACS, thank you dear developers.

PS: I could already solve this strange graphic issue with the new EC135 by deleting the main.mcf file !!!

Edited once, last by KalEl (August 8, 2020 at 7:06 PM).

As you might know you can ask IPACS for a Steam key?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Ich nutze einen Mac und habe den Aerofly FS 2 aus dem AppStore bezogen. Auch für diese Variante gibt es keine Alpha- und keine Beta-Version.

Da mich die Alpha-Version interessiert, habe ich mir eine kostenfreien Steam-Account eingerichtet (ohne den geht es nicht). Damit nutze ich nun parallel (bzw. alternativ) zu meiner Mac-Installation den Alpha- bzw. Test-Kanal über Steam. Zusätzliche Kosten sind mir dadurch nicht entstanden.

—————

I use a Mac and have purchased the Aerofly FS 2 from the AppStore. Also for this version there is no alpha and no beta version.

Since I am interested in the alpha version, I have set up a free steam account (without which it doesn't work). Now I can use the alpha or beta channel via Steam parallel (or alternatively) to my Mac installation. No additional costs have arisen for me.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I have just completed a test flight of the A320 from KLAX to KSAN using only waypoints and an ILS Approach to I09.

The system seemed to automatically decide the cruise altitude and fuel required for the flight along with flap settings, etc.

After takeoff I engaged AP1 and cleaned up the aircraft for climb to FL200. I could see a TOC maker and the aircraft followed the lateral flight plan as well as the Vertical nicely. It climbed to cruise and the A/T set the speed.

I checked the MCDU for an indication of TOD and I did see one; however, it was only 6nm from where I was but the ND seemed to suggest it was further; nonetheless, I began my descent and watched the aircraft begin its descent. After a while I concluded that maybe the rate of descent was not enough so I manually increased to -1800 so that I was about 10,000 fmsl at the 30nm position. I did eventually see the GS indicator on the PFD and reduced my climb accordingly. When I was turning to final I engaged LOC and as I was a bit low for intercept of GS I waited until the marker was just above the line and then engaged APPR. The aircraft did capture GS and followed it all the way down. At 200ft AGL I disengaged AP and made a smooth manual landing on R09. It landed like a little puff ball.

My only concern on this flight was whether or not the auto-descent would get me to my 2000 ft target in time. I sensed that it would not; hence, my manual intervention.

I also wonder about how the RadNav is supposed to display the ILS hdg/freq. When I looked the freq was there but no heading so I added one where I could. Was the course somehow assigned but hidden? Did I put the heading where it should be?

MCDU:

On my next test I will include a SID and a STAR. (Note that I am not using any Orbx add-on airports with this install)

• Ich nutze einen Mac und habe den Aerofly FS 2 aus dem AppStore bezogen. Auch für diese Variante gibt es keine Alpha- und keine Beta-Version.

Da mich die Alpha-Version interessiert, habe ich mir eine kostenfreien Steam-Account eingerichtet (ohne den geht es nicht). Damit nutze ich nun parallel (bzw. alternativ) zu meiner Mac-Installation den Alpha- bzw. Test-Kanal über Steam. Zusätzliche Kosten sind mir dadurch nicht entstanden.

—————

I use a Mac and have purchased the Aerofly FS 2 from the AppStore. Also for this version there is no alpha and no beta version.

Since I am interested in the alpha version, I have set up a free steam account (without which it doesn't work). Now I can use the alpha or beta channel via Steam parallel (or alternatively) to my Mac installation. No additional costs have arisen for me.

Darf ich hier noch einmal um Hilfe bitten? Ich habe mir einen Steam-Account eingerichtet und auch die Beta-Group aktiviert. Aber ich finde nirgendwo die Beta-Version zum Aerofly FS2 und zum EC 135. Wie kommt man zum Download-Link?

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti

• Right click on Aerofly FS2 in your Steam library, go to properties>beta's and choose the alpha or beta build (same for now).

Steam will do a quick update and....

Have fun!

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• You can't download the alpha update from Steam to update your DVD installation.

Aerofly FS2 has to be installed through Steam to change from the release version to alpha or beta build.

You can email IPACS with the purchase info from your DVD release and ask for a free Steam key to install the software from Steam.....

Regards,

Peter Splinter