Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Well, 12 hours of flight time on the new ec135 since it was released in Alpha, and this aircraft is just amazing,(I can't get enough of it) it is by far my favourite helo in any sim and by quite a long shot. Really enjoying cross country flights with it, Unfortunately I have no real life time in this airframe, but I like the model that ipacs produced, it feels like I envesaged a fenstron to feel like, 😊, well done ipacs and thank you once again. Looking forward to our journey through your road map ahead, may aerofly go from strength to strength.

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

• There seems to be a bug in the slip indicator ball as it does not move.

Also the twist throttle whilst it has been bound to the throttle axis you have to move it with the mouse as the throttle axis does not work in the Ec 135.

Any plans to add a double throttle axis in helicopters as it would be fun to get the Komodo double throttle collective!

• Struggling to control the new beauty using my ancient black widow joystick. It was set up fine for the R22 but does not work too well now with the EC 135. In particular the tail rotor control mapped to the rudder does not allow me to stop the machine spinning. Anyone got any tips on setting this up right? Many thanks. Paul

• Struggling to control the new beauty using my ancient black widow joystick. It was set up fine for the R22 but does not work too well now with the EC 135. In particular the tail rotor control mapped to the rudder does not allow me to stop the machine spinning. Anyone got any tips on setting this up right? Many thanks. Paul

Go to settings/controls/Helicopter/ and choose Tail Rotor and see if your rudders are selected?

Make sure expert mode is selected, I had the same issue when it started up first and by default the Prof mode wasn't selected

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

Edited once, last by cgerada (August 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM).

I had the same problem and solved it by ensuring I get some forward speed before applying full collective/throttle to prevent the spin. I assumed the tail rotor does not have sufficient authority to prevent the helicopter spinning under the torque of full collective and throttle.

Thanks guys for your help. Set up perfectly for a flight at LOWI. Even with my old gear this feels real. The new helicopter is a sweet addition to the fleet. I even got to power down after the flight!

• I had the same problem and solved it by ensuring I get some forward speed before applying full collective/throttle to prevent the spin. I assumed the tail rotor does not have sufficient authority to prevent the helicopter spinning under the torque of full collective and throttle.

Correct - if you pull full collective in this machine your engines have gone WAAY into an over-torquing situation and there will not be any way you can stop the yawing to the right. Keep a close eye on the engine gauge as you pull collective - it’ll go into the “Yellow Arc” first and then “Red Line” shortly thereafter.

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• C90 GTx flew KEGE to KMRY fine, except that the AP flew a few degrees west of course from takeoff RWY 25 until the right turn at SXW. The pic shows the track compared to the visual course markers (she was dead on course when I engaged the AP). It's possible that she was flying 253 true instead of 253 magnetic (262 true). She got on course after the right turn and flew fine on AP until final approach when I took over.

Edited 2 times, last by aroos (August 11, 2020 at 8:10 PM).

• FS2 is visually spectacular although exaggerated or incorrect graphics & effects settings & defaults greatly detract from that experience.

I’ve tried quite a few combinations on my setup and seem to have found a balance of realism vs frame rate. Cockpit shadows with some settings & aircraft are particularly exaggerated & unrealistic due in part to over contrast.

Questions:

Why hide these settings in main.mcf ? Why not put them in the UI like say in Settings ? And have several defaults & possibly Auto calibration ?

>

<[int32][graphics_frame_rate][0]>

<[int32][graphics_quality][2]>

<[bool][graphics_use_custom_settings][true]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_texture][2]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_terrain_mesh][2]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_terrain_images][2]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_shadow][4]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_map_resolution][2]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_obj_density][2]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_msaa][2]>

<[bool][graphics_trees_enabled][true]>

<[int32][graphics_quality_tree][2]>

<[vector2_float64][graphics_glass_transparency][0.1 0.75]>

<[bool][graphics_hdr_enabled][true]>

<[float64][graphics_hdr_strength][0.3]>

<[float64][graphics_content_scale_factor][1]>

<[bool][graphics_show_pilot_body][false]>

<[bool][graphics_use_vulkan][true]>

<[bool][graphics_vulkan_mt_display][true]>

<[bool][graphics_vulkan_mt_smr][true]>

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Why hide these settings in main.mcf ? Why not put them in the UI like say in Settings ? And have several defaults & possibly Auto calibration ?

Aerofly FS is designed for beginners to get right in and fly without being overwhelmed by settings and configurations. Having only the basic settings also keeps everyone uniform and to avoid potential performance issues.

Please keep in mind, even though you may be more experienced with flight simulators there are many that are just starting out and would get into trouble quickly if there were many settings to mess with.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Aerofly FS is designed for beginners to get right in and fly without being overwhelmed by settings and configurations. Having only the basic settings also keeps everyone uniform and to avoid potential performance issues.

Please keep in mind, even though you may be more experienced with flight simulators there are many that are just starting out and would get into trouble quickly if there were many settings to mess with.

I wasn't meaning to suggest that all of them should be visible. I'd say Vulkan toggle & Shadow quality wouldn't be likely to get many or any into trouble.

Actually I think HDR toggle makes more sense than Vulkan toggle but possibly both would be helpful to many and not difficult to grasp. Of course I follow your reasoning either way.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

Edited once, last by stratospheric (August 14, 2020 at 9:02 AM).

• Aerofly FS is designed for beginners to get right in and fly without being overwhelmed by settings and configurations. Having only the basic settings also keeps everyone uniform and to avoid potential performance issues.

An advanced graphics menu would be nice.

• Having some trouble with the pedals of EC135. I checked bindings and they seem fine - the R22 is fine. Issues are;

1. Pedal position in the EC135 don't match the pedal position IRL (axis assignments seem ok) Example - when I'm 1/2 full left pedal IRL, I have full left pedal in the EC135

2. On the ground full left pedal increases TRQ to 61.8%, neutral pedals TRQ 13.4% and full right TRQ 19%.

3. Pedals in the EC135 keep moving after I have stopped moving my feet. Example - push a little left pedal, EC135 responds with a little left...then it keeps moving the pedal in the sim until it reaches its stop while my feet are stationary and IRL pedals aren't at the end of their axis.

Sounds like bad axis assignments but I remade them all, any ideas?

• Same for me, i deleted all assignemnts / reassigned and same effect. No double assignments existing.
    (additional information: tested in expert mode)

One other Point: i would like to have lower skids. While landing i touch ground much earlier as i expect, because they ar so 'high'.

Win10-x64 | ASUS X370Pro | Ryzen 5 1600X | G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 | 2TB SSD Samsung 860 | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 |
    ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q 100Hz | TM T.16000M | CH Pro Pedals | CH Flight Sim Yoke | Oculus Rift