Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Dear developers, I don't know what happened to the navigation of the planes, but the A320 does not follow its programmed course.

Suggestion: Follow the A320 track, follow the course correctly, without deviating from the guidelines and the course, including at the inn on the landing on the rnw…

Edited 2 times, last by Andrey Deyvid (August 2, 2020 at 4:25 PM).

• The airports should now be placed in the 'airports' directory and no longer in the 'places' directly. All folders should also be lower case, without white spaces.

Problem definition**: User created airports outside the commercial DLC area's are not appearing on the map or search when created (following syntax info in several messages in this tread) in the folder '/scenery/airports' (for DLC areas there is probably al ready data in de new navigation folder). When these user created airport folders are moved to 'scenery/places' as airports in a lot of DLC packages at this moment, the some airports are visual on the navigation map or via search, but no navigation data (ORIG, RWY, DEP, ARR, APP, DEST) can be filled in for these airports, so no flight plan can be made.

Most of this day I was testing. I removed al the data in the DLC folders and user created areas, so I had a rather clean AFS2 configuration. (I have added my lm.log). I have downloaded 12 FScloudport airports mostly in Europe also some in US (Hawaii). I changed names of folders en tsc's in lowercase and checked other syntax. No airports appeared on the map except for those who where previous* in a DLC package, except for some bigger German airports ( Koln, Frankfurt). From 12 created airports only 5 are recognized during startup --> tm.log 2.88-tmworld_airports: supported airports: 295 (290 airport are in AFS2 us/ch areas)

When I moved the 12 user created airports to the scenery/places folders all the airports appeared on the map and in the search, but no navigation data (ORIG, RWY, DEP, ARR, APP, DEST) for the airports outside DLC area's could be filled in, so no flight plan can be made.

For airports within the DLC areas some data In the new folder navigation seems complementary for data in the tsc for example rwy info, parking locations and some info seems the come from the world_airport file because most airport names differ from sname of lname and ICAO gets extra airport information (for example AMS/EHAM).

No automatic modifications where made in the navigation folder when a new airport was created. Do airport developers have to do some extra conversion so basic airport information will be added to the navigation folder? I'm aware that not all airports will have DEP and ARR info ( SID/STARS).

Regards

Patric

* edited: (bad translation)

** edited Alpha 3 aug: line trough part that is working, extra text in Italic

• It's easier for me to track this here in the same thread (then I can scroll through and see all issues related to this alpha version)

Thank you for the notes, I'll try to adjust the before start accordingly.

• King Air C90 GTx Cold and Dark

C&D is actually much better than before engine start. Although some of the control positions are strange (like Power Lever in Reverse), these are on the before start checklist, so are corrected before starting.

The items that prevented the checklist from running correctly are:

1. Rotating beacon does not light before engine start (minor). FIXED

2. No engine instruments available with Avionics Master OFF. FIXED

3. Left and right Ignition and Start switches swapped around. FIXED (UP to start)

4. Engine will only start if other engine's Ignition and Start switch is fully down (showstopper).FIXED (UP to start)

5. Props do not turn slowly during start with Condition Lever on IDLE CUTOFF (minor).

6. Turning GEN 2 ON after right engine start does not clear R DC GEN and R GEN TIE OPEN warnings. FIXED

These are all described in more detail in my previous post. I just wanted to highlight the key issues for starting from C&D.

Edited once, last by aroos (August 3, 2020 at 7:09 PM).

• 3. Left and right Ignition and Start switches swapped around.

5. Props do not turn slowly during start with Condition Lever on IDLE CUTOFF (minor).

I've fixed most of the issues with the C90.

3. I cannot replicate the start switches being swapped. My left engine starts when I turn on the left ignition start switch and always has.

5. I can try to make the propellers spin more freely. Do you feel like they stop too soon when I turn the engine off?

• I've mixed most of the issues with the C90.

3. I cannot replicate the start switches being swapped. My left engine starts when I turn on the left ignition start switch and always has.

5. I can try to make the propellers spin more freely. Do you feel like they stop too soon when I turn the engine off?

Hi Jan

I think I understand the confusion. The problem is that the ignition/start switches start the aircraft when set to the fully DOWN position, where actually it should be the fully UP position. For reference see the video below. At 1:30 you can see he pushes the switch UP to start the engine.

This confusion caused me to report issues 1 and 2 in post #121. I pushed the ignition/start switch for the right engine UP, and nothing happened. Then when I pushed the start ignition switch for the left engine DOWN, the left started. I assumed that this was some sort of lock-out to prevent both engines from being started simultaneously, and that the right ignition/start switch, which was in the start position, had started the left engine. Whereas actually it was the left switch correctly starting the left engine, but in the wrong (fully down) position. Both issues can be resolved by making the engine start in the UP position.

Also, at 1:33 and again at 2:38 you can see that the prop of the engine being started turns slowly, even though the Condition lever is still set to IDLE CUTOFF. This is because the starter is turning the gas generator turbine compressing air, and the resulting airflow slowly turns the power turbine that turns the prop through the reduction gearbox. This is what I was referring to in point 5. The correct start sequence should be:

Condition lever - IDLE CUTOFF

Ignition/Start Switch - ON (fully UP) - Prop turns slowly, but engine does not fire because it has no fuel.

Confirm N1 12%

Condition lever - LOW IDLE - Engine starts

Confirm N1>51% (and ITT <1080)

Ignition/Start Switch - OFF (centre position)

Generator - ON

Condition Lever - HIGH IDLE (to generate sufficient generator current for second engine start)

Setting the Ignition start switch DOWN - which currently starts the engine - should turn the prop slowly (as described above) but should not start the engine even if fuel is introduced, as the igniters are not enabled. This position, which is labelled "STARTER ONLY" on the panel, is used to clear excess fuel from the engine, and is a momentary position that springs back to OFF (centre) when released. It is not required for a standard start.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited 5 times, last by aroos (August 3, 2020 at 3:15 PM).

• Dear Alpha-Testers,

We updated the Steam Alpha once again.

Please check if your previous issues still exist or if they are now resolved.

Change-Log of today's update, 2020-08-03:

- Fixed User scenery loading

- Fixed C90GTx before start preset switch and lever positions corrected

- Fixed C90GTx electrical and starter switches corrected

- Fixed C90GTx PFD and MFD now correctly triple fed

- Fixed C90GTx navigation light and position lights

- Fixed LJ45 crashed when selecting cold and dark at airports with elevations significantly above sea level

- Added GPS 430 / 530 lateral scaling readout in lower left when not in ENR mode

- Fixed A320 MCDU init page B and fuel prediction values can now be entered

- Fixed FMS/GPS lateral deviation scaling (e.g. in LJ, Q400, C90, Just-Flight aircraft) now computed correctly, should fix too large or even flipped scaling of the CDI needle

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) August 3, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Alpha Update 2020-07-31” to “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Alpha Update 2020-08-03”.
  • Version 2.02.00.05 (20200803)

Thanks for your work improving the update.

The GPS waypoint list names are not visible and when a direct to is attempted the name field remains blank. A waypoint can be entered via a route in the sim navigation program page.

Many thanks for showing the CDI scale and making it real world value, this makes the sim much more enjoyable and usable. If you could do a revision could the enroute phase field be retained and displayed and the CDI scale placed on or near the CDI display as in the real unit.

Here 1.0 nm is indicated either side of the CDI field. Term is shown in the enroute phase window.

Unfortunately the CDI indicates in reverse. The instrument needle and GPS unit CDI display shows fly right for a right track error, guiding the plane further off course. The CDI instrument displays the From flag.

Thanks again for your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

• R22 cold and dark Great, (so happy about this)

but then when starting up and flying to another location, land, shutdown back to cold and dark.

exit the sim, when you start the sim again and click start to continue your flight the R22 is running again. and the cold and dark start is not remembered.

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.