Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Official Post

Dear Aerofly users,

We have published a new open Alpha version for Aerofly FS 2 on Steam and we need your help testing it. To opt into this alpha version please use the channel ‘alpha’ inside your Steam client.

Use this alpha version at your own risk, it might cause crashes and not all things might work as expected.

This Steam Alpha version introduces some major changes to how airports and places are loaded. We have also completely overhauled our code for the location and navigation menu. All airplanes now use a more sophisticated navigation system. This update does not yet include the EC135 helicopter that we announced a couple of days ago.

Startup time and loading performance has been enhanced for very complex sceneries.

Due to the new structure of how airports and places are organized, some existing user sceneries might not work as they do not follow some guidelines. Mostly they do not use a proper identifier or name inside their TSC file. It is recommended to update those TSC files with corrected values.

We would appreciate any feedback for this new Steam Alpha version.

Please leave your feedback down below and include the tm.log file if you encounter issues, thank you!

Detailed change-log:

• Added Location dialog search by airport icao, iata or name
    • Added Location menu map can now zoom in much closer, allowing you to select start positions on the map directly.
    • Added Location dialog option to select cold and dark and before engine start aircraft state for aircraft that support it.
    • Added Navigation dialog search by airport icao, iata or name
    • Added Navigation dialog selection of departures (SIDs), arrivals (STARs) and approaches.
    • Added A320, B747, B777, C90GTx, LJ45, B737, Q400 selection of departures, arrivals and approaches from the (M)CDU devices in the cockpit
    • Added GPS 430 and GPS 530 option to select SIDs, STARs and approaches (available in Just-Flight aircraft)
    • Added LJ45 engines can be shut down (cold and dark startup now available)
    • Added A320 engines can be shut down (cold and dark startup now available)
    • Added A320 new GPWS callouts: too low flap, too low gear, too low terrain, sinkrate, terrain terrain, pull up, don't sink
    • Added A320 new altitude callouts and minimum callouts
    • Added A320 new wind, cockpit background and APU sounds
    • Added C90GTx EFIS avionics upgrade and several working CDU pages
    • Changed Q400 engine control is quicker and on ground the governor now keeps the rotation speed low more aggressively
    • Changed B58 more engine power and more inertia
    • Changed B58 engine sound improved, volume now varies with power
    • Added B58 starter sound
    • Added B58 DME hold function
    • Added Copilot manages pressurization if no user interaction is made, preventing unnecessary caution messages in the aircraft when there is no destination airport set
    • Fixed B777 engines appeared to rotate too slow, visual speed now increased
    • Fixed DME time indication now correct after frequency change, without delay
  • OMG!!! This is by far the greatest news I've heard this whole year😂. Congratulations to everyone especially the entire team at ipacs for making such a dream come true. Operating all these aircrafts from cold and dark and added a more advanced FMS/FMC/MCDU has elevated the standard of the simulator leaps and bounds. Good job guys!!👍 On a seperate note when can we expect the beta for the mobile version?

Edited once, last by Rdx015 (July 30, 2020 at 6:43 PM).

• Due to the new structure of how airports and places are organized, some existing user sceneries might not work as they do not follow some guidelines. Mostly they do not use a proper identifier or name inside their TSC file. It is recommended to update those TSC files with corrected values.

After updating to ALPHA, it looks like I have quite a bit of work to do in order to get my scenery to work.

It appears my XREF and TOC files do not load in SIM.

EDIT: Also many 3D Models

Can we get an example of a change that is needed?

• Initial look is impressive. Lots of much needed and long awaited updates to the NAV and LOC screens. Open GL works fine, Vulcan does not work at all, just the spinning wait circle. Had to use the Task Manager to shut down and reboot.

• Official Post

OMG!!! This is by far the greatest news I've heard this whole year😂. Congratulations to everyone especially the entire team at ipacs for making such a dream come true. Operating all these aircrafts from cold and dark and added a more advanced FMS/FMC/MCDU has elevated the standard of the simulator leaps and bounds. Good job guys!!👍 On a separate note when can we expect the beta for the mobile version?

Thanks ... not all aircraft but more than before :)

I'm not sure if there is going to be a beta for mobile. After this alpha update runs well we're probably going to make a Steam beta. And once that works I think the mobile version will get the release build as well. This is not all set in stone yet, it may happen differently.

• Official Post

After updating to ALPHA, it looks like I have quite a bit of work to do in order to get my scenery to work.

It appears my XREF and TOC files do not load in SIM.

EDIT: Also many 3D Models

Can we get an example of a change that is needed?

Can you please edit your post and attach your tm.log file? Then we may be able to see why the scenery is not being loaded.

The best example can be seen in your Steam directory where Aerofly is installed. The folder scenery now has a sub folder "airports". Each airport folder starts with the airport ICAO like this: scenery/airports/.../icao_*/icao_*.tsc and inside that tsc file the airport ICAO matches that of the folder. When the airport doesn't have a unique 4 letter ICAO you can use a 6 letter fictitious one but the scenery loading will not be as fast. We may prepare an updated SDK soon and a new airport converter that can automatically create these folder names.

• Official Post

Initial look is impressive. Lots of much needed and long awaited updates to the NAV and LOC screens. Open GL works fine, Vulcan does not work at all, just the spinning wait circle. Had to use the Task Manager to shut down and reboot.

Can you please also attach your tm.log file to your original post (edit post, attachments)? Thank you.

We've heard some feedback about issues with the latest drivers graphics card drivers and Vulkan. It may be best to downgrade to an older driver for now while we take a look at what could be the issue.

• Thanks ... not all aircraft but more than before :)

I'm not sure if there is going to be a beta for mobile. After this alpha update runs well we're probably going to make a Steam beta. And once that works I think the mobile version will get the release build as well. This is not all set in stone yet, it may happen differently.

Well that's just great, absolute blown away!!! You guys at ipacs work really hard to bring such content to us and we on the mobile platform are more than happy to wait around for the final complete product instead of a bug infested beta update. However, if I may ask, how long will it be before we see some action on mobile?

• Can you please also attach your tm.log file to your original post (edit post, attachments)? Thank you.

We've heard some feedback about issues with the latest drivers graphics card drivers and Vulkan. It may be best to downgrade to an older driver for now while we take a look at what could be the issue.

Vulcan has never been dependable enough to use on my system so I will just wait and try it again later after some updates. Thanks. I need the latest driver for other things.

• Official Post

Well that's just great, absolute blown away!!! You guys at ipacs work really hard to bring such content to us and we on the mobile platform are more than happy to wait around for the final complete product instead of a bug infested beta update. However, if I may ask, how long will it be before we see some action on mobile?

It depends on how many bugs are found and how quickly we can resolve them. We don't know yet and instead of saying some date, we'll just work until it is finalized.

• Hi Jan,

is there already a version for testing for Mac users?

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• If you have the Steam version for Mac then it should be available for you as well.

Currently I only have the AppStore version 2.4.23 running on my computer. In January I had an additional beta team version for the beta test. If necessary, I'm happy to test it, which can be useful on the Mac, e.g. because of the case sensitivity.

In this context, I think it would be useful to remind to follow the rules for directory and file names during the conversion.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries