Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Here is the Tomahawk inbound to Homestead on the 055 magnetic localiser with the near runway HST VORTAC indicating 049 (true?),

Here is the Arrow overhead homestead with ZBV showing on the VOR list at 078 degrees (true?) at 59.9 nm, it should be 084 degrees magnetic.

The variation at Homested is 6.4 degrees west in January 2017. A true course plus west variation gives magnetic, All the GPS bearings were 6 degrees low. The same was seen with DHP near Miami intl.

The GPS does not indicate the CDI scale in use, it should show 5, 1 or 0.3.

Thanks for the update.

• ok, this is amazing. I found some things:

1) some of the runway numbers match the numbers on the map when "spawning" in or selecting SID and STARS

2) going from KSNA to KSAN on an a320 using a SID and STAR i forgot, the plane went in circles...

3) why the blades still spinning when everything is off, they are spinning slowly.

I haven't found anything big yet, but this update is huge. Thanks.

• Hi AF team, really great work on the new alpha beta, after some test flights on the new 320, I find some small bugs.

one is about the A320 engine starts, it starts too quick in the simulator, about 9 seconds the engine become available. in the real plane it`s much longer than that. I really enjoy the sound of engine start, hope you could make it more longer.

the second one is about the departure route on 320, some times it does not work properly on ECAM and the ND shows the right departure route, but the ECAM does not show these waypoint, so the LNAV directly follows the ECAM`s next waypoint(does not follows the departure route), it only happens once so I forgot to take a screenshot.

hope these could be fixed soon!

An airplane enthusiastic from China :)

• Official Post

Here is the Tomahawk inbound to Homestead on the 055 magnetic localiser with the near runway HST VORTAC indicating 049 (true?),

Here is the Arrow overhead homestead with ZBV showing on the VOR list at 078 degrees (true?) at 59.9 nm, it should be 084 degrees magnetic.

The variation at Homested is 6.4 degrees west in January 2017. A true course plus west variation gives magnetic, All the GPS bearings were 6 degrees low. The same was seen with DHP near Miami intl.

The GPS does not indicate the CDI scale in use, it should show 5, 1 or 0.3.

Thanks for the update.

Thank you, those are the kind of issues we can now iron out with our alpha testing.

• Official Post

Could you please edit your post and add your full route so that we know which departure and arrival you chose? Thanks

• Official Post

Hi AF team, really great work on the new alpha beta, after some test flights on the new 320, I find some small bugs.

one is about the A320 engine starts, it starts too quick in the simulator, about 9 seconds the engine become available. in the real plane it`s much longer than that. I really enjoy the sound of engine start, hope you could make it more longer.

the second one is about the departure route on 320, some times it does not work properly on ECAM and the ND shows the right departure route, but the ECAM does not show these waypoint, so the LNAV directly follows the ECAM`s next waypoint(does not follows the departure route), it only happens once so I forgot to take a screenshot.

hope these could be fixed soon!

Thank you :)

I made sure the engines turned on, the starter may be way too powerful at this time. We don't yet have a bleed air starter and it uses an electrical starter for now. I'll make it slower :)

Good thing it's not the neo or IAE where it takes two minutes to start one engine IRL :D

• ok, this is amazing. I found some things:

1) some of the runway numbers match the numbers on the map when "spawning" in or selecting SID and STARS

2) going from KSNA to KSAN on an a320 using a SID and STAR i forgot, the plane went in circles...

3) why the blades still spinning when everything is off, they are spinning slowly.

I haven't found anything big yet, but this update is huge. Thanks.

Spinning Blades is normal, in real life as well, watch it the next time you fly with an A320 ;)

• ok, isso é incrível. Eu encontrei algumas coisas:

1) alguns números da pista coincidem com os números no mapa ao "desovar" ou selecionar SID e STARS

2) indo de KSNA para KSAN em um A320 usando um SID e STAR i esqueci, o avião foi em círculos ...

3) por que as lâminas ainda estão girando quando tudo está desligado, estão girando lentamente.

Ainda não encontrei nada grande, mas esta atualização é enorme. Obrigado.

Na vida real é assim mesmo, é a ação do vento nas pás. Era o que estava faltando nesse simulador

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• JAN,

Então, a inicialização é muito mais rápida, mas mesmo assim o PC esquenta muito e o FPS cai, mas o problema é o meu pc que não apresenta configurações boas e está velho em breve vou trocar por um melhor.

Alguns bugs na navegação do A320 já foram citados aqui alguns Waypoints não são cumpridos especialmente no procedimento de pouso quando você faz uma curva de 180 graus no pouso mesmo com uma velocidade baixa e abas 2. Eu percebi também que o avião será estabilizado com uma pista no ILS, porém a aeronave desvia um pouco e depois retorna para sua rota. Ainda estou testando mais algumas coisas, pois esse problema de navegação me lembrou um pouco do celular.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• I experienced the new alpha version today, it is really great but there are a few issues that may need improvement.

1.The new navigation system does not work in copilot mode. After takeoff, the mode will automatically set the altitude to 0. The aircraft will fall to the ground after tens of seconds instead of flying along the track.

2.The ILS beacon and automatic landing system failed. After I entered the ils frequency and heading in the MCDU and turned on the dual AP and APPR, the PFD did not display CAT III DUAL or AUTOLAND 3.

3.The PFD and ND of A320 will flicker from time to time. This problem has existed in the previous version (20200520). I speculate that this problem may be related to Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling of Windows 10 2004.

4.The function of the new navigation system makes me impressed, but if my plane is in the air, the navigation system does not seem to guide me to a certain airport, because it seems that it can only be set to go from one runway to another.

Generally speaking, this update is awesome, but some of the above minor issues hope to be fixed as soon as possible, thank you!

XPS 9710 11800H RTX 3060 32G

AORUS Z490 10900K RTX 3080 32G

• On my computer the overall performance got worse, but maybe thats just because of the things added in😅

Edit: While being in the cockpit of the a320 when I look more to the back of the plane (into the seat of the pilot) the performance becomes bad. It seems like the engines cause the lack of performance.

Edited once, last by Pilzkopp (July 31, 2020 at 3:48 PM).

• Official Post

On my computer the overall performance got worse, but maybe thats just because of the things added in😅

Edit: While being in the cockpit of the a320 when I look more to the back of the plane (into the seat of the pilot) the performance becomes bad. It seems like the engines cause the lack of performance.

Where are you flying?

I assume if you look back that there is more scenery.

Looking at the engines doesn't affect the performance in the slightest, that's just a coincidence