Aerofly FS 2 Steam Previous Alpha Builds

• Insane new stuff. I hope they have the GPWS callouts and cold and dark for all the planes! Also when will the update come out for mobile?

• Phase 1 : alpha on PCs

Phase 2 : beta on PCs

Phase 3 : update for all

Something like this. This should bring us to the end of the year at least

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hi. I need some help with new navigation menu. I can create route (like this shown on attached image), but where can i find ILS frequencies of particular runways? In stable version they are clearly visible near runway code, but in Alpha I can not find them - there is only length of each runway.

Anyone?

• Wow wow wow, that new helicopter is SUBLIME!!!!! Sorry I'm late but I don't use the Sim much in Summer time, I mean our SHORT summer.
    Bravo again!!!

It's a beauty isn't it ? I don't think iv loved any other helicopter in any sim as much as im loving this EC135 (even though its not perfect yet and is still being worked on) in it's current state it is still a masterpiece. and it really shows off what a terrific simulator Aerofly FS2 is under the hood. IPACS should take a bow.

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

• I don't think iv loved any other helicopter in any sim as much as im loving this EC135

I have a certain intimate connection with the A320 <3. But, I feel that I may do an exception for this helicopter ;).

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Hey Guys, how can I get the alpha from steam on Mac? Thank you!

Create a free steam account and then select the alpha channel at Aerofly.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I've just tried the alpha build and the EC135 looks really amazing, big thanks IPACS !

But unfortunately I have also some serious troubles with the pedals. There is some kind of latency (visually and in the aircraft reactions) and sometimes the pedals can even freeze ! My controller is the PFS PUMA but I noticed also with my old Logitech Extreme 3D.

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but I have also a big issue with the VR (HP Reverb): in the cockpit the rotation gestures work as usual but all translation gestures (in the 3 axis) don't work any more.

• The EC135 has a yaw damper and if you don't set the profi option to enabled the copilot will assist with the pedals. When you get into an overtorque situation your tail rotor may not be efficient enough to keep the nose straight. Use right pedal and lower the collective and accept the spin to recover. There are real world crashes where the pilots used full left pedal which only makes the torque go up higher and the aircraft falls like a brick.

We have to tweek the tail rotor still so that it uses less power. This may be a characteristic of the fenestrom configuration, being more efficient for higher yaw pitch.

• I noticed that the CPU uses much more power with the Alpha build.

I opted out of alpha to make a comparison.

VersionCPU usage
    Alpha 2020080730 ~35%
    Alpha 20200807 (paused and reduced in task bar)15%
    Release version 2020051515~20%
    Release version 20200515 (paused and reduced in task bar)0%

I can see no performance drop however.

My CPU is I7 4771 @3.5GHZ.

Best, Sylvain

• I can see no performance drop however.

My CPU is I7 4771 @3.5GHZ.

Yes because the CPU doesn't affect the FPS much in aerofly. If it would affect the frame rate a lot then we'd be doing something wrong with our programming. The graphic card should directly affect FPS but not the CPU. When the CPU starts affecting the frame rate then we have some form of bottleneck and we work very hard to avoid those and let the graphics card do its job :)

• So we don't have to worry about the CPU usage? I remember a few years ago, CPU usage was generally below 10% and I never heard the fans turning, now they turn after a few minutes and they keep turning 30 minutes or more after I quit AFS2. So I'm a little bit concerned.

Best, Sylvain

• The EC135 has a yaw damper and if you don't set the profi option to enabled the copilot will assist with the pedals. When you get into an overtorque situation your tail rotor may not be efficient enough to keep the nose straight. Use right pedal and lower the collective and accept the spin to recover. There are real world crashes where the pilots used full left pedal which only makes the torque go up higher and the aircraft falls like a brick.

We have to tweek the tail rotor still so that it uses less power. This may be a characteristic of the fenestrom configuration, being more efficient for higher yaw pitch.

In professional mode it's much better as I don't have anymore the "latency". But the EC135 is still impracticable for me because the right pedal gets stuck very often! In fact it is visually the left pedal which is pushed but the helicopter turns to the right on the yaw axis. If I land (violently but it looks like there is no possible crash with the EC135) the pedals work normally but the problem returns a few seconds after takeoff.

• In professional mode it's much better as I don't have anymore the "latency". But the EC135 is still impracticable for me because the right pedal gets stuck very often! In fact it is visually the left pedal which is pushed but the helicopter turns to the right on the yaw axis. If I land (violently but it looks like there is no possible crash with the EC135) the pedals work normally but the problem returns a few seconds after takeoff.

Yes because the aircraft turns right uncommanded the controller adds left pedal to dampen the rotation but since you are already overtorquing the engine you completely diminish the rotation speed on the tail rotor and it gets less and less efficient. That's why I said right pedal to get out of it "accept the spin" :D