Alpha is better than it seems/claims to be.

• I did a GPS run into Half Moon Bay just using local published waypoints and at JUMBA the glide path needle was alive and so the RNAV RWY 30 procedure with LPV DA (localiser performance with glideslope guidance for a decision altitude) was available even though the navigation page program did not offer approaches into Half Moon Bay. There are approaches available that are not on the menu.

The published waypoints could be updated but it is great to have FS2 transformed so quickly into a serious instrument practise sim.

Thanks for all the hard work with the bugs, it is appreciated.

• This is an alpha too!

I got a bit over enthusiastic about the non menu approach into Half Moon Bay. The run is over high ground so the glide path is a fairly steep 3.5 degrees which is not reflected in FS2, it seems to follow a generic 3 degrees which means that the 3,300 foot limit at the WOHLI final approach fix is missed, FS2 crosses it at about 2,450 feet.

The APP selection did work, here the autopilot is doing a CAT One approach with VPTH following a glide path. This would work very well with normal 3 degree glide paths.

To follow the correct glide path manually 137 knots with a descent rate of 800 fpm should work. Start the descent on the JUMBA TO WOHLI leg at 3,800 feet ten miles from the runway (1.4 miles before reaching WOHLI). The FS2 autopilot in the Learjet is not great at following an entered descent rate.

Edited once, last by Overloaded (August 11, 2020 at 3:58 PM).

• I made another A320 flight today using SID/STAR/APP for KSAN-KSFO.

1. The AP followed the Lateral Nav very well. AP was turned on at +500 ft to see if it would capture the very close to airport SID waypoint.

Altitude was maintained at FL320 and speed was at expected value.

2. The AP failed to follow a sufficient descent to IF CEPIN and as such the aircraft was too high to capture the GS.

3. After ILS was alive on the MCDU I could then see both the Freq and Course on RAD/Nav page.

4. Using HDG a go-around was completed and a final at CEPIN resulted in ILS/GS capture.

The plan:

Aircraft near CEPIN waypoint (too high) should be about 2000ft

• You need to get to a fix at the published altitude, the automatic vertical positioning in FS2 has not been reliable enough. Look up real approaches and STARS and use the real world levels. Plan backwards from the destination.

I have not tried the new FS2 alpha SID and STAR following yet, must see what it is like!

The last fix used in the Arrival is BOLDR. Here are the last three legs to CEPIN, they should be flown at 6,000, 4,000 and 3,000 feet. EDDYY is the initial approach fix and is crossed at exactly 6,000 feet. You have about 2 mins to lose the 2,000 feet in the second leg and about 2 mins to lose the last 1,000 feet to get to the ILS altitude at CEPIN (not below 3,000 feet).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (August 11, 2020 at 5:11 PM).