• I was there last year and the KaiTak-runway was transformed in a cruiseship terminal, no airport-buildings and apron's to recognise anymore.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Don't forget the essential landmark for landing there (see bottom left quadrant of the pict), checkerboard hill.

It also was lit up at night.

Fun stuff, landing jumbo jets like fighter aircrafts.

More info (not talking about me here). Lots of great info and anecdotes in the comments of the video.

I was a tower controller in this era at Kai Tak. The ILS was based at the checkerboard and called an IGS (instrument guidance system). When you got to minimums on the ILS, you either turned and landed if you had the runway in sight, or you turned and started a go around if not visual. Not turning was not an option! Due to the crazy weather in the harbour, landings turned into go arounds often. Cathay Pacific pilots always made this landing look easy because they developed the habit of moving left off the ILS when they were visual and then had more space to do the turn.

• More great videos of the Kai Tak approach:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh I so miss the old 1980s Hong Kong, all of it.

• Colin, you're the best!

I can help with 3D design as you know and feel free to ask if you need, but I don't know how to night texture or frankly how to do anything else including conversion. But I''m sure you can ask someone on the team.

How much of HK exists? Who designed it? Is it all autogen only? Maybe we can make it a group small project (although as you know they always start small and expand quickly, Macao would hardly escape this one I think for example).

Is there an option (or two folders) for if one wants HK today or HK in the 80s? I can try to find docs, I know for a fact (and I'm sure you do too) that the waterfront is significantly different (not even at the same place) and of course that's the essence of having Kai Tak or Chek Lap Kok.

• Colin, you're the best!

I can help with 3D design as you know and feel free to ask if you need, but I don't know how to night texture or frankly how to do anything else including conversion. But I''m sure you can ask someone on the team.

How much of HK exists? Who designed it? Is it all autogen only? Maybe we can make it a group small project (although as you know they always start small and expand quickly, Macao would hardly escape this one I think for example).

Is there an option (or two folders) for if one wants HK today or HK in the 80s? I can try to find docs, I know for a fact (and I'm sure you do too) that the waterfront is significantly different (not even at the same place) and of course that's the essence of having Kai Tak or Chek Lap Kok.

Yes i think having some help on this one will be great . as for the airport iv got that covered. but it will be good to make it like in the 80s . I have got the animation for road traffic on one highway and busy working on doing the other next to the airport . as for models there are loads on 3d ware house to us but it would be nice to have them with night textures . iv been waiting to get this done for some time now but things came up.

May be a small group would be good for this one . as for the auto gen that needs to be cleaned up as some buildings are very thin but that's easy to edit .

;et me now what you think.:)

• Sir brunnobellic,

What happened to the Dubai Project in which you were working? Have you stopped working on that scenery? Or progress is still going on?

A little while ago I tried to work in this scenario and I had a lot of difficulties I will try in the future Dubai is a good scenario just like the others

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .