How to get training (lesson 13)?

• I'm a beginner. Therefore, I want to be trained. I have successfully completed lessons one through twelfth. Lesson 13 - Controlling the engine when pitching and diving. After the coach gave the command "full throttle" and I executed it, nothing happens. I left the simulator for several hours. He rose to 15,000 feet and continued to fly across the continent.

What needs to be done so that the coach would command "We are going down!" ?

• I never used that flightschool section but I think you need to apply full throttle and ascend the plane and then lower the throttle to descend the plane?

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

you need to apply full throttle and ascend the plane

Yes, I'm on full throttle. The plane starts to climb. There are no further commands. If nothing is done, the plane climbs to 15,000 feet and continues in a straight line.

then lower the throttle to descend the plane

If I try to lower the throttle, a red flashing "Full throttle!" appears. If the throttle is not increased, the workout will fail.
    How do you exit this workout successfully?

• I'm a beginner. Therefore, I want to be trained. I have successfully completed lessons one through twelfth. Lesson 13 - Controlling the engine when pitching and diving. After the coach gave the command "full throttle" and I executed it, nothing happens. I left the simulator for several hours. He rose to 15,000 feet and continued to fly across the continent.

What needs to be done so that the coach would command "We are going down!" ?

I tried this lesson and the aircraft only climbed a few hundred feet (to altitude 3470 ft) before the trainer says "I descend now" and instructs me to reduce throttle. The aircraft descends to 3200 ft and the lesson ends. I also tried with reduced throttle on the climb, thinking that perhaps your controller wasn't properly calibrated, but then she just moans at me about not using full throttle but still descends.

I don't know why your system is behaving differently. However, if you want, you can save a backup copy of file mission_progress.tmp in the "Aerofly FS 2" directory under "My Documents". Once you have made a backup copy, you can edit the original (while FS2 is not running) using notepad and find the following lines:

<[mission_info][climb_descent_power][12]

<[float64][HiScore][0]>

<[int32][Stars][0]>

Then change the HiScore and Stars values for this lesson to 1 and 3, like this

<[mission_info][climb_descent_power][12]

<[float64][HiScore][1]>

<[int32][Stars][3]>

save the file and restart FS2. You have just given yourself 100% and 3 stars for the lesson, so it should allow you to continue!

Good luck with your training,

Andrew

Edited once, last by aroos (August 21, 2020 at 10:06 PM).

save the file and restart FS2.

Saved...

You have just given yourself 100% and 3 stars for the lesson

Three stars have appeared.

so it should allow you to continue!

Not. I can’t go further.

Perhaps this is because there are two more elements in the training file:

Code
    <[mission_info][climb][13]
        <[float64][HiScore][0]>
        <[int32][Stars][0]>
    >
    <[mission_info][descent][14]
        <[float64][HiScore][0]>
        <[int32][Stars][0]>
    >
  • In mine, these are subsequent lessons so "completing" lesson 13 (Power for climb and descent) by editing the file then unlocks lesson 14 (Climb). Presumably completing this will then unlock 15 (Descent). I'm using the alpha version but I would expect the release version to behave similarly.