Flight Simulator?

• Aerofly shouldn’t be considered as a flight sim yet...doesn’t have any failures, weather control for rain, snow etc. Doesn’t even have any correct GPWS or warnings. The cockpit interaction only limited. Can’t even turn off the engine or start up the plane. Also the physics are terrible. There is way too much drag. It just pulls you down when you’re coming in for a landing. I’m just pitching my nose up the whole time during final APP. Aerofly is basically just focusing on scenery and the planes looks, not the flight sim part.

Edited once, last by iAlexL (August 21, 2020 at 9:09 PM).

• In my Lynx Mk7 everything in the cockpit is fully interactive apart from the TANS. Engines can be started, stopped and run out of fuel. All systems are simulated as per the real aircraft even the awkward engine/rotor start sequence. So I guess that means...the cockpit interaction only limited

• Depends on your definition of a flight sim. Aerofly has the best flight physics, that clearly makes it a flight sim.

For default aircraft our aircraft have a lot of cockpit interaction.

If you have seen the latest alpha you know that you can shut down the engines in the a320 and lj45 now too, along with many of the piston aircraft and our turboprops and helicopters. We even added a new cold and dark feature.

We're also focussing on aircraft quite a bit, not sure how you got the impression that we don't.

• Aerofly shouldn’t be considered as a flight sim yet...doesn’t have any failures, weather control for rain, snow etc. Doesn’t even have any correct GPWS or warnings. The cockpit interaction only limited. Can’t even turn off the engine or start up the plane. Aerofly is basically just focusing on scenery and the planes looks, not the flight sim part.

Another point let's be serious here, this is a simulator under construction Tell me what is a simulator? Simulator is everything that simulates systems or things of an object in a real way. This one is one of them, but not yet complete.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• Depends on your definition of a flight sim. Aerofly has the best flight physics, that clearly makes it a flight sim.

If you have seen the latest alpha you know that you can shut down the engines in the a320 and lj45 now too, along with many of the piston aircraft and our turboprops and helicopters. We even added a new cold and dark feature.

We're also focussing on aircraft quite a bit, not sure how you got the impression that we don't.

I forgot the mention in the thread that the physics are not good. They have way to much drag and it’s almost impossible to land without a thump. Your aircraft doesn’t even float. I just want one thing new is GPWS or failures.

• I forgot the mention in the thread that the physics are not good. They have way to much drag and it’s almost impossible to land without a thump. Your aircraft doesn’t even float. I just want one thing new is GPWS or failures.

Landing soft is a practice has nothing to do with the physics of the simulator if you want to show you a softer landing possible that is recorded several users speak very well of physics including me. Compare with reality.

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• Aerofly is basically just focusing on scenery and the planes looks, not the flight sim part.

Interesting that this quote describes perfectly the dumpster fire just released by MS/Asobo.

With the strengths of AFS2 as a platform, among them physics/flight modeling, stunning graphics, performance (i.e., FPS) and extensibility, IPACS has a tremendous opportunity here to leapfrog the competition. (A partnership with "some other" global ortho mapping source? Support for easier airport creation?)

-Karl

• I own more then a handful of simulators and still use DCS and XP11 to have more helicopters to choose from but Aerofly has without a doubt the best flight dynamics!

The R22 is the best simulated heli on the consumer market and the planes are hard to land softly as it is in real life...

I am no pilot but I have flown radio controlled acrobatic planes and helicopters for decades and for me this is the best simulator!

For easier landings try the new Microsoft product which is no more then an upgraded FSX engine from a decade ago....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• If the "physics are not good" you can always adjust them for yourself, here are just some of the hundreds if not thousands of values you can change for the 777

<[airfoil][AirfoilRoot][]

<[float64][Cl0][0.25]>

<[float64][Cd0][0.005]>

<[float64][Cm0][-0.01]>

<[float64][ClAlpha][6.28]>

<[float64][CdAlpha][0.4]>

<[float64][CmAlpha][0.08]>

<[float64][ClFlap][2.6]>

<[float64][CdFlap][0.3]>

<[float64][CmFlap][-1.3]>

<[float64][Cd0Base][0.005]>

<[float64][ClAlphaBase][2.4]>

<[float64][CdAlphaBase][1.4]>

<[float64][CmAlphaBase][-0.3]>

<[float64][ClFlapBase][1.0]>

<[float64][AttachedCenter][-0.032]>

<[float64][AttachedRange][0.22]>

<[float64][StallRange][0.25]>

<[float64][AttachedCenterFlap][0.1]>

>

Of course an understanding of aerodynamics will help

• Very true, the nuts and bolts are not for the lay people but it does prove it's a flight simulator as everything in that entry relates to how a real airfoil works

It also proves it is open to adjustment should the OP wish to, not recommended I agree but the option is always there

• 1.It is called flight simulator, not aircraft failure simulator

2.A320 is now providing GPWS, and it’s better than any default models in XP11, P3D etc.

3.Many of the aircrafts provide option to start cold and dark and engine can certainty be turned off.

4.I’m sure you know very little about what aerodynamics mean. Whatever you preferred as a real “flight simulator” doesn’t provide aerodynamics better than Aerofly in a perceivable scale by non-professional users.

5.Don’t blame your hard landing to the sim, blame your maneuvering. In fact the high frame rate in Aerofly gives you better control of the aircraft when it comes to subtle control. You certainly can’t perform a beautiful landing in a 20fps- orbx TE KSEA in XP11.

Certainly the best helicopter physics of any sim.

• I forgot the mention in the thread that the physics are not good. They have way to much drag and it’s almost impossible to land without a thump. Your aircraft doesn’t even float. I just want one thing new is GPWS or failures.

Wie es aussieht sind Sie Pilot, darum Bitte ich Sie... Leute von IPACS mit Ihren Fachwissen zu unterstützen.:D

Edited 2 times, last by NE-76 (August 22, 2020 at 11:36 AM).

• Don’t blame your hard landing to the sim, blame your maneuvering. In fact the high frame rate in Aerofly gives you better control of the aircraft when it comes to subtle control. You certainly can’t perform a beautiful landing in a 20fps- orbx TE KSEA in XP11.

Precisely right. Knowing the aircraft, airport, ie. wx, pressure altitude, ground effect, spoiler efficiencies if equipped, sink rate at throttle approaching idle etc & so much more in the realm of airmanship. To me that seems well duplicated in AF2 with aircraft types I've flown. Next most important factor - frame rate. So having flown XP, AF and real for years, AF2 feels more like reality not even considering the huge VR frame rate advantage in AF2. Realistic SIDs & STARSs, traffic, ATC, dynamic wx etc & just maybe there'd be no question as to which is maximum reality.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Além disso, a física é terrível. Há muito arrasto. Isso simplesmente puxa você para baixo quando você está chegando para pousar. Estou apenas levantando meu nariz o tempo todo durante o APP final. Aerofly é basicamente focar no cenário e na aparência dos aviões, não na parte do simulador de vôo.

Are you sure what are you doing?

Edited once, last by cristianodesa (August 22, 2020 at 4:01 PM).

• From my first experience of Aerofly FS in mobile seven years ago I was impressed with the authentic (I have flown a wide range of types) aeroplane feel of the sim. Hopefully the forum and beta feedback helps with Aero development, it is great to see IPACS listening and adjusting new sim features. New Aerofly versions continue with the nice aeroplane feel and consistently improve and expand the sim complexity.

Aerofly satisfies my PC and mobile flight sim needs, it gets right the most important part of a sim in my opinion, aircraft response and handling. I will not be looking elsewhere.

• We appreciate everyone's opinion regardless of good or bad, and we take note of where individuals see fault, however, the OP's statements are subjective.

Please don't turn this thread into a long running debate over whether Aerofly is a sim or not.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• 1.It is called flight simulator, not aircraft failure simulator

2.A320 is now providing GPWS, and it’s better than any default models in XP11, P3D etc.

3.Many of the aircrafts provide option to start cold and dark and engine can certainty be turned off.

4.I’m sure you know very little about what aerodynamics mean. Whatever you preferred as a real “flight simulator” doesn’t provide aerodynamics better than Aerofly in a perceivable scale by non-professional users.

5.Don’t blame your hard landing to the sim, blame your maneuvering. In fact the high frame rate in Aerofly gives you better control of the aircraft when it comes to subtle control. You certainly can’t perform a beautiful landing in a 20fps- orbx TE KSEA in XP11.

I play on 120?