• How’s it going everyone! So recently I’ve been playing Aerofly with my PS4 controller and I’ve found it difficult to get the view that I want. I’ve spend minutes clicking L1 L2 to get to the view I want. I wanted to suggest if its possible to keep the view icon in the game to make it faster/easier to access the views. Which can then leave L1 and L2 as trim up/down.

• I need help too.

I love the controller function (PS4) and can perform most functions -

But i am completely struggling with engaging reverse thrust and braking!! On the A320.

I basically cannot stop!!

The left up/down button increases/decreases thrust but no reverse.

And i have no clue how to brake!!

Help

• You brake by pressing both rudder pedals at the same time - and roughly the same amount. This can be tricky, sometimes it feels like there is a threshold value that decides whether you brake or want to use rudder/wheel steering, especially with light aircraft.

You can activate reverse thrust in airplanes (that have that capability) by pressing the down button for a longer time or again after thrust is down to zero (not sure) , but it definitly works, but only up to 60 knots or something, I think.

• All functions can be assigned a key. Views, toggle reverse, and even breaking. You can assign brakes as together or separate. Once you toggle reverse thrust you need to hold it. If you have it assigned as a button, press and hold. If it’s on an axis, hold it down or at max. I have it as a button on my throttle quadrant but pushing it down.

You can assigns Brakes as left and right or together in the controller setting.

• You brake by pressing both rudder pedals at the same time - and roughly the same amount. This can be tricky, sometimes it feels like there is a threshold value that decides whether you brake or want to use rudder/wheel steering, especially with light aircraft.

You can activate reverse thrust in airplanes (that have that capability) by pressing the down button for a longer time or again after thrust is down to zero (not sure) , but it definitly works, but only up to 60 knots or something, I think.

Really useful madpat, thanks!

I managed a nice 3 landings this morning using rudder (25kt crosswind) and reverse/brakes..

All worked well. On A320 For reverse i dropped throttle to zero and then kept pressing. By magic it went into reverse - but yesterday it didnt.

I can only think of 2 differences:

1) I had autobrake set to MED this time

2) I landed with autothrottle engaged

Yesterday both were off! Could that be it?

PS: i love flying Aerofly 2020 with the PS4 controllers. Sure beats the virtual yoke or tilting ipad.

Well done Aerofly

• I have just read that iPadOS14 is about to be rolled out. This will much better support game controllers, even the Xbox Elite Wireless with its additional paddles. It also allows button remapping. I can't imagine this works without the app supporting it. Will the new update for mobile be ready for that? That would be awesome!

• I received my Xbox Wireless Elite 2 Controller yesterday. Working fine with the iPad, although in the OS customizing options the additional paddle buttons do not appear. Hope this will be fixed in one of the next OS updates. Within Aerofly, the paddle buttons (they are not analog, "only" digital buttons) now work as A/B/X/Y buttons, so no real benefit, but that isn't expected until Aerofly supports button mapping. Except: gear up/down is now much more comfortable since you don't need to take off your thumb from the right stick to press X or awkwardly use a finger from the left hand, but it it can be triggered by accident now with the paddle.

Other things that come with the Elite controller are really appreciated, like changeable sticks (longer travel for more precision), three-step-friction adjustment (don't expect miracles here, but it is noticable) and better grip. Also, internal charging. But hey, this should not become an advertisement.

I repeat myself, but I'd really appreciate if Aerofly could introduce controller button mapping incl. those four additional of the Elite 2 pad. :)

Patrick

• Since controller button mapping unfortunately did not make it into the fabulous new update, can someone from or close to iPacs give me a hint if that's even on the mobile agenda? I admit it may only be interesting for a part of the mobile community, but for a simulator this is just a must-have.

Thanks,

Patrick