Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release EC135 now available!

• With me it works without problems.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hello, is it Orbx Innsbruck? Sorry for the offtopic, but how is the framerate? Recently bought Paris from France VFR, but it is unplayable in VR :( Now I try to get some ffedback on that before purchasing...

For Paris and Netherlands I had to upgrade to a GTX1660 Super with 6GB VRAM, before that I had a GTX1060 with 3GB VRAM. The older 3GB VRAM card did well with good framerates at Orbx Innsbruck. Depending on your PC it can help a lot to put shadows on low if needed....

fpsVR (Steam) is a great tool to see in VR the load on CPU, GPU and VRAM.

Orbx scenery are often cheaper at Orbx compared to Steam......

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Hi,

I'm unable to load any third party aircraft with latest beta (20200829).

My p2008, krisk's or just flight, all give an endless list of geometry not found errors in the tm.log.

Best, Sylvain

• Is the oge hover correct with this model,according to the real ec 135 pilots who tested? Just curious cause I see it has less power now and oge hover at 7000ft is not alway attainable.

I Did a few autos with it and it auto rotates beautifully. Was also wondering if anyone knows what the second knob (next to the vent knob) that you turn on the upper panel is for? When you turn it to Max, you get a green message “bleed air" come up on the display? Vortex ring also seems to be simulated very well. Really loving this EC 135. It is now my favourite favourite (any sim)

The worst day of flying still beats the best day of real work.

• I'm unable to load any third party aircraft with latest beta (20200829).

My p2008, krisk's or just flight, all give an endless list of geometry not found errors in the tm.log.

Yep, same for me. Funny thing, the Arrow III is the only plane which loads at my end and for Sylvain it doesn't work.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) Jan, if you are around; I'll answer you later tonight or latest tomorrow noon.

Kai

• Thanks IPACS for that new build, it has solved my 2 issues !

First my Reverb works normally with the support of the 6 axes (with the alpha build only rotation axes was working, not the translations ones).

Secondly the pedals of the EC135 no longer go nuts when you are in overtorque. I now understood that it was necessary to be careful with the overtorque (much more than with the R22) but with the alpha I could not get out of it, even by fully pressing the right pedal and lowering the collective. But now with the beta build I can not even trigger the problem, even by fully pressing the left pedal in overtorque. And for me it's much better this way! :)

BTW there is no more pro mode for the EC135?

I forgot to specify that now that I no longer have these yaw problems the EC135 is a pure marvel, what a pleasure to ride and what power!

It really provides other sensations than with the R22 but just as jubilant. They both form a magnificent couple for AFS2 and for helicopter lovers in general :love:

• First of all - congratulations to the IPACS team for pulling off the massive feat that the EC135 represents! I am in awe of the whole team for bringing this modern helicopter to the community, as an INCLUDED aircraft in the AFS2! This simulator now represents the best VR-heli experience available to the casual home user and I bet it will drive a horde of new users to the platform.

There is just one thing I would like the team to have another look at in the flight model - the rather large difference in lift between Hover In Ground Effect (IGE) and Hover OUT of Ground effect (OGE)? As it currently is - when approaching a landing and getting within what the flight model defines as being IN ground effect the increase in lift is massive and there is no "ramp up". For instance - when slowly moving forward from an "OUT of ground effect hover, for instance when approaching almost in level flight towards the roof of a high-rise building. When approximately half the rotor diameter is over the roof surface, there is no warning or "build-up" of an increase in lift, but it is very noticeable that the flight modelling suddenly changes a single parameter, and the helicopter "lurches" into the air, requiring an immediate large reduction in collective. I am a professional (fixed-wing mind you, so the hover "purists" may well argue it hardly counts;-)) pilot and fully realize that there is SOME difference and I also totally understand that the developers are aware of this and have included it in the modelling. My request however, is that they look again at the WAY this is modeled and - if possible - have a look at a more sophisticated and gradual build-up of lift, when translating into a steady Hover IN Ground Effect. At a very minimum the difference in lift provided between IGE and OGE should be reduced.

And just to re-iterate - this is a very minor issue, and does NOT detract from what I believe is the best and most sophisticated rotary wing expereince available to the home enthusiasts!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• First of all - congratulations to the IPACS team for pulling off the massive feat that the EC135 represents! I am in awe of the whole team for bringing this modern helicopter to the community, as an INCLUDED aircraft in the AFS2! This simulator now represents the best VR-heli experience available to the casual home user and I bet it will drive a horde of new users to the platform.

There is just one thing I would like the team to have another look at in the flight model - the rather large difference in lift between Hover In Ground Effect (IGE) and Hover OUT of Ground effect (OGE)? As it currently is - when approaching a landing and getting within what the flight model defines as being IN ground effect the increase in lift is massive and there is no "ramp up". For instance - when slowly moving forward from an "OUT of ground effect hover, for instance when approaching almost in level flight towards the roof of a high-rise building. When approximately half the rotor diameter is over the roof surface, there is no warning or "build-up" of an increase in lift, but it is very noticeable that the flight modelling suddenly changes a single parameter, and the helicopter "lurches" into the air, requiring an immediate large reduction in collective. I am a professional (fixed-wing mind you, so the hover "purists" may well argue it hardly counts;-)) pilot and fully realize that there is SOME difference and I also totally understand that the developers are aware of this and have included it in the modelling. My request however, is that they look again at the WAY this is modeled and - if possible - have a look at a more sophisticated and gradual build-up of lift, when translating into a steady Hover IN Ground Effect. At a very minimum the difference in lift provided between IGE and OGE should be reduced.

And just to re-iterate - this is a very minor issue, and does NOT detract from what I believe is the best and most sophisticated rotary wing expereince available to the home enthusiasts!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

At the moment the height above ground for the ground effect is sampled at one point, which is why it jumps up when you fly over an edge. But that's the same in the R22 and not a new issue.

• At the moment the height above ground for the ground effect is sampled at one point, which is why it jumps up when you fly over an edge. But that's the same in the R22 and not a new issue.

Thanks for the response Jan. I appreciate that it is not a new issue, but the perceived effect on the EC135 is larger - by a big margin - than I have ever experienced it to be on the R22. I love the R22 as well and my post above is only attempted to be constructive commentary and not a criticism.

Best - Eivind

Flying A330 as a day-job and enjoy VR-flying with PIMAX 5k+. NextLevelRacing v.3 Motion platform, Watercooled and overclocked i9-9900k, 32Gb 3600RAM, Samsung 970EVO Pro 2Tb m.2, nVidia RTX-2080Ti FE, Thrustmaster HOTAS, VKB pedals, Cockpitforyou motorised throttle quadrant, Precision Flight Controls Jetliner column

• Hi,

I'm unable to load any third party aircraft with latest beta (20200829).

RE: DR 400 cold&dark available for download

• The altitude report of the A320 during landing seems to be restored to the Aerofly standard callout instead of Airbus callouts. Is this a known issue?

I realized same here.

Congrats, Ipacs. The A320 is already perfect now. With the right callouts and starting the engines a little less quickly (and with more specific sounds), it will be perfect... TY!!!

• Jan, I was looking the new MS Flight Simulator. It's impossible not to compare, and I realized how the clouds does the different in the general graphics.

Any chance to new clouds, even new textures?

The first rule of FS2 Club is you do not talk about MSFS Club !!!

But since you already have lol they may be pretty clouds but you can't fly through them inverted. Next!!

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F