Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release EC135 now available!

• Is the current beta causing more problems with 2 GB graphics cards?

Recently I have had to try the August 6th alpha threads downgrades of the graphics settings to medium with no trees and still have trouble loading the more complex planes when in the New York scenery. I also get a consistent crash flying 10 miles south of Denver in the LearJet.

Is this just what should be expected with a 2 GB graphics card?, I realise that my GTX 950 is cheap and quite old and I don’t mind it being left behind.

I normally have all the nav radios tuned in, often with a route loaded. Weather is often foggy. Does this increase the program load significantly?

• Overloaded: We recently encountered a small issue with Intel GPU's using Vulkan and have uploaded a new version to Steam. You might want to try this with your NVIDIA card and see if that improves anything.

Wow that's a vast improvement! Not exactly sure but possibly up to +10 fps to around ~50 fps in animated Palm Springs with maxed out Ultra 100% graphic settings on a MacBook Pro with Intel UHD Graphics 630 & Radeon Pro Vega 20.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Overloaded: We recently encountered a small issue with Intel GPU's using Vulkan and have uploaded a new version to Steam. You might want to try this with your NVIDIA card and see if that improves anything.

The problem of irregular flashing of A320 PFD and ND is still unresolved. When using copliot, the final approach phase cannot be aligned with the runway and the HUD will flicker frequently during landing. Are these problems known?

XPS 9710 11800H RTX 3060 32G

AORUS Z490 10900K RTX 3080 32G

• Version 01 09 20200926

Still got a crash in NYC with thick fog at night in a F-18 with TACAN working and graphics quality back at high/ultra. My PC monitoring showed an increase in RAM usage at the same time that the graphics shared memory had been raised for a while.

The extreme right of the charts is the few seconds immediately after FS2 crashed to windows. Windows 10 had just reappeared when I captured the screen.

CPU and GPU usage are normally both at 100%

Would graphics shared memory and dumps to the pagefile work better if FS2 was on my SSD? I had been advised to put it on a (hybrid)HD about 3 1/2 years ago.

This is what I got sometimes yesterday with the previous beta, the addresses were consistent.

Later, starting (high-ultra) FS2 with the Learjet at Denver gave a crash to windows, it looked more like a RAM/shared GPU memory clash. Again this is an old GTX 950 2 GB graphics card, I understand if FS2 needs to move on from the original published specifications.

The 737 at Denver gave a more dramatic memory peak when the load crashed. This was VULKAN & adv aliasing.

Open GL loaded OK, here is the task manager pic.

please forgive the boring post.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded (September 28, 2020 at 6:52 PM).

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) October 6, 2020 at 1:33 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Beta Update EC135 - 2020-09-03” to “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Beta Update EC135 - 2020-10-06”.
  • Hello everyone,

We update the Aerofly FS 2 Steam Beta yesterday evening.

The latest changes are:

- Fixes to the autopilot steering lateral and vertical

- Fixes to the copilot route mode

- Fixed critical issue when selecting a destination runway in the B737, LJ45 or Q400 CDU arrival page that cause a simulator crash

- Changes to the German and French translations for the texts in the location menu

- Improvements to the EC135 including more sounds and better handling with autopilot engaged. The autopilot is now on per default, as per real world procedure.

If you guys find any other critical issues please report them. Otherwise we will move forward and push this Beta version into the release channel soon.

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS), may I dare to ask the question... how about iOS?

That's a different topic and the question has been answered several times now. We will send it off shortly. Android users already have the latest features in a beta because there the validation process is much shorter. Please be a bit patient because we don't exactly know how long the verification will take.

• hey jetpack stop trashing my stuff for no apparent reason i did nothing wrong and if you have a problem with me dont be trying to intimidate me i just joined yesterday all i said was hi just stop please leave me alone kindly said have a good day or night😊

GEO AVIATION

Edited once, last by Geo001YT (October 6, 2020 at 10:38 PM).

• Sir Jet-Pack, Can you please bring VULKAN Support for MX110 in the next update?. Please Sir, it's a kind request.😭😭

Best Regards,

Pratik

• hey jetpack stop trashing my stuff for no apparent reason i did nothing wrong and if you have a problem with me dont be trying to intimidate me i just joined yesterday all i said was hi just stop please leave me alone kindly said have a good day or night😊

What is a thread with the word "hi" supposed to be? That is not a topic. Please ask a full question which other users may be searching for in the future.

• Sir Jet-Pack, Can you please bring VULKAN Support for MX110 in the next update?. Please Sir, it's a kind request.😭😭

I'm afraid that is not in my hand. There are many graphics cards out there and if we add work arounds for each particular driver limitation we would do only that for the rest of time. I'll ask the higher-ups again but I can't promise that we can fix it. We'd need a test device first I think.

• Hello Jet-Pack.

Thank you for the update. For me, as I reported recently, imho there are still some major issues in A320 that keep me out of flying this aircraft realistically, or at least from enjoying it:

- Lack of TOC/TOD arrows in ND and indications in MCDU F-PLN page ->you have to guess where to start the descent

- Strange behaviour when starting in a parking position from cold and dark or engines started: the FCU ALT windows seems to show the actual elevation of the airport. Same happens in INIT page of MCDU, where CRZ FL is not allowed to be modified.

Please, please, check this before porting the beta version to stable.

Best regards.

• The TOC/TOD is a known issue that will be addressed in a bit I hope.

FCU alt should show field elevation on power-on, that is like in the real world. I'm not 100% sure if it always shows 00100 or the actual field elevation. But it doesn't remember the last setting during power loss I'm pretty sure. Correct me if you have better sources than the videos I found online (NON-simulator!)

Crz alt can only be edited when the FROM/TO fields are set. That is also intended behavior.

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) October 7, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Beta Update EC135 - 2020-10-06” to “Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release EC135 now available!”.
  • The EC135 update has now been released to the Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release channel as well as the iOS and Android Aerofly FS 2020 versions.

We've added a new blog-entry here:

New EC135 helicopter now available on Steam Release, iOS and Android versions!

Please keep posting your comments and feedback here :)

• The EC135 update has now been released to the Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release channel as well as the iOS and Android Aerofly FS 2020 versions.

We've added a new blog-entry here:

New EC135 helicopter now available on Steam Release, iOS and Android versions!

Please keep posting your comments and feedback here :)

I'm now noticing many many improvements not only the EC135 but mostly the EC135 :thumbup:

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F