Aerofly FS 2 Steam Release EC135 now available!

• Hi. I have one question about new great EC135. How to turn on MCDU. Other screen have ON/OFF buttons, but I can not find any for MCDU. It is off both if I start helicopter manually or in „ready for departure state”. What am I doing wrong?

• I haven't been here for a few weeks, but, today I started up the sim and loaded the EC-135. Nice new additional liveries. Thanks for that. I have dorked up my controller settings for the helicopter somehow. I wish to use the simplest setup for flying the EC-135 with the Saitek x52Pro and Saitek Combat Pedals. Can someone give me some pointers?

I see the Flight Info Panel has the speed of the EC-135 a little messed up. A simple takeoff and it show me going more than100 knots within a few seconds. It looks more like 20 knots to me.

Anyway, thanks for the update and thanks for the new EC-135 liveries. btw my ver is 2.05.03.03 (20201007).

Regards,

Ray

• Any spring centred Joystick will also do just fine for the EC

and if you have a split throttle on the left (joystick on the right), you can use the throttle for collective control by reversing the control setting so when you pull the throttle toward you (plane idle) you get collective UP.

• Thanks. That's something I can see in my future :)

• I haven't been here for a few weeks, but, today I started up the sim and loaded the EC-135. Nice new additional liveries. Thanks for that. I have dorked up my controller settings for the helicopter somehow. I wish to use the simplest setup for flying the EC-135 with the Saitek x52Pro and Saitek Combat Pedals. Can someone give me some pointers?

I see the Flight Info Panel has the speed of the EC-135 a little messed up. A simple takeoff and it show me going more than100 knots within a few seconds. It looks more like 20 knots to me.

Anyway, thanks for the update and thanks for the new EC-135 liveries. btw my ver is 2.05.03.03 (20201007).

Regards,

Ray

If you overtorque it you can easily accelerate very quickly :)

The speed is indicated correctly.

• The profile of descent seems to go to sea level at 4 Nm in front of the runway, whatever the airport elevation

What route did you select because I did not see this issue at all in any of our tests?

Hi.

The fact, whatever the route.

But, what I meant is when descending under 10000 ft, the A320 goes far under the V/DEV (altitude green dot) in DES mode. As if you had pulled the altitude button to make an OPEN DES at this moment. But DES is well displayed.

I hope it could help.

20 Regards regards ;) 10...

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• and if you have a split throttle on the left (joystick on the right), you can use the throttle for collective control by reversing the control setting so when you pull the throttle toward you (plane idle) you get collective UP.

Hola Ray

Well, what Keven… says works correctly, but it seems more logical to me that the throttle lever works the opposite of what Keven said: that when you accelerate, the helicopter goes up. It works very well for me.

¡¡A SUPERB MACHINE!!

Regards: Delfin

• Hi.

The fact, whatever the route.

But, what I meant is when descending under 10000 ft, the A320 goes far under the V/DEV (altitude green dot) in DES mode. As if you had pulled the altitude button to make an OPEN DES at this moment. But DES is well displayed.

I hope it could help.

20 Regards regards ;) 10...

Did you set the altitude to zero then pull the knob? That's not how you should fly the approach!
    Use the APPR button to engage the APP NAV and arm the FINAL mode. Once both modes are engaged the autopilot is in FINAL APP mode.

Can you please show me a screenshot just before you hit the ground from inside the cockpit? I would like to see which autopilot modes were engaged.

And if you can please attach a second screenshot showing the route.

Thank you :)

• Hola Ray

Well, what Keven… says works correctly, but it seems more logical to me that the throttle lever works the opposite of what Keven said: that when you accelerate, the helicopter goes up. It works very well for me.

¡¡A SUPERB MACHINE!!

Regards: Delfin

Yes that is more intuitive for most users that transition between airplanes and helicopters.

I clamped my throttle quadrant to my chair and then I can pull the lever towards me like a handbrake :D

• Did you set the altitude to zero then pull the knob? That's not how you should fly the approach!

Always push it with the first constraint of an ILS approach as a target altitude. From DECELERATE (because no T/D arrow for the moment).

The plane follows the green dot descent profil and suddenly (under 10000 ft, maybe after de waypoint) the green dot decent profile vanished upper. As if the profile of descent suddenly changed. The green dot descent profile reaches the top the altitude PFD strap.

The plane reaches the altitude before the waypoint/constraint (a few Nm before).

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• The cheap old Saitek AV8R joystick has semi vertical twin throttles at the back, great for helicopter. Used to do manual throttle on the R 22, seems the R 22 governor control is a bit funny recently.

(Normal now after re-assigning the collective and throttle axes. Governor selection is via keyboard/switches).

Edited once, last by Overloaded (October 10, 2020 at 11:24 PM).

• I'm afraid that is not in my hand. There are many graphics cards out there and if we add work arounds for each particular driver limitation we would do only that for the rest of time. I'll ask the higher-ups again but I can't promise that we can fix it. We'd need a test device first I think.

Thanks Sir for your Hearty Reply.

Sir, if you won't mind you can use my PC(Laptop) as your Test Device. I will be happy to assist you with that.

As when I saw that X-Plane Vulkan runs smoothly on my MX110 and Aerofly doesn't I really got Upset. For this I asked you.

If you need my Device to assist you. I am ready Sir.:):)<3

Best Regards,

Pratik

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

About the descent profile reaching sea level.

I kind of found why. But I don’t know how to reproduce it.

Sometimes, often, there’s no altitude constraints at origin runway and at destination runway in the MCDU F- PLN. It just happened to me from Denver to Aspen. If you manually set those altitudes in the flight plan in the MCDU, it seems to be back ok.

BUT, when descending, the original sea level altitudes are still set in mind of the A320. The plane wants to reach the profile that must be 5400 or 7600 feet lower.

I aborted the flight.

• Did some testing with the release version of the EC135T1, great work! Attached is a short video of testing the AP upper modes, flight around my under-development EFTU/Turku scenery.

Considering liveries, will it be possible to create custom ones?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi,

I notice that there is now an EC135 helicopter. Is that only for the Steam users? I have an retail/download version of Aerofly FS 2 version 2.04.09.25 and for now I have no update for this?

MolrikE

As Jet-Pack has announced, Non-Steam users will have to wait a bit longer for this update, because these channels are more difficult to update, which takes more time. But if you want, you can convert your license to a Steam license using the official support of aerofly. Just like that I did two days ago. The aerofly support was so kind to change my download key of the aerofly FS 2 (from Aerosoft) into a Steam license. Now I'm very happy to join the update and I'm excited about the new developments. Thanks to the support of aerofly! :thumbup::)

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version, Intel Core i7 3770, 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 1050 ti

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

Subject: A320 MCDU F-PLN no constraints at origin and at destination (iOS/iPadOS 14 up to date)

I tried Cold&Dark yes/no, setting departure or arrival yes/no. No change. I’ll remain focused whenever I have a case OK with constraints.

Maybe that this issue is the reason of the T/D weird behavior.

I did screenshots of a 100% failing case. The MCDU contains altitude under the ground, probably based at sea level.

(Please note that it is a quick flight plan and that I know it is completely out of reality)

Thank you