• Hello Sir Jet-Pack

Sir, Can you confirm whether at this moment Aerofly(PC) has the capability to render Volumetric Clouds like what we see in the all new Microsoft Flight Simulator?

I mean I am really very much confused whether Aerofly(PC) has the power to do it or still it needs to go a lot in order to render those clouds.

The Default Clouds now looks so unrealistic after Microsoft Flight Simulator came out.

Please Sir can you kindly confirm that?

Best Regards,

Pratik

• As mentioned we do use an external library for our clouds at the moment. Those are not volumetric.

Volumetric clouds don't need to have a big performance impact per see and I don't think they have a massive performance impact on "the other sims". Saying that the volumetric clouds would cause disastrous performance isn't really telling the whole truth. In case we do change the clouds one day we may get a performance increase just by switching from an external library to our own internal and more optimized rendering techniques. At the moment we don't have full control over the rendering performance of the clouds but when we implement our own we will.

We may add volumetric clouds in the future or we may not. This is not decided yet but with the new rendering techniques like ray tracing there is great uncertainty how much performance impact new clouds may have. One thing is for sure: We want to keep excellent performance on mobile and for VR and we will do our best to provide a good quality and performance at the same time.

• Thank you Jet-Pack (IPACS), I've already said it before, but this forum is a very lovely place because you answer the questions. You are not hidden behind the forum. And believe me it's not the case of all, I especially thinking about the most detestable one.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Can clouds be more or less on/off when flying through them if changes are made? Shimmering deeply translucent wispy things are pretty but they are also very fake. Solid blanket (boring) stratus would be more typical also.

From what I've seen of MS cumulus clouds they look cartoon gamey to me. Remember the clouds out the windows, they are not misty, milkey zones, they have edges!

• Can clouds be more or less on/off when flying through them if changes are made? Shimmering deeply translucent wispy things are pretty but they are also very fake. Solid blanket (boring) stratus would be more typical also.

From what I've seen of MS cumulus clouds they look cartoon gamey to me. Remember the clouds out the windows, they are not misty, milkey zones, they have edges!

I agree that clouds should have a nice contrast to the surrounding. Cumulus clouds should have very sharp borders and should not be a semi transparent object. Flying through the clouds should completely remove all visibility of the surrounding and I want to almost not be able to see my wing tips :)