a320 adding custom sound

• I am have some sound files I want to convert to tsb. I know what the fall, half, and idle sound effects are among others.

Here is a list of of the names I don't know what they mean or correspond to because I want to add and replace most sounds:

full_buzz (is this the humming when the plane is on?) edit: on the ground

cabin_call (I am assuming this is the DING sound that isn't loud in the sim)

cockpit_background (no clue) AC Background noice?

detent

generator_contractor_off/on (is this the APU, if so, I am happy with the sound and won't replace it)

ground_roll (I am assuming this is the in cabin sound when the aircraft is taxiing)

skid (is this the touchdown sound effect)

where can I find:

door sound effect

ignition sound effect

can I get these answered soon because I want to start converting!

Also, how long should the sound effect be? Especially for the engines?

Thanks

Dean Bartolome :)

Edited 2 times, last by DeanAngelo03 (September 22, 2020 at 5:19 AM).

• full_buzz is the fan buzzing noise at full power. The engine roar.

cabin_call is the ding dong noise that sounds when you push the cabin call button in the overhead panel.

cockpit_background is the background noise you hear inside the cockpit. Mainly avionics fan noise. You can hear it best when the engines and APU are off and the ground power is on.

generator_contactor is the sound of the electrical switches (contactor) as you switch generators. If you turn the generators on/off it does a loud klonk sound.

ground_roll is the sound generated by the wheels rolling on the ground (could be rumble and vibrations)

skid is played whenever the wheels are sliding or skidding on the ground. This happens on touch down (wheel speed slow but high ground speed) as well as when you set the parking brake at high speed.

There are no sounds for the doors or windows yet. But you can add in new custom sounds, just modify the tmd file to your liking after making a backup (last section is for sound).

Currently there is no ignition sound but that can be added, too.

Samples can be as long as you want. Too short means you can hear the loop sound. Too long and it may use too much space. Somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds.

If you plan on keeping your work you should create a copy of the a320 folder and paste it into your user documents Aerofl FS 2/aircraft folder. Then rename it to a320mod and all the *.tmd and *.tmb files inside it accordingly. Otherwise the next steam update for Aerofly will wipe your progress.

• Aye thanks man. Will do. I’ll assume there is a tutorial on adding custom sounds right. Thanks a lot.

I’ve gotten the sounds for the engines and more done, it’s sounds really nice.

Some sounds come from my audio recording when flying the A320 :)

If there isn’t a a tutorial, I’ll try to follow the layout of the other sounds.

Is it like (and this is definitely what it looks like)

>if I press ignition 2 then play sound ?

Thanks

Dean Bartolome

I’ll put a video up after I’m done. Maybe tomorrow I don’t know yet.

• i found the engine start

Code
    //          //  <[soundloop][Engine2LoopInternStart][]
    //          //      <[uint32][PositionID][Engine2Body.R]>
    //          //      <[uint32][VelocityID][Engine2Body.V]>
    //          //      <[string8][InputVolume][Engine2VolumeStart.Output]>
    //          //      <[string8][InputPitch][Engine2PitchStart.Output]>
    //          //      <[string8][SoundFile][a320_engine_start.wav]>
    //          //      <[bool][External][false]>
    //          //  >

all slashed by you guys, I will add the custom sounds using this layout

• i have a wheel touchdown soundeffect from landing.

Looking at the code in the gear section, how could I add a section where it would behave like the skidding but just on touchdown

essentially

and this is a my rough draft

C
    <[soundloop][NoseGearTouchdownSound][]                         //same thing but for RightGearTouchdown and LeftGearTouchdown
                    <[uint32][PositionID][something.R]>            //what goes in somehting
                    <[uint32][VelocityID][something.V]>            //what goes in something
                    <[string8][InputVolume]["what goes in here"]>    
                    <[string8][InputPitch]["what goes in here"]>
                    <[string8][SoundFile][touchdown.wav]>           //i have the files for nose, left, and right gear touchdown
     and will name the same
                    <[bool][External][false]>

also, how do I define when the sound shall be played. I would like to add a [soundmultiply] based on the vertical speed of the touchdown but idk how.

• "Something" is the position and speed of the sound source, e.g. Fuselage.R (position) and Fusalge.V (velocity)

- one soundloop per sound file that you have

InputVolume is an input from an other object in the sound section. Make sure to check out the wiki, where we explain how objects communicate in Aerofly FS: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/aircraft:tmd

You define your inputs from the dynamics to the sound section with the soundinput objects. Once definded you can use it as Name.Output

You can re-map the sounds, e.g. create a mapping from engine speed to volume or pitch. You can feed that mapping into your InputVolume or InputPitch.

The tm.log file should show any mistakes that you make (see https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.php/simulator:log)

• ik this is a cheat and asking for a lot, but anyone know how i can start? I have been reading the tutorials and maybe I will wait for the devs to add something similar to this or another person does it. For now I will just do the easy work hehe.

I see that the landing gear is already defined but have no clue how to write the sound code.

• Maybe just start by modifying the soundmapping of an existing sound until you get a feel of what it does.

The mapping is just a list of 2d points:

(input output) (input output).

E.g. the mapping (0.0 0.5) (1.0 1.0) means that for input 0 the output is 0.5 and for input 1.0 the output is also 1.0.

So if you just modify the second value of a pair of values you just modify the output. If that mapping is used for volume you just make it louder or quieter. If it's a pitch mapping then you increase the frequency of the sound, so either really high pitch or very low pitch.

Just change some values, save the file and reload the aircraft (e.g. change the repaint)

• nevermind. I got it, after some messing around. I will now tri doing the touchdown effect. I found some defined stuff already I might try to use.

i found these nice things.

are the [outputs] the defined parts of this nose gear? If so, can I use the [GroundRollLoadNose] as the soundmapping something like

Code
    [soundmapping][GroundRollLoadNose][]
                    <[string8][Input][GroundRollSpeedNose.Output]>
                    <[tmvector2d][Map][ (value value) ]>

or do i create a definition for the damper and the more it damps the louder the touchdown sound effect?

I have the sound for left, right, and nose gear so I will do the sound effects for all three. After i am done I would like for it to be implemented to the game for others.

Edited 2 times, last by DeanAngelo03 (September 23, 2020 at 12:13 AM).

• Defining nose touchdown but I dont know what goes in INPUT

Code
    //            <[output][NoseTouchdown][]
    //                <[string8][Input][FrontWheelHullLeft.WHATS GOES HERE]>

The only words I know that go in there are load, speed, and skid. I want to use the damper for I am assuming it states how hard I landed.

and in the sound section I wrote

I have everything ready but I dont know how to proceed from here.

Is there a way to use something else rather than a sound map, something like a one time event. Once the wheels touch the ground, like a skid, play the touchdown sound?

or would I use an event, but this isn't like pressing a button... hmmmm I know there are some unused buttons on the a320, maybe I will be able to create an event that is if you press this button, then the wheels will go move in 5 negative value (-5 knots) and if you press it again, it will return to 0.

Edited 4 times, last by DeanAngelo03 (September 23, 2020 at 1:46 AM).

• DeanAngelo03 September 23, 2020 at 12:40 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “a320 sounds names” to “a320 adding custom sound”.
  • You don't have to define new outputs I think.

The wheel loads should also already be available in the sound section.

Try to add a soundsingle or soundonce (not at the computer atm), I think the spoiler lever sound is set up like that. It works like an event edge. When you set the threshold high enough it should play your touchdown sound once.

InputTrigger would be the wheel load

Volume can be fixed like 5.0, pitch can be fixed 1.0

• ok got it, do i need a threshold or direction? what do they do. For the sound to play, how high should the threshold be, is the max 1.0 as 100%=very hard landing?

• had to slash it all out bc something is wrong but cannot troubleshoot it

I get a red box with STOP on it hahaha

these are my [output]

Code
    //GEAR TOUCHDOWN SOUND
                <[output][NoseTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][FrontWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >
                <[output][LeftTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][LeftWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >
                <[output][RightTouchdown][]
                    <[string8][Input][RightWheelHullLeft.Load]>
                >

Edited once, last by DeanAngelo03 (September 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM).

• 3.46-tmmodelmanager: loading dynamics begin 'a320mod'...

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.61-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |PositionID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |VelocityID| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputTrigger| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputVolume| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.62-tmfile_properties: property |InputPitch| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |SoundFile| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |Threshold| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |Direction| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.63-tmfile_properties: property |External| not found in this context |soundinput|

3.65-tmmodelmanager: ERROR: error loading tmd file 'a320mod'.

3.68-tmsimulator: ERROR: (syntax error loading model 'a320mod')

3.68-tmsimulator: loading fallback model...

...found the erroe