How to deal with it? fuselage shadows how to remove

• Mark Phelipe September 24, 2020 at 3:58 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “How to deal with it?” to “How to deal with it? fuselage shadows how to remove”.
  • Are we talking about the mobile version of PC version here? On mobile devices the precision of the self shadowing ( e.g. the shadows that are casted by the airplane onto itself ) might be a little low on certain mobile devices and depending on your view. For further discussion please provide a good screenshot and a description of your device.

• Are we talking about the mobile version of PC version here? On mobile devices the precision of the self shadowing ( e.g. the shadows that are casted by the airplane onto itself ) might be a little low on certain mobile devices and depending on your view. For further discussion please provide a good screenshot and a description of your device.

I have a 99% chance that this fact is in the PC version, where some users complain about the shadow of the wings, textures on the plane itself as they show in the topic below where some photo captures are attached.

RE: Options to reduce (Remove) the shadow on airplane textures.

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

A320 Test Pilot at Aerofly FS2!

I7 8GB RAM GeForce NVIDIA 1660TI 6GB VRAM Graphics 4K .

• I have a 99% chance that this fact is in the PC version, where some users complain about the shadow of the wings, textures on the plane itself as they show in the topic below where some photo captures are attached.

RE: Options to reduce (Remove) the shadow on airplane textures.

Regards,

Lucas

Yes, what I'm discussing here is that some shadows on the plane, especially in the cabin and on the A320's roof fuselage in the PC version, are unreal because there is a line that looks like the plane is cracked. When comparing with the mobile version of Android for example these shadows do not exist on it and it makes it even better because basically the plane only has a single shadow projected on the ground

• What some of you imply with this seems to be something absurd but it is not what can bother some is the tone that can be reduced. If the shadows are removed it will be very unreal. The plane is assembled in sections at the factory. The A320 has 3 sections plus radome where the lines mark, the top lines are normal in almost all Buses planes this cannot be removed but reduced.

Watch some authorized photos in one of the Airbus factory:

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

• In my opinion there'd be a lot of benefits in placing a few shadow sliders or button panels in what is currently very sparsely populated Graphics settings.

Cockpit & external shadow quality & intensity buttons definitely wouldn't be too complex - Zimmer pilots could easily work it out or else completely ignore.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F

• Our goal is to have as few options as needed. Each option takes away play time and keeps the users in the menus asking what the heck does this slider do.

We get a lot of users who are confused about our current options and settings already. Each additional option just confuses most users even more. Not everyone understands the options and settings as quickly as you guys. So more option is actually not beneficial to most users nor to us. Fewer options are the way to go and if you see issues like these you can obviously ask us to make the necessary changes. We can then make adjustments if needed for everyone. I'm sure everyone would like to see the most realistic picture on their device. So why would you limit that number of users to those that figured out how to adjust the slider to the right setting? It should be correct and realistic per default not each user having to find the most realistic setting.

So long story short: We are not going to add a new slider for this because it would affect all aircraft and you'd have to adjust the slider after each aircraft change. That's not user friendly.

• Our goal is to have as few options as needed. Each option takes away play time and keeps the users in the menus asking what the heck does this slider do.

We get a lot of users who are confused about our current options and settings already. Each additional option just confuses most users even more. Not everyone understands the options and settings as quickly as you guys. So more option is actually not beneficial to most users nor to us. Fewer options are the way to go and if you see issues like these you can obviously ask us to make the necessary changes. We can then make adjustments if needed for everyone. I'm sure everyone would like to see the most realistic picture on their device. So why would you limit that number of users to those that figured out how to adjust the slider to the right setting? It should be correct and realistic per default not each user having to find the most realistic setting.

So long story short: We are not going to add a new slider for this because it would affect all aircraft and you'd have to adjust the slider after each aircraft change. That's not user friendly.

Jet Pack, I understand what you're trying to emphasize. But please just reduce the hue in any case, but don’t remove too much just soften it thanks.

• Jet Pack, I understand what you're trying to emphasize. But please just reduce the hue in any case, but don’t remove too much just soften it thanks.

The tone according to the developers can be reduced yes, I don't see any problem, but I, as well as some users, will not accept that the texture tones are removed TOTALLY, for this you will have to get used even with the reduced tone with the shadows, because I also find it interesting to keep the shadows and not remove them. What Jan said is really coherent because many players are confused by many options especially people without any understanding of graphics.

Remember, enjoy the simulator for what it already has, which is already very good work.

Regards,

Lucas

Regards,

Lucas

Fair enough and it's obvious having built this incredible sim from the ground up, you guys know exactly what's right and I can see your point.

I don't see myself as knowledgable but I've looked at main.mcf and made adjustments and cockpit canopy shadows now look much more realistic than default - to my amateur eye. A matter of a few points higher on glass transparency. Of course panel shadows are still unrealistically intense with full sun especially in desert locations. I think this is due to contrast and hue being not much more than slightly elevated beyond optimally realistic.

Having understood the standpoint, I think a hidden advanced graphics setting menu would be the best solution. But I'll just soldier on with main.mcf and hope the canopy & panel shadows aren't too unrealistically intense when I soon go VR with Reverb G2.

i9-10900KF RTX 3090 64Gb Reverb G2 Saitek X-65F