It's time we need some roadmaps more than ever

• We need some voices here. What are you doing? What are you planning to do? I know you have something big up your sleeves, and I know your calm, silent and lowkey style, but this is not a time to relax. It's a time of crisis. The wolf has come. You have to shout out to let people stand by you. Don't delete me. I am writing this out of my long time love for you.

• ......The wolf has come. You have to shout out to let people stand by you......

Yea, but this "wolf" (assuming you are referring to this new "simulator" from MS) has blunt teeths in many aspects.

Our beloved Aerofly FS2 still offers better:

• Performance !!!! - which results in a far better and more fluid flying experience.
    • Far better and more plausible flight model/physics.
    • Helicopters !!!!
    • No online-force !!!! - you can operate AFS2 completely independent from online services and foreign servers.
    • With Aerofly FS2 you are buying a PRODUCT !!! which you can store on your hardware as a whole and with complete access to all its features. Whereas and in actual fact you are getting only a SERVICE if you buy this other sim - everything essential for this " other wolf" is provided outside of your simmer-hemisphere, and can be turned off anytime.
    • For Aerofly you don't need a decent internet connection; even no monthly subscription for internet, if you want to do so (like myself).
    • Aerofly offers a far more efficient VR AND TrackIR integration.
    • Aerofly FS2 offers a package of carefree. No horrendous download times, no regular CTD's, only very few bugs.
    • For Aerofly you don't need a modern and decent PC monster to handle it; and you can opterate it on various OS's.

These are all points which the evel wolf doesn't offer ;).

• Bit biased KalEl. Have you tried the Wolf?

Yes our AFS2 frame rates are spectacular. Our water, weather and ATC are not, nor do we have global AI traffic.

The "Wolf" is available through Steam so I would think reliability is not or shortly will not be an issue. There are actually people who do not care about VR or Track IR so that will not be an issue for most of their users either. Yes Wolf users will have to pay for each highly detailled add on but so do we, and I would be happy to pay a lot more if more AFS2 scenery was available.

The only thing stopping me from at trying the Wolf is lack of HD space on my laptop. I do not want to offload my AFS2 to make room either.

• Yesssss :) dear AOB, I've tried "The Wolf".

But to me it debunked as a nice, good looking puppy which is at the mercy of too many servants and doctors. It's a greatly enhanced Google-Earth-Flightsim, or better called Bing-Earth-Flightsim.

Resume: I uninstalled it some weeks ago, not shedding a tear over this puppy .

• We need some voices here. What are you doing? What are you planning to do? I know you have something big up your sleeves, and I know your calm, silent and lowkey style, but this is not a time to relax. It's a time of crisis. The wolf has come. You have to shout out to let people stand by you. Don't delete me. I am writing this out of my long time love for you.

Why should you, or anyone else who is not a member of the IPACS team, be given access to their plans?X(

• Why should you, or anyone else who is not a member of the IPACS team, be given access to their plans?X(

Well, AFS has always been advertised as a flight simulator "in progress". Not a finished product. Most people bought AFS full price anyway, and did it on the premise that AFS would improve with time. While not being officially a "early access" product, to some extent it is.

So it is not absurd to think that IPACS owes some information to its customers about its roadmap.

So far, the official line (if my understanding is correct) was that IPACS was working on developping a full-fledge flight simulator with all the feature that we are waiting for. It would have taken years, which was understandable, but that would be done.

With the release of MSFS, this is becoming unlikely. AFS2 can't be a MSFS competitor. AFS2 will become a niche product, so the question is, on what niche do they focus.

There is no rush, but it would be nice of them, at some point, to share their thought.

• With the release of MSFS, this is becoming unlikely. AFS2 can't be a MSFS competitor. AFS2 will become a niche product, so the question is, on what niche do they focus.

Nah. MSFS is full of problems; it lacks VR, and while the world is there, it's not terribly accurate. It's just autogen, for the most part. And no helicopters. I heavily prefer AFS2 to MSFS, and I do own them both. I'm still making my own scenery pack for Idaho for AFS2 because it's noticeably missing, and the MSFS version doesn't even remotely look right. MSFS has the area all green and covered with trees, and that's just not what it looks like.

If you are interested, you can see a preview of my work here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you prefer MSFS, Happy Trails...

I am putting on my stretch pants and planning to eat a large turkey dinner. After eating I'll relax. Probably take a nap.

Happy Thanksgiving.

• Yesssss :) dear AOB, I've tried "The Wolf".

But to me it debunked as a nice, good looking puppy which is at the mercy of too many servants and doctors. It's a greatly enhanced Google-Earth-Flightsim, or better called Bing-Earth-Flightsim.

Resume: I uninstalled it some weeks ago, not shedding a tear over this puppy .

Glad to hear you tried it before you fried it. ☺

• Yea, but this "wolf" (assuming you are referring to this new "simulator" from MS) has blunt teeths in many aspects.

Our beloved Aerofly FS2 still offers better:

• Performance !!!! - which results in a far better and more fluid flying experience.
    • Far better and more plausible flight model/physics.
    • Helicopters !!!!
    • No online-force !!!! - you can operate AFS2 completely independent from online services and foreign servers.
    • With Aerofly FS2 you are buying a PRODUCT !!! which you can store on your hardware as a whole and with complete access to all its features. Whereas and in actual fact you are getting only a SERVICE if you buy this other sim - everything essential for this " other wolf" is provided outside of your simmer-hemisphere, and can be turned off anytime.
    • For Aerofly you don't need a decent internet connection; even no monthly subscription for internet, if you want to do so (like myself).
    • Aerofly offers a far more efficient VR AND TrackIR integration.
    • Aerofly FS2 offers a package of carefree. No horrendous download times, no regular CTD's, only very few bugs.
    • For Aerofly you don't need a modern and decent PC monster to handle it; and you can opterate it on various OS's.

These are all points which the evel wolf doesn't offer ;).

Bitte schreiben Sie das mal an ORBX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;);):D

Ich habe es schon 15 mal versucht,kommt nichts zurück.;(

MFG Enrico